Notices

Hiring / training

Old 09-08-2022, 11:13 AM
  #3181  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Aug 2022
Posts: 21
Default

Originally Posted by BufordT Justice
Canadian regional pilots are criminally underpaid. On a slightly unrelated note, is there something preventing US carriers from picking up the slack in Canada from the perpetual sh*t show that is Air Canada? It seems like there is an absolute aching for reliable service up that way. Air Canada is a disaster.
It is a disaster up here. Air Canada is also underpaid. 777 Captains make less then NB year 3-4 CAs in the USA. It's disgusting. Union busting companies, none or very little competition for pilots and government over-reach are a bit part of the problem. Air Canada used to be a very well respected place to work, and was paid well (20 years ago). Since then it's been a constant degradation on the WAWCON largely due to an inept union. I can say with quite a lot of certainty that anyone wanting to move to the USA to fly would stand in lockstep with any American born pilot at a strike or protest picket. And there's way less pilots here in Canada (maybe 15k ATPs among all the airlines) and most wouldnt' move. At most there would be a slow trickle of maybe a few dozen a year willing to uproot their life and move to the USA. Certainly not enough to make any sort of impact on WAWCON in the USA.
canucker is offline  
Old 09-08-2022, 11:23 AM
  #3182  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2022
Posts: 218
Default

Originally Posted by canucker
It is a disaster up here. Air Canada is also underpaid. 777 Captains make less then NB year 3-4 CAs in the USA. It's disgusting. Union busting companies, none or very little competition for pilots and government over-reach are a bit part of the problem. Air Canada used to be a very well respected place to work, and was paid well (20 years ago). Since then it's been a constant degradation on the WAWCON largely due to an inept union. I can say with quite a lot of certainty that anyone wanting to move to the USA to fly would stand in lockstep with any American born pilot at a strike or protest picket. And there's way less pilots here in Canada (maybe 15k ATPs among all the airlines) and most wouldnt' move. At most there would be a slow trickle of maybe a few dozen a year willing to uproot their life and move to the USA. Certainly not enough to make any sort of impact on WAWCON in the USA.
I may be in the minority, but I would welcome the hand full of Canadian pilots who are well qualified & eager to come to the US - over the 1000 hour fresh ATPs with no jet time that several LCC airlines have begun to hire. As long as they don’t make their announcements in French. 😁
BufordT Justice is offline  
Old 09-08-2022, 11:30 AM
  #3183  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Aug 2022
Posts: 21
Default

Most of us don't speak a lick, so nothing to worry about. Ha!
canucker is offline  
Old 09-08-2022, 06:25 PM
  #3184  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Sep 2022
Posts: 1
Default

Hey guys, Canadian regional pilot here tired of making minimum wage here in the frozen north 😏. Are there any Canadians here or know any Canadians that successfully got the offer and visa sponsorship from Frontier? (Not counting those who have American wives). I’m looking at converting my ATPL to ATP but it is quite the costly ordeal now…
Thanks!
Tonyt is offline  
Old 09-08-2022, 08:36 PM
  #3185  
Gets Weekends Off
 
madmax757's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: seated - facing forward
Posts: 1,018
Smile Holy Molson

Next thing you know, you're landing you're snazzy new 321NEO on a gravel airstrip in Manitoba with some Newfi copilot.

Holy Molson Aaaaay..
madmax757 is offline  
Old 09-08-2022, 09:01 PM
  #3186  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2022
Posts: 218
Default

Originally Posted by madmax757
Next thing you know, you're landing you're snazzy new 321NEO on a gravel airstrip in Manitoba with some Newfi copilot.

Holy Molson Aaaaay..
Newfies are the only Canadians I get along with. 😁 NL is amazing.
BufordT Justice is offline  
Old 09-09-2022, 11:18 AM
  #3187  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2019
Posts: 38
Default

Originally Posted by OscarRomeo
Just wear a suit and bring a resume. Be prepared to talk about yourself and answer “why Frontier?” I think the day after interviews are a new thing this month so there’s probably not a gouge on them. I’d guess it’s the same format as the regular interviews though.
Just did the Orlando MTCs. Can confirm. Be a good human being with the required time and know at least a little bit about the company, you’ll get good news from the company
thefauxfox is offline  
Old 09-09-2022, 12:24 PM
  #3188  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Posts: 564
Default

They offer jobs at the MTCs?
buffalopilot is offline  
Old 09-09-2022, 12:45 PM
  #3189  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jun 2022
Posts: 18
Default

No one I spoke to at the event got an offer for a next day interview, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen though. Very informative and laid back event though.
SlightlyTaco75 is offline  
Old 09-09-2022, 01:45 PM
  #3190  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jan 2020
Posts: 5
Default

Originally Posted by thefauxfox
Just did the Orlando MTCs. Can confirm. Be a good human being with the required time and know at least a little bit about the company, you’ll get good news from the company
Did people receive outmatch assessments from today already?
JulietWhiskey is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
PaulG
Hawaiian
4
10-19-2017 04:24 PM
Lbell911
Regional
34
03-13-2016 04:38 AM
HuggyU2
Part 91 and Low Time
25
03-27-2013 02:24 PM
BTDTB4
Major
29
02-14-2012 12:27 PM
JungleBus
Major
121
12-20-2008 04:13 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices