Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 05-02-2019, 06:43 AM
  #11871  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,409
Default

Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
Here we go again..
At least itís entertaining in its own special way.
Iceberg is offline  
Old 05-02-2019, 08:36 AM
  #11872  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,473
Default

Originally Posted by Meow1215 View Post
TOTD - the captain who decided to take it upon himself to tell my FO about his safety/security violation while in process committing his own violation(s) walking on the ramp without SIDA or a crew badge to tell my FO how he committed a safety/security violation.
No vest in Atlanta?
hilltopflyer is offline  
Old 05-02-2019, 12:35 PM
  #11873  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,547
Default

Originally Posted by Meow1215 View Post
TOTD - the captain who decided to take it upon himself to tell my FO about his safety/security violation while in process committing his own violation(s) walking on the ramp without SIDA or a crew badge to tell my FO how he committed a safety/security violation.
I hope your FO told him to eff off!
m3113n1a1 is offline  
Old 05-02-2019, 03:38 PM
  #11874  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Oct 2017
Posts: 848
Default

Originally Posted by m3113n1a1 View Post
I hope your FO told him to eff off!
Your user name wreaks havoc on my OCD. You spelled millennial wrong with your cool kid writing.
PhantomHawk is offline  
Old 05-02-2019, 07:04 PM
  #11875  
On Guard!
 
Meow1215's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,181
Default

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
So what was the offending Captainís reaction and response when you stepped into the action?
Tried to defend the decision by saying that he was allowed to walk from one plane to another in the performance of his duties as it is a company aircraft/ employee and that he was addressing a safety violation.

I explained to him that is not how TSA regulations work regarding the SIDA and his crew badge. I then suggested he return to his airplane via the jet bridge while I address the lack of a vest with my FO.
Meow1215 is offline  
Old 05-02-2019, 07:07 PM
  #11876  
On Guard!
 
Meow1215's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,181
Default

Originally Posted by hilltopflyer View Post
No vest in Atlanta?
It was a vest issue, but not at a airport that requires one. The FOM does however state one is to be worn on the ramp now.
Meow1215 is offline  
Old 05-02-2019, 07:09 PM
  #11877  
Gets Weekends Off
 
captjns's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar
Posts: 5,743
Default

Originally Posted by Meow1215 View Post
Tried to defend the decision by saying that he was allowed to walk from one plane to another in the performance of his duties as it is a company aircraft/ employee and that he was addressing a safety violation.

I explained to him that is not how TSA regulations work regarding the SIDA and his crew badge. I then suggested he return to his airplane via the jet bridge while I address the lack of a vest with my FO.
Good on you. Too bad his ego had out shown his lack of civility.
captjns is offline  
Old 05-02-2019, 10:13 PM
  #11878  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2017
Posts: 2,673
Default

Originally Posted by ItnStln View Post
Thatís what this world has come to, sadly.
Donít let symbian simian catch you making a non PC joke or he is going to come after you, because he is still socially ďwokeĒ.
Halon1211 is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 06:31 AM
  #11879  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,547
Default

Originally Posted by PhantomHawk View Post
Your user name wreaks havoc on my OCD. You spelled millennial wrong with your cool kid writing.
I'm part of the MEllennial generation. I only care about ME!!
m3113n1a1 is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 08:35 AM
  #11880  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,383
Default

Originally Posted by CLRtoPush View Post
Nothing...The the best comedy is a reflection of the truth.


Thatís why Nick Dipaolo,Bill Burr and others are doing well. Brutally honest truth tellers.
Learflyer is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elvis90
Military
2
11-11-2010 09:25 AM
meloveboeing
Regional
5
10-02-2010 07:47 AM
kc135driver
United
119
08-24-2010 08:30 AM
exerauflyboy5
Flight Schools and Training
15
02-18-2009 08:29 PM
Busdriver
JetBlue
70
01-16-2006 10:32 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread