Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 05-18-2012, 06:04 PM
  #1411  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: B787. Left seat.
Posts: 270
Default

The check in agent who made me wait for an hour for a seat because FC might be full (was on an annual leave ticket) and then when I was finally assigned a seat, had to run to the gate to make the flight to find out I was the only passenger in that cabin.
EYBusdriver is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 06:14 PM
  #1412  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,857
Default

TSA screeners for doing their job (not) and Piedmont pilot for sneaking a loaded .357, for 3 days. priceless.
Sailor is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 08:08 PM
  #1413  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Boomer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: blueJet
Posts: 4,502
Default

Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
TSA screeners for doing their job (not) and Piedmont pilot for sneaking a loaded .357, for 3 days. priceless.
Who carries a revolver anymore?

This guy thinks he's Lethal Weapon's Roger MurTOOL.
Boomer is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 06:01 AM
  #1414  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Mar 2009
Posts: 562
Default

Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
TSA screeners for doing their job (not) and Piedmont pilot for sneaking a loaded .357, for 3 days. priceless.
Police nab airline pilot with loaded gun in luggage - Yahoo! News
samballs is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 11:00 AM
  #1415  
Gets Weekends Off
 
TeddyKGB's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: 7er
Posts: 1,673
Default

Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
TSA screeners for doing their job (not) and Piedmont pilot for sneaking a loaded .357, for 3 days. priceless.
The Piedmont bypassed security, (KCM maybe), with the gun and that's how he ended up flying with it. It wasn't until he was forced to go through a security check point that he was caught with it so sounds like the TSA did catch it.
TeddyKGB is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 12:09 PM
  #1416  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Posts: 10
Default

Flew with a CA a few years back that would call his fiancee every morning before an O dark 30 departure to say all that mooshy cr@p that soon to be married people say all while I sit in the cockpit trying not to listen. The icing on the cake was his sign off, he would say "I love you" and then kiss the mic on the phone a couple of times. Awkward. Maybe not quite a Tool moment but definitly a lose your man card moment.

Another TOTD & I am sure I will be stepping on toes with this one is the pilots who call their spouse while in the cockpit after every leg to tell them they have landed safely. Seriously, come on save it for the dangerous van ride in SDQ.

Or the CA who insisted on talking to his wife on his phone while taxiing to get deiced in CVG. Once in the line and about numero 4 for the hose down he decides to shut both engines down. Sure as shootin' the line moves up & the deice boss is yelling at us to move up. El Capitan, still jabbering on the phone, bring the thrust levers up on quiet engines. Tool.
ce170b is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 12:31 PM
  #1417  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Posts: 10
Default

Got another one, a legendary FO at my former regional carrier, while on IOE told the IOE CA who was coming in for a landing in a slight crosswind that he needed more left rudder. The CA taxiied to the gate and then proceeded to give him "the talk". Which included the little nugget "I have more time in the flare than you have total time". The talk must not have sunk in during IOE because the FO became a legendary right seat CA.
ce170b is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 02:15 PM
  #1418  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.
Posts: 3,966
Default

Originally Posted by ce170b View Post
Flew with a CA a few years back that would call his fiancee every morning before an O dark 30 departure to say all that mooshy cr@p that soon to be married people say all while I sit in the cockpit trying not to listen. The icing on the cake was his sign off, he would say "I love you" and then kiss the mic on the phone a couple of times. Awkward. Maybe not quite a Tool moment but definitly a lose your man card moment.

Another TOTD & I am sure I will be stepping on toes with this one is the pilots who call their spouse while in the cockpit after every leg to tell them they have landed safely. Seriously, come on save it for the dangerous van ride in SDQ.

Or the CA who insisted on talking to his wife on his phone while taxiing to get deiced in CVG. Once in the line and about numero 4 for the hose down he decides to shut both engines down. Sure as shootin' the line moves up & the deice boss is yelling at us to move up. El Capitan, still jabbering on the phone, bring the thrust levers up on quiet engines. Tool.
I think I've flown with this guy!
freezingflyboy is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 10:54 PM
  #1419  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Posts: 10
Default

Originally Posted by freezingflyboy View Post
I think I've flown with this guy!
Depends, they were two different captains, both at the red-headed stepchild side of yv.
The 1st one left for greener pastures. The 2nd CA is still there. He is also the one who noticed a newly married groom just getting on our flight from Nassau & proceded to conclude his announcement with best wishes to the bride & "to the groom....buddy your life is over"! Stay classy regional airline captain.
ce170b is offline  
Old 05-20-2012, 01:21 PM
  #1420  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.
Posts: 3,966
Default

Originally Posted by ce170b View Post
Depends, they were two different captains, both at the red-headed stepchild side of yv.
The 1st one left for greener pastures. The 2nd CA is still there. He is also the one who noticed a newly married groom just getting on our flight from Nassau & proceded to conclude his announcement with best wishes to the bride & "to the groom....buddy your life is over"! Stay classy regional airline captain.
Well I was never at YV so I'm sure it wasn't the same actual guy but we've got a couple of our own here at ExpressJet. What a bunch of weenies.
freezingflyboy is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elvis90
Military
2
11-11-2010 09:25 AM
meloveboeing
Regional
5
10-02-2010 07:47 AM
kc135driver
United
119
08-24-2010 08:30 AM
exerauflyboy5
Flight Schools and Training
15
02-18-2009 08:29 PM
Busdriver
JetBlue
70
01-16-2006 10:32 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices