Notices

jetBlue Hiring

Old 04-04-2016, 10:47 AM
  #7621  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Posts: 19
Default

Thank you!
Eastisbeast is offline  
Old 04-04-2016, 01:57 PM
  #7622  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 363
Default

Originally Posted by seekingblue View Post
Judging by Robin's email, It sounds like most of our growth will be focused agressively on the west coast.
It only sounded that an eventual west coast growth would be organic.
The next aggressive growth is FLL140
BlueBlood is offline  
Old 04-04-2016, 02:08 PM
  #7623  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Beechnut58's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: 190 FO
Posts: 406
Default

Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
It only sounded that an eventual west coast growth would be organic.
The next aggressive growth is FLL140
"we are laying plans to accelerate our growth in the region to achieve the same result".

Maybe not tomorrow but it does sound like they want to pick it up in the West. Mark Powers did elude to this last month as well.
Beechnut58 is offline  
Old 04-04-2016, 07:58 PM
  #7624  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CaptCoolHand's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left
Posts: 3,150
Default

With the FLL140 and cuba... now we expand the west coast? we need to get more planes if we're going to expand. 10 here 10 there 6 more here... 26 planes in the next 36 months an expansion does not make.

Glad to see Robin is attacking this head on. eager to see the next step.
CaptCoolHand is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 05:29 AM
  #7625  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: 737 Left
Posts: 1,825
Default

Originally Posted by CaptCoolHand View Post
With the FLL140 and cuba... now we expand the west coast? we need to get more planes if we're going to expand. 10 here 10 there 6 more here... 26 planes in the next 36 months an expansion does not make.

Glad to see Robin is attacking this head on. eager to see the next step.
Smart, profitable, slow expansion is better than explosive expansion where you would have to mortgage the farm and pray that nothing goes wrong. It is much easier, and better for morale, to change plans to reflect a little more slow, smart growth than to have to change them by admitting you were wrong with some grandiose plan that didn't work out.
AtlCSIP is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 08:24 AM
  #7626  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: Who cares?
Posts: 178
Default

Originally Posted by AtlCSIP View Post
Smart, profitable, slow expansion is better than explosive expansion where you would have to mortgage the farm and pray that nothing goes wrong. It is much easier, and better for morale, to change plans to reflect a little more slow, smart growth than to have to change them by admitting you were wrong with some grandiose plan that didn't work out.
^^^ This is why pilots fly planes and usually don't run airlines.
iPilot6 is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 11:22 AM
  #7627  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2009
Posts: 609
Default

Random question...closing in on 2 yrs and I have a boatload of PTO...who do we call or get a hold of to sell some back?
avi8orco is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 11:25 AM
  #7628  
SDQ Base Chief
 
Flyby1206's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 320 CA
Posts: 5,621
Default

Originally Posted by avi8orco View Post
Random question...closing in on 2 yrs and I have a boatload of PTO...who do we call or get a hold of to sell some back?
[email protected]

"Hi, I'd like to sell back 9hrs of PTO in my next paycheck. Thanks"

For anyone else on here approaching 2yrs. Make sure you don't let your PTO build up to 216hrs (2yrs worth is the max you can bank) or else you'll lose any accrual above that point. They don't automatically pay you the PTO, you have to request it every month. I like to send the email to payroll after I get paid on the 8th each month so that it makes the 20th paycheck a little closer in size to the 8th.
Flyby1206 is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 11:59 AM
  #7629  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2009
Posts: 609
Default

Originally Posted by Flyby1206 View Post
[email protected]

"Hi, I'd like to sell back 9hrs of PTO in my next paycheck. Thanks"

For anyone else on here approaching 2yrs. Make sure you don't let your PTO build up to 216hrs (2yrs worth is the max you can bank) or else you'll lose any accrual above that point. They don't automatically pay you the PTO, you have to request it every month. I like to send the email to payroll after I get paid on the 8th each month so that it makes the 20th paycheck a little closer in size to the 8th.
Thnx

Good to know, Not quite there but maybe I would have been not knowing...thought it was 3yrs worth for some reason.

Got a SJU day at the Intercontinental...need some gambling funds
avi8orco is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 03:19 PM
  #7630  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 339
Default

Anyone care to speculate if our pay goes up in the CBA? If so, by what percentage? I know pay isn't the driver on the CBA....so that's why I am asking.
OVBIII is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Freight Dog
Hiring News
26
08-01-2016 01:48 PM
RiddleEagle18
Major
1
04-21-2011 07:13 AM
tone
Hiring News
139
05-16-2010 09:34 PM
tone
Hiring News
22
04-28-2010 05:20 AM
ryane946
Major
6
02-21-2007 04:17 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices