Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 12:04 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2022
Position: retired

Originally Posted by AirBear View Post
I flew the BeechJunk at NetJets for several years and always used a 26" LW bag. Luggage space is tight but there weren't that many times we had to throw bags in the Lav and put the cargo net up.
So the 26" LW will fit in the baggage compartment of the Be400? Wow, that would be great to be able to use that size bag again.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

Originally Posted by Greyhawk79 View Post
So the 26" LW will fit in the baggage compartment of the Be400? Wow, that would be great to be able to use that size bag again.
Yes, I used the 26" LW bag in the Citation Ultra/Encore, Hawker 400XP (aka Beechjet) and then the Phenom 300. The BE400 is limited on space but it's not that bad. A few times we had pax who brought everything but the kitchen sink and then got mad when we wouldn't put it in the aisle unrestrained. That's what FedEx is for.

After you fill the baggage space you still have the Lav area assuming your flight is short enough to do without that. Just toss the bags in there and put up the cargo net. Also, empty seats can hold excess bags since you can belt them in.

I don't know how these BE400's are setup for W&B but our Hawker 400XP's could only hold one lightweight pax when the fuel tanks were full. So you don't get long flights with a big load of pax and bags, it just can't hold the fuel to do that.

The other issue with the jet is performance. In Aspen in the summer you can't even put on a standard hot spare fuel load of around 3000lbs. If you do you can't make the single engine climb gradient if the temp is over the high 70's. With pax trips they had to put on a min fuel load and then make a short flight to refuel.

And if you so much as look at this jet the wrong way it'll break.
Old 02-02-2022, 03:40 AM
Line Holder

What do most of you guys do for headsets? I have read they have A20s in the plane - do you use those or most have their own? Current company is having me return mine so need to order some if that’s the norm there.

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2022, 11:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by tpgcirrus View Post
What do most of you guys do for headsets? I have read they have A20s in the plane - do you use those or most have their own? Current company is having me return mine so need to order some if that’s the norm there.

Thanks!
All of the aircraft have A20s, at least the Gama ones do. Most pilots use the ship sets. As long as their TSO’d you can use what you want. The company provides mic muffs.
Old 02-02-2022, 01:24 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2022
Position: A36
Default WU info

Hello, newly registered to the forum but a stalker for years. This thread has been helpful with information on WU. I've carried a Class II for years and I'm scheduled for the Class I, at which time I will drop my application.
It sounds like hiring time can be fairly rapid these days. Do all the "low time" guys/gals start in the KA350? Can I ask what the "real" starting pay is? I am pleasantly surprised to NOT hearing a lot of belly-aching about the company!
That's great news.
Thanks in advance.
Old 02-02-2022, 06:00 PM
Pathological Flyer

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by glidslop View Post
Hello, newly registered to the forum but a stalker for years. This thread has been helpful with information on WU. I've carried a Class II for years and I'm scheduled for the Class I, at which time I will drop my application.
It sounds like hiring time can be fairly rapid these days. Do all the "low time" guys/gals start in the KA350? Can I ask what the "real" starting pay is? I am pleasantly surprised to NOT hearing a lot of belly-aching about the company!
That's great news.
Thanks in advance.
Starting pay for an FO on the 350 is 70,000 with a couple of other things thrown in I'm sure someone on property will know about.
Old 02-03-2022, 03:23 AM
Line Holder

That's great news.
Thanks in advance.
Just going off my offer letter and info prior to start.

Starting pay 70,000 for SIC 96,000 for PIC. I have the full pay scale for all the different planes in the fleet if you want to DM me.

64/day per diem and some other benefits if you get home late or start early and extra legs in a day etc….
Old 02-03-2022, 04:57 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2022
Position: A36

Starting pay 70,000 for SIC 96,000 for PIC. I have the full pay scale for all the different planes in the fleet if you want to DM me.

64/day per diem and some other benefits if you get home late or start early and extra legs in a day etc….
Thank you for both your answers. I'm new to the "home based" idea. So they put you up in a hotel for 16/12 or 8/6? You don't get a crash pad because I assume you never know where you are going to be.

You guys are a lot of help. thanks!
Old 02-03-2022, 05:06 AM
Line Holder

Thank you for both your answers. I'm new to the "home based" idea. So they put you up in a hotel for 16/12 or 8/6? You don't get a crash pad because I assume you never know where you are going to be.

You guys are a lot of help. thanks!
They airline you out day one - hotel nights 1 - 7 and then airline you home day 8 likely after some flying first.
Old 02-03-2022, 10:39 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

They need to update their own info then lol. Per an Ops Memo, which I just verified in my inbox, domestic per diem was raised to $69/day effective 12/01/2021. Int’l still sits at $85/day as far as I’m aware, but things change a lot.