Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > > >
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2015, 10:28 AM   #21  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Posts: 257
Default

alerdriver

AND wallah
MO SO If you don't know who M-Ke and suze are good for you.
Caption not caption wright? capetain?
take took oops
numerous oK "many" s$it cubicle duds(s)
Hydralics hydrastics when they go bad SyS1 Blu with 34.6 gallons at 3500psi for the nerd tech pilots.
skeebo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 10:43 AM   #22  
gets every day off
 
Nitefrater's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Retired MD11 Capt
Posts: 687
Default

These have got to be saved. When he sobers up he'll try to edit or delete them.
Nitefrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 10:58 AM   #23  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,365
Default

I could not care less about grammar usage or misspelling. However...

Misinformation does need to be called out. The captains (now retired and friends of mine) who ferried to Asia, totally legal. As a captain, she could fly in the left seat, and as flight test, he could fly in either. But don't let the facts get in your way.

And complaining about how someone walks into AOC? What are they supposed to do, crawl? People might pay more attention to her because of positive personality traits. Who cares if someone is more popular than others, and why?
busdriver12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 12:46 PM   #24  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Adlerdriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 777F FO
Posts: 3,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeebo2 View Post
aldel driver grammar nazi

Cool pic what did you really fly? C150 or piper?

No booze no ad hominum Just a small keyboard on a cell moving in a crew van.

This booze thing that i an constantly accused of;
? it take one to know one?
Or like farting he who smelt it dealt it?


Other night in Kmem the winds were very gusty. Lately we have a few lines go thru. Neither the F/O or the jumpseater questioned my grammar. Instead they said thanks nice landing. When exiting on the stairs a holly shot or 2 was mentioned.
I'm (usually) far from a grammar Nazi. I really just wanted to ensure your post, in its original form, was preserved for posterity. They're pretty entertaining.

If you want to be more than a punchline here, would it be that difficult to run a spell check or at least read what you post after it's up so you can make any corrections that might help the reader. Small keyboards and moving crew vans aside, maybe your message isn't as critical as you think and could wait until you get to a real computer or the crew van at least stops. I'd also ask you to minimize the stream of consciousness approach you use in your posts but that's probably asking too much - I think that's just your way. The booze thing is just a comic way of inferring that your messages come across a little (to say the least) disjointed. Ready-Fire-Aim!! You may know what you're trying to say and think you're saying it quite well. At the risk of speaking for the crowd, the rest of us have to work a little harder than usual to figure out what you're saying.

Case in point - I have no clue what a "holly shot or 2" on the air stairs is. My guess is you're trying to say that your passengers/FO were making some kind of exclamation because of the landing conditions..... if so, well, we're all just glad you guys are okay.

I'm sure you're a fine pilot. We have lots of them - most of them can fly a jet AND communicate in public reasonably well . Maybe you communicate on the flight deck a little better than you do here.
Adlerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:52 PM   #25  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Posts: 257
Default

" Misinformation does need to be called out. The captains (now retired and friends of mine) who ferried to Asia, totally legal. As a captain, she could fly in the left seat, and as flight test, he could fly in either"

BINGO! So how did these 2 privileged friends of your get the trip?
Who was the vanilla Captain or Joe 6pack F/O who got to fly to Asia on a sweet trip. And now that they are gone who did they teach to carry the baton?
With friends like these 2 buddy bidders who needs enemy?

I don't type well. I get it
Nepotism cronyism you my friend prove my point. Thanks

Stream of consciousness you mean like William falkner or James joyce?

10 Writers Who Use Stream of Consciousness Better than Anybody Else | Qwiklit

Quit reading Dr Suess

While you are on google look up ee cummings. note small h--- he wasn't big on capitalization or punctuation. But all of the above are recognized for their brilliance and can be found in any public library. How bout u?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTSGp4UdEvQ


NiTer farter oops nitefrater when you get out of diapers you'll understand.

ITS A BLOG GET OVER YOURSELVES.

Wrong! " ...Who cares if someone is more popular than others, and why?" she is not popular her dad is. The real humor here is he is most popular for being a total duc$e bag. And would strut with a ship eating grin in the AOC.
Did you notice??? he retired (from flying) big cake but did not retire from FDX$$$$
Will this be you or like the rest of us proletariat?

No cake in the new contract.
skeebo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:02 PM   #26  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CloudSailor's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,649
Default

skeebo2, it's Friday night. Come on man, admit it. You're wasted. There's nothing wrong with that. You would do yourself a favor by admitting your posts are alcohol-induced. Otherwise, you're arguing that you post as you have been while sober.
CloudSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:11 PM   #27  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeebo2 View Post
BINGO! So how did these 2 privileged friends of your get the trip?
Who was the vanilla Captain or Joe 6pack F/O who got to fly to Asia on a sweet trip. And now that they are gone who did they teach to carry the baton?
I have seen some of these trips and they don't look like sweet deals to me. I'd assume that they go to people with specific training on overwater ops that most Airbus domestic sluggos don't get until they move over to the MD-11 or 777. No doubt Flight Test pilots are offered these sort of deals, and I don't begrudge them flying trips that I am not trained for. You want to fly to Asia on the bus now, they just posted a SIBA bid. Go for it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by skeebo2 View Post
Wrong! ...Who cares if someone is more popular than others, and why?" she is not popular her dad is. The real humor here is he is most popular for being a total duc$e bag. And would strut with a ship eating grin in the AOC.
Did you notice??? he retired (from flying) big cake but did not retire from FDX$$$$
I think it's pretty tasteless to bash someone because of whom their father is. Do you want people to put down your children, because they don't like you?
busdriver12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:27 PM   #28  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Adlerdriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 777F FO
Posts: 3,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by busdriver12 View Post
I think it's pretty tasteless to bash someone because of whom their father is. Do you want people to put down your children, because they don't like you?
I'll second that - as well as the partial veiled attack on her abilities. Axe sharp yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeebo2 View Post
She should earn her stripes. Every capt uses kitten cloves and Elizabethan politeness with her. Good luck in bad wx, with a mel, divert and a hdryo sys fail. Her heritage will not help much .
Adlerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 06:27 PM   #29  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2009
Posts: 919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudSailor View Post
skeebo2, it's Friday night. Come on man, admit it. You're wasted. There's nothing wrong with that. You would do yourself a favor by admitting your posts are alcohol-induced. Otherwise, you're arguing that you post as you have been while sober.
Please don't discourage him.. It's very entertaining and, quite honestly, thought provoking. I keep asking myself "what does he mean", "what is that", "do I need to get out more??" Kitten Cloves? Love it...

I'll admit it. I haven't spent much time reading the urban dictionary. But, that may change. To be continued....
golfandfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:38 PM   #30  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfandfly View Post
Please don't discourage him.. It's very entertaining and, quite honestly, thought provoking. I keep asking myself "what does he mean", "what is that", "do I need to get out more??" Kitten Cloves? Love it...

I'll admit it. I haven't spent much time reading the urban dictionary. But, that may change. To be continued....
Hmm, I'm not thinking this is the urban dictionary. More like "kitten cloves" is drunkspeak for "kid gloves".

But I do see your point about not discouraging him. There hasn't been much to entertain us around here lately. Nothing but , so yeah, keep it coming, I need to smile again.
busdriver12 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FAA pilot training rules delayed 6 years jumppilot Safety 27 07-18-2012 08:32 AM
FDX-Look Whos Fighting Fatigue Rules In Court DLax85 Cargo 0 02-14-2012 06:19 PM
Fedex - deep breath on the rest rules Adlerdriver Cargo 16 01-03-2012 12:54 PM
The Cargo Cutout Timeoff2fish Safety 69 12-29-2011 06:23 AM
WTO rules in favor of US over Airbus ToiletDuck Major 4 09-08-2009 01:06 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:19 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1