Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 05-18-2012, 09:46 AM
  #1401  
Gets Weekends Off
 
EmbraerFlyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: CA
Posts: 397
Default

Was deadheading the other day and a PA was made. "Ladies and gentlemen, we appologize for the turbulance we are experiencing. We will try to find a smooth ride." Why are we appologizing for an act of God. Then shortly after than another PA applogizing for the delay we are experciencing due to the holding pattern ATC has given. This was a flight going into EWR on a bad weather day. We appologize way too much.
EmbraerFlyer is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 09:48 AM
  #1402  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,919
Default

Originally Posted by EmbraerFlyer View Post
Was deadheading the other day and a PA was made. "Ladies and gentlemen, we appologize for the turbulance we are experiencing. We will try to find a smooth ride." Why are we appologizing for an act of God. Then shortly after than another PA applogizing for the delay we are experciencing due to the holding pattern ATC has given. This was a flight going into EWR on a bad weather day. We appologize way too much.
I'm sorry you feel that way.
DeadHead is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 10:23 AM
  #1403  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2009
Position: AN124 FE
Posts: 1,226
Default

Originally Posted by mooney View Post
ahh yes....the same people who spend more time at the gym looking in the mirror, looking around to see if anyone is watching them, or on their cell phone than they do repping....
And wear sweat pants so they do not reveal their little chicken legs. All about above the waist.

Reminds me of the 2 guys who run everyday in my hometown allllll day long. I wont lie they both are probably the most fit people I have ever seen but you cant help but wonder if they work or live in moms basement. O and they run with a stroller that has about a 100 lb dumbell dressed as a baby, each one holds one of the handles. Very peculiar
Fly782 is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 11:45 AM
  #1404  
Line Holder
 
Vandal's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Posts: 82
Default

Not really a tool moment, but I was commuting out of MCO, and there was a group of teenagers strutting around wearing pilot uniforms and making Zoolander faces while wearing aviators indoors. I asked them who they flew for and they said they were students from Norway who went to Phoenix East, and were half way through their PPL training. They were going home for Christmas vacation wearing their school uniforms. Honestly it was the cutest/funniest thing I had seen for awhile.
Vandal is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 12:51 PM
  #1405  
Looking for a laugh
 
Justdoinmyjob's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,099
Default

Originally Posted by EmbraerFlyer View Post
Was deadheading the other day and a PA was made. "Ladies and gentlemen, we appologize for the turbulance we are experiencing. We will try to find a smooth ride." Why are we appologizing for an act of God. Then shortly after than another PA applogizing for the delay we are experciencing due to the holding pattern ATC has given. This was a flight going into EWR on a bad weather day. We appologize way too much.
Originally Posted by DeadHead View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way.
Great Opening Titles Part 9: Monty Python & The Holy Grail - YouTube
Justdoinmyjob is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 01:47 PM
  #1406  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Mar 2009
Posts: 562
Default

How about the guy who stares at his phone an entire 4 day trip every chance he can, then looks over at you and says,"my buddy just text me to tell me this or that, which is a good source, that (i'll let you input rumor from this board)". One, i dont care about anyone or any other airline at 5am. Two the reason i can see your phone and its not your buddy, your on this site. Two, the reason i can see you are this site is because you are one of the few tools who bought the over sized smart phones and look like a jackass holding a computer to your ear. Finally why do you read this site that much?
samballs is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 02:39 PM
  #1407  
Gets Weekends Off
 
The Chow's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 1st year pay for the 3rd time
Posts: 1,430
Default

Originally Posted by samballs View Post
How about the guy who stares at his phone an entire 4 day trip every chance he can, then looks over at you and says,"my buddy just text me to tell me this or that, which is a good source, that (i'll let you input rumor from this board)". One, i dont care about anyone or any other airline at 5am. Two the reason i can see your phone and its not your buddy, your on this site. Two, the reason i can see you are this site is because you are one of the few tools who bought the over sized smart phones and look like a jackass holding a computer to your ear. Finally why do you read this site that much?
Careful Sam,

The mods or HSLD can permanently brand you as a tool for questioning someone else being on this site.

Now give APC 5 sponsor clicks or you'll be labeled.
The Chow is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 02:45 PM
  #1408  
Gets Weekends Off
 
The Chow's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 1st year pay for the 3rd time
Posts: 1,430
Default

The gate agent with 8 non-revs and 40 open seats but won't assign them until after everyone has boarded. GMAFB!

Honestly, what is your malfunction?
The Chow is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 02:53 PM
  #1409  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,530
Default

Originally Posted by The Chow View Post
The gate agent with 8 non-revs and 40 open seats but won't assign them until after everyone has boarded. GMAFB!

Honestly, what is your malfunction?
Columbia is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 04:46 PM
  #1410  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 820
Default

Originally Posted by EmbraerFlyer View Post
Was deadheading the other day and a PA was made. "Ladies and gentlemen, we appologize for the turbulance we are experiencing. We will try to find a smooth ride." Why are we appologizing for an act of God. Then shortly after than another PA applogizing for the delay we are experciencing due to the holding pattern ATC has given. This was a flight going into EWR on a bad weather day. We appologize way too much.
were you on an AA 757???
Wingtips is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elvis90
Military
2
11-11-2010 10:25 AM
meloveboeing
Regional
5
10-02-2010 08:47 AM
kc135driver
United
119
08-24-2010 09:30 AM
exerauflyboy5
Flight Schools and Training
15
02-18-2009 09:29 PM
Busdriver
JetBlue
70
01-16-2006 11:32 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices