Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2015, 09:22 PM   #121  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Posts: 166
Default

Fair enough, maybe that's what your crediting...The guys that I know at majors all across the board in the U.S are crediting about 1000 hours per year...Maybe they are not working as hard as you are..
A330Pilot is offline  
Old 08-05-2015, 08:02 AM   #122  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Window seat
Posts: 4,448
Default

Union said average, including reserves, was around 1020-1040.
Subtract reserves and the average for line holders is about 1075.

A reasonable wage estimate -
reserve - 90% of hourly rate x 1000. IE $100/hr = $90,000/yr.
line holder - 100-110%. IE $100/hr = $100,000 - $110,000/yr.

Using the union's numbers (+/-) -

Reserve @ $100//yr = $90,000.
Line holder - $107,500.
Avg for all - $103,000.

Plus 15-16% retirement.
Sliceback is offline  
Old 08-05-2015, 02:43 PM   #123  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Worldguy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: 777
Posts: 358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliceback View Post
Union said average, including reserves, was around 1020-1040.
Subtract reserves and the average for line holders is about 1075.

A reasonable wage estimate -
reserve - 90% of hourly rate x 1000. IE $100/hr = $90,000/yr.
line holder - 100-110%. IE $100/hr = $100,000 - $110,000/yr.

Using the union's numbers (+/-) -

Reserve @ $100//yr = $90,000.
Line holder - $107,500.
Avg for all - $103,000.

Plus 15-16% retirement.
I think it is great that my mates are making what they were supposed to be making under the 2000 era contract. It is now 2015 and the next "event" than negates all that "progress" could happen any time, ie: sars, ebola, change in equity for pay to executives.....and it is furloughs again, but your company values your contribution so much that nothing negative could happen.....cough.

Anyway, my point is I am an American guy that has found QR to be not that bad a deal.

Best of luck to all.

Last edited by Worldguy; 08-05-2015 at 02:45 PM. Reason: ask my uncle about his USAir retirement after the 11 filing.
Worldguy is offline  
Old 08-05-2015, 07:02 PM   #124  
Da Hudge
 
80ktsClamp's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer
Posts: 17,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A330Pilot View Post
Fair enough, maybe that's what your crediting...The guys that I know at majors all across the board in the U.S are crediting about 1000 hours per year...Maybe they are not working as hard as you are..
I'll be at 240,000 this year as an A320 FO at DL. Not the only one, either...

Lot's of CA's will be wayyy above 400k, too.
80ktsClamp is online now  
Old 08-05-2015, 09:51 PM   #125  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp View Post
I'll be at 240,000 this year as an A320 FO at DL. Not the only one, either...

Lot's of CA's will be wayyy above 400k, too.
Clamp, If those are real numbers, then that's a great salary...But tell me, how?
A330Pilot is offline  
Old 08-06-2015, 08:49 AM   #126  
Da Hudge
 
80ktsClamp's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer
Posts: 17,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A330Pilot View Post
Clamp, If those are real numbers, then that's a great salary...But tell me, how?
Work rules, premium pay, and profit sharing.
80ktsClamp is online now  
Old 08-07-2015, 05:13 AM   #127  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp View Post
Work rules, premium pay, and profit sharing.
Nice...That's good money for a 320 FO..
A330Pilot is offline  
Old 08-10-2015, 10:59 PM   #128  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: French Bus Capn'
Posts: 6,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A330Pilot View Post
Nice...That's good money for a 320 FO..
He is leaving a pretty big detail out, but technically it counts as a work rule benefit.
ShyGuy is offline  
Old 08-11-2015, 03:26 PM   #129  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
He is leaving a pretty big detail out, but technically it counts as a work rule benefit.
While its a good salary, I think he has to be at work all the time to earn that much...
A330Pilot is offline  
Old 08-11-2015, 08:16 PM   #130  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Posts: 567
Default

Or he's a bubba working in the training department! I know many delta guys making that kind of cash. Same for friends at swa or fdx. And they are not slaving away and enjoy lots of time off.
f10a is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta? Guard Dude Delta 198571 Today 02:20 PM
Republic/Chautauqua New Deal With US Airways for E-170 and E-190 Frisky Pilot Regional 15 10-01-2009 05:27 PM
Real men of genius cactiboss Mergers and Acquisitions 0 04-16-2009 07:56 AM
Piecing together the US Airways Puzzle RockBottom Major 0 03-07-2005 11:04 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:50 PM.