Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 04-19-2019, 10:11 PM
  #11771  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,902
Default

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
Sure... go ahead... apologize for a colleague’s inappropriate behaviour. Go ahead, be a sheep. You’re nothing short of an enabler, brown noser and a subscriber of the Stockholm Syndrome. Make sure you’ve got enough tissues in your flight bag. Nothing worse than showing up to work with that brown spot off your nose. I’ve never had any issue calling anyone be they in uniform or not when showing such disdain to another... especially a pax.

At the end of the day... those passengers are the sponsors who make your pay check possible... who are entitled to simple respect...
I think you’re wearing that double breasted jacket a little too tightly, maybe loosen up a button or two.
ShyGuy is offline  
Old 04-20-2019, 02:54 AM
  #11772  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Posts: 527
Default

I'm sorry for Captjns' posting here, everyone
vessbot is offline  
Old 04-20-2019, 04:48 AM
  #11773  
Rerouted On Weekends
 
Jaww's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: 717A
Posts: 2,937
Default

Originally Posted by vessbot View Post
I'm sorry for Captjns' posting here, everyone
Gimme a break. Don’t apologize for him! You should confront him in front of the whole forum.
Jaww is offline  
Old 04-20-2019, 01:19 PM
  #11774  
Jorts and New Balance
 
dingdong's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2019
Position: Ready for the overnight
Posts: 147
Default

I would probably make a joke to the pax like "Well, I guess his/her flight wont be delayed for anything" or something stupid like that. Make the pax laugh to diffuse the situation, but also subtly make the offender look like a donkey.
dingdong is offline  
Old 04-20-2019, 04:09 PM
  #11775  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green
Posts: 4,378
Default

Originally Posted by vessbot View Post
I'm sorry for Captjns' posting here, everyone
Don't apologize for Captjns. He's got more time in commercial jets than you do breathing. You could learn a thing or two from him IF you're willing to learn that is.
Packrat is offline  
Old 04-20-2019, 06:19 PM
  #11776  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2013
Posts: 647
Default

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
Don't apologize for Captjns. He's got more time in commercial jets than you do breathing. You could learn a thing or two from him IF you're willing to learn that is.
I apologize for Packrat, he's retired but still hasn't found anything better to do than spend his time on APC. You can all learn a thing or two from him, namely, find a hobby before you turn 65.

Also, I'm not automatically impressed with someone having done something for "longer than I've been breathing." If captjns has been an insufferable, pompous, douchebag for as long as I've been alive, which seems likely given his post history, then his opinion means LESS to me, not more.
echelon is offline  
Old 04-20-2019, 06:46 PM
  #11777  
Gets Weekends Off
 
captjns's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar
Posts: 5,931
Default

Originally Posted by echelon View Post
I apologize for Packrat, he's retired but still hasn't found anything better to do than spend his time on APC. You can all learn a thing or two from him, namely, find a hobby before you turn 65.

Also, I'm not automatically impressed with someone having done something for "longer than I've been breathing." If captjns has been an insufferable, pompous, douchebag for as long as I've been alive, which seems likely given his post history, then his opinion means LESS to me, not more.
Hey Alaska badger, you could probably learn a thing or two from Packrat. He probably has more time holding over the SEA VOR than you have in your logbook. But hey... you can be proud having more participation trophies on your shelf than him. Mommy and Daddy can be proud of you. Looking at your previous posts it appears you’re seeking approval from the adults. Keep at it kid.

Last edited by captjns; 04-20-2019 at 07:00 PM.
captjns is offline  
Old 04-20-2019, 07:20 PM
  #11778  
Gets Weekends Off
 
WHACKMASTER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.
Posts: 6,631
Default

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
Don't apologize for Captjns. He's got more time in commercial jets than you do breathing.
Which still doesn’t excuse so many of his previous posts. GMAFB
WHACKMASTER is offline  
Old 04-20-2019, 07:44 PM
  #11779  
On Guard!
 
Meow1215's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,181
Default

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
Hey Alaska badger, you could probably learn a thing or two from Packrat. He probably has more time holding over the SEA VOR than you have in your logbook. But hey... you can be proud having more participation trophies on your shelf than him. Mommy and Daddy can be proud of you. Looking at your previous posts it appears you’re seeking approval from the adults. Keep at it kid.
You sure your not a millennial?
Meow1215 is offline  
Old 04-20-2019, 08:12 PM
  #11780  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Posts: 527
Default

What have I done
vessbot is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elvis90
Military
2
11-11-2010 09:25 AM
meloveboeing
Regional
5
10-02-2010 07:47 AM
kc135driver
United
119
08-24-2010 08:30 AM
exerauflyboy5
Flight Schools and Training
15
02-18-2009 08:29 PM
Busdriver
JetBlue
70
01-16-2006 10:32 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices