Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Hageland Aviation-Ravn Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 10:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

This sounds a lot like a game of telephone to me.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:32 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2017

I was told there is one in January, but is currently full and the next one isn't until April. I'm waiting for a phone call in March.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

What’s up guys!. Since most of the people work or have worked in Alaska, I guess there’s not better place to ask about operators/Jobs up there.

It seems that Hageland won’t look at me anymore after getting a class somewhere else back when I had 500h. I think I applied some 27 to Grant Aviation and no luck either. Same with Ryan and Bering.

I have 800h right now, and some 900-950h by the end of January, which when I leave my job here in PR. That number includes around 500 multi, 155 night, 800 PIC and 650h XC aprox.

I’m open to any advice/positive criticism and any idea for my next step. So feel free to share it here or PM me if you prefer so.

Thanks and safe flights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-24-2017, 12:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by Javichu View Post
What’s up guys!. Since most of the people work or have worked in Alaska, I guess there’s not better place to ask about operators/Jobs up there.

It seems that Hageland won’t look at me anymore after getting a class somewhere else back when I had 500h. I think I applied some 27 to Grant Aviation and no luck either. Same with Ryan and Bering.

I have 800h right now, and some 900-950h by the end of January, which when I leave my job here in PR. That number includes around 500 multi, 155 night, 800 PIC and 650h XC aprox.

I’m open to any advice/positive criticism and any idea for my next step. So feel free to share it here or PM me if you prefer so.

Thanks and safe flights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Buy a ticket up and knock on the doors of some of the operators (especially the smaller ones), sounds like you have the vfr mins. If you know someone up here ask them to take a resume in for you.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by DenainaPilot View Post
Buy a ticket up and knock on the doors of some of the operators (especially the smaller ones), sounds like you have the vfr mins. If you know someone up here ask them to take a resume in for you.

Thanks for the advice I always thought that was the way to do things up there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-26-2017, 02:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2017

Originally Posted by Javichu View Post

Thanks and safe flights.
Sounds like you have good times for single engine VFR. Only problem you could be having is that others that apply have many more hours and experience.

It's tough, I know, but just keep trying. All it takes is one call to end your dry spell.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by MadmanX2 View Post
Sounds like you have good times for single engine VFR. Only problem you could be having is that others that apply have many more hours and experience.

It's tough, I know, but just keep trying. All it takes is one call to end your dry spell.

Thank you, I appreciate it And I always keep trying, as you said it only takes a call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-29-2017, 08:53 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2017
Default IFR rating required?

For those working at Hageland...is an IFR rating required to get hired if all I have is a wet commercial? I understand the progression as far as Caravan sic, then to 207 pic VFR, and would ultimately like to earn a Captain position in a Caravan. Wonding if I could get hired without it and once I get my foot in the door, work on the IFR rating on my own time? Or, hold on to my application until I get the rating?

Thank you in advance for any input!
Old 11-29-2017, 09:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: CRJ

I don't work for them but, I am 99.9% certain, without IFR rating you won't get hired since it restricts you to 50nm flights only. Might try skydiving, that seems like one of the gigs that are possible without IFR Rating.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:46 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by Tater023 View Post
For those working at Hageland...is an IFR rating required to get hired if all I have is a wet commercial? I understand the progression as far as Caravan sic, then to 207 pic VFR, and would ultimately like to earn a Captain position in a Caravan. Wonding if I could get hired without it and once I get my foot in the door, work on the IFR rating on my own time? Or, hold on to my application until I get the rating?

Thank you in advance for any input!
Depending on bases, we do a lot of IFR. As an SIC, you will fly in hard IMC and approaches to minimums. You definitely need your IFR rating.