Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 11:17 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by StainRJDriver View Post
They need to update their own info then lol. Per an Ops Memo, which I just verified in my inbox, domestic per diem was raised to $69/day effective 12/01/2021. Int’l still sits at $85/day as far as I’m aware, but things change a lot.
Good to know. I thought they had told me that in the interview but the paperwork I got said $64 and I wrote it off as mishearing.

My paperwork definitely says $64 but maybe it’s an old iteration that got sent over. Thank you!
Old 02-05-2022, 07:30 AM
On Reserve

Position: retired

Originally Posted by tpgcirrus View Post
Just going off my offer letter and info prior to start.

Starting pay 70,000 for SIC 96,000 for PIC. I have the full pay scale for all the different planes in the fleet if you want to DM me.

64/day per diem and some other benefits if you get home late or start early and extra legs in a day etc….
I’m new to the 135 side after 25 years with a major 121 airline. I’m reading the travel and expense policy report sent to me and it is a bit confusing. Do we pay for our airline travel, hotel rooms, and ground transportation with the company credit card then submit reimbursement claims or are those costs pre paid by the company?
Old 02-05-2022, 07:40 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Greyhawk79 View Post
I’m new to the 135 side after 25 years with a major 121 airline. I’m reading the travel and expense policy report sent to me and it is a bit confusing. Do we pay for our airline travel, hotel rooms, and ground transportation with the company credit card then submit reimbursement claims or are those costs pre paid by the company?
I also have a question about when the one year contractual commitment begins. I assume it is after training is finished rather than based on indoc start date.
Old 02-05-2022, 11:03 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2020

Most air travel is pre paid.. hotels ground transportation and other items are place on a company credit card that is monitored by concur software app.

Old 02-05-2022, 02:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Are the King Air 350s still a split between ProLine 21 and ProLine Fusion? Do you predominately fly one vs the other depending on your location (West or East Coast) or will you fly both cockpits on the same tour? Both are great regardless.
Old 02-05-2022, 04:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

[QUOTE=Greyhawk79;3366505]I’m new to the 135 side after 25 years with a major 121 airline. I’m reading the travel and expense policy report sent to me and it is a bit confusing. Do we pay for our airline travel, hotel rooms, and ground transportation with the company credit card then submit reimbursement claims or are those costs pre paid by the company?[/

Travel and hotels for your tours and training are paid for with your company card. All must be reconciled in our expense software, Concur.
Old 02-05-2022, 04:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
Are the King Air 350s still a split between ProLine 21 and ProLine Fusion? Do you predominately fly one vs the other depending on your location (West or East Coast) or will you fly both cockpits on the same tour? Both are great regardless.
once you are qualified on both you will be assigned to whichever one they need you on. Typically once assigned to a tail number, you spend all tour with that tail. But they occasionally move you to a different tail in the case of maintenance/duty time issues.
Old 02-06-2022, 05:54 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by goingplaces View Post
Most air travel is pre paid.. hotels ground transportation and other items are place on a company credit card that is monitored by concur software app.
I guess my question is, do we pay the hotel credit card charges out of pocket at the end of the billing period, then get reimbursed later after submitting an expense report? Or is it paid by the company using the concur app automatically? I like to handle the monetary transactions as little as possible.
Old 02-06-2022, 06:07 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Default Starting next month. DEC King Air

I have been hired as a DEC starting in the 3/7 class. I think. Once they have all my paperwork I assume I’ll have an exact date. I am leaving 22 years in a 121 regional. The schedules. The culture. The constant short staffing has finally gotten to me. I have read through about every page and some questions have been answered. But here’s a few more. How is the training? What can I start to study now to be better prepared? I am coming from the CRJ 900. What’s the impressions of others coming here from an airline?
Thanks everyone in advance. Really appreciate and tips or advice so I can be as prepared as possible.
Old 02-06-2022, 08:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

I guess my question is, do we pay the hotel credit card charges out of pocket at the end of the billing period, then get reimbursed later after submitting an expense report? Or is it paid by the company using the concur app automatically? I like to handle the monetary transactions as little as possible.
On the Gama certificate, all hotels and airlines are booked by the company using your assigned corporate card. After the tour, each pilot is responsible for reconciling and submitting the charges with the appropriate receipts.
AME visits and the occasional reimbursable crew meal are the only things you may have to pay out of pocket and get reimbursed.