Notices
Other Regional Airlines

Silver Airways

Old 10-11-2013, 04:25 AM
  #4511  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jul 2012
Position: C-5, 737, C-152
Posts: 22
Default

Originally Posted by nancy33
Don't forget the big shoot down of a cle hub, and that is the most junior equipment.
Just before class go visit bfd
BFD is in the middle of no where, hence cle hub would really be preferable. Does Silver actually base you guys in places like this? If so I feel the pain and understand why you guys are jumping ship.
KAVU is offline  
Old 10-11-2013, 04:40 AM
  #4512  
Gets Weekends Off
 
nancy33's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2009
Posts: 332
Default

Originally Posted by KAVU
BFD is in the middle of no where, hence cle hub would really be preferable. Does Silver actually base you guys in places like this? If so I feel the pain and understand why you guys are jumping ship.
You Better believe it!
And they came out and said no hope of a cle hub but they are looking into a IAD and ATL hub.
Also JHW is trying to get cape air and get rid of us early and BFD is trying to cancel our contract as well. It is on google news for silver airways. So who knows what this place is going to do, looks like a pending implosion.
nancy33 is offline  
Old 10-11-2013, 05:09 AM
  #4513  
I'm a man of my word.
 
CaptainCarl's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Devil's Advocate
Posts: 2,883
Default

Borrowed this from the Great Lakes thread:

Originally Posted by 1900luxuryliner
Last I talked to a Laker buddy, they were "pre-cancelling" flights, due to lack of crews. This was about a week ago. I'm doubting it has changed within the last week...
Originally Posted by brianb
That makes absolutely no sense. Are they paying the CQFO Captains pay when he/she is flying the right seat?
Originally Posted by 1900luxuryliner
I guess they'd rather pay two people $31 per hour/ flight, rather than raising FO pay beyond $16 per hour, in order to attract new candidates.

This is a perfect example of why employees voting with their feet will, oftentimes, change nothing, if management is too inept to understand the message being sent.
Now I see why Management compares us to Great Lakes
CaptainCarl is offline  
Old 10-11-2013, 09:16 AM
  #4514  
Gets Weekends Off
 
EatMyPropwash's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Posts: 395
Default

so, uh... I talked to a couple buddies of mine who were in my B1900 class in April (really more like may), and their temporary certificate expired, and the gov't is shut down, and they're sittin' pretty at home... soooo, they can't fly obviously... Is this affecting operations on the 1900D at all?
EatMyPropwash is offline  
Old 10-11-2013, 10:41 AM
  #4515  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2009
Position: underemployed
Posts: 190
Default

Originally Posted by EatMyPropwash
so, uh... I talked to a couple buddies of mine who were in my B1900 class in April (really more like may), and their temporary certificate expired, and the gov't is shut down, and they're sittin' pretty at home... soooo, they can't fly obviously... Is this affecting operations on the 1900D at all?
If I am not mistaken, they can go to the person that initially issued the temp and get another one? I think?
Chrisw is offline  
Old 10-11-2013, 10:56 AM
  #4516  
Gets Weekends Off
 
USMCFLYR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'
Posts: 13,837
Default

Originally Posted by Chrisw
If I am not mistaken, they can go to the person that initially issued the temp and get another one? I think?
Depending on who issued the temp - are they even aviaible? If not governmental, under what authority are they able to just issue another temp certificate or disregard the FARs (for instance who can authorize the extention of some cert)? These are some of the types of issues that Perfnit was expounding on in his thread - how is the gov't shutdown affecting you.
USMCFLYR is offline  
Old 10-11-2013, 11:08 AM
  #4517  
Gets Weekends Off
 
twebb's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: CE-650
Posts: 397
Default

My new certificate was lost in the mail. You can go online to extend your temp for another 60 days. You can get as an email and print it out. I think it's all automated, because you get it right away.

Or disregard and tell them you can't fly.

https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/amsrvs/Logon.asp
twebb is offline  
Old 10-11-2013, 11:25 AM
  #4518  
ILL BEE DAT
 
Salukipilot4590's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: Rollin' Down tha 405
Posts: 2,555
Default

Originally Posted by twebb
My new certificate was lost in the mail. You can go online to extend your temp for another 60 days. You can get as an email and print it out. I think it's all automated, because you get it right away.

Or disregard and tell them you can't fly.

https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/amsrvs/Logon.asp
Yeah, maybe.

IF, and this is a big IF, they ever had your paperwork in OKC to begin with.

IF not, you're SOL and will be removed from payroll.

via EK
Salukipilot4590 is offline  
Old 10-11-2013, 12:06 PM
  #4519  
Gets Weekends Off
 
nancy33's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2009
Posts: 332
Default

Originally Posted by EatMyPropwash
so, uh... I talked to a couple buddies of mine who were in my B1900 class in April (really more like may), and their temporary certificate expired, and the gov't is shut down, and they're sittin' pretty at home... soooo, they can't fly obviously... Is this affecting operations on the 1900D at all?
Not since they can't hold lines
nancy33 is offline  
Old 10-11-2013, 07:09 PM
  #4520  
I'm a man of my word.
 
CaptainCarl's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Devil's Advocate
Posts: 2,883
Default

Originally Posted by Salukipilot4590
Yeah, maybe.

IF, and this is a big IF, they ever had your paperwork in OKC to begin with.

IF not, you're SOL and will be removed from payroll.

via EK
Whoa, whoa, whoa, hoooooold on, hoooooold on! You're telling me that if my fourth (yes, fourth) temporary certificate expires and the Gubberment is still shutdown, EK is going to remove me from payroll?! Yeah... right

Fat chance since it's a screw up on their end that has me leap-frogging my way from temporary to temporary.
CaptainCarl is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Frisky Pilot
Regional
20
01-01-2022 05:02 PM
SWAjet
Major
8
03-26-2008 05:00 AM
Frisky Pilot
Major
0
06-23-2005 02:46 PM
SWAjet
Major
0
05-19-2005 05:48 PM
RockBottom
Major
0
03-07-2005 11:04 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices