Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Part 135 Outlook

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 08:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Tradewind went through with the furloughs and layoffs as originally planned. Apparently they were just too uncertain about whether or not we would be eligible for federal money to postpone. Furlough letter states that the hope is to have everyone recalled by June 15.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:17 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Phenom Left Seat

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
Tradewind went through with the furloughs and layoffs as originally planned. Apparently they were just too uncertain about whether or not we would be eligible for federal money to postpone. Furlough letter states that the hope is to have everyone recalled by June 15.
That sucks. I’m not sure why they wouldn’t know if they were eligible. It’s really a question of how much you would get. Hopefully you guys will get back in the saddle ASAP!
Old 04-02-2020, 05:23 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2019

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/02/week...ss-claims.html

This is getting worse by the week. And will continue for at least 4 weeks. I see a significant portion of these jobs coming back but a lot won’t.

I was cautiously optimistic as of last week. I am no longer....again I hope I am 100% off and we see a quick V shaped recovery.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:21 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2020

Originally Posted by OnTheRun View Post
Today the WH predicts between 100K and 240K Americans are gonna die? So far 3700 have died. 700 yesterday and that is the most in one day. If 500 die a day until we reach 100K then that keeps us in lockdown a minimum of another 180 days. The numbers just go up from there. With that kind of prediction that now has been made public we could be in lockdown for 360 days or more. I wanna know besides grocery stores and hospitals what really is going to survive this? The aviation industry will just have to start over. Looks at the damage in 3 weeks. Yeah, places can adjust and I can see they are doing that but for that period of time if people are either afraid or have no reason to travel anywhere???!!!
The death rate is exponential. It won't stay at 500 a day, it will increase to multitudes of that as it worsens so a 180 day lockdown is not at all accurate.

However, if our leaders don't get serious about this in the next week or 2, then it may stretch out for 6 plus months...
Old 05-14-2020, 07:03 PM
Line Holder

Bump.

Any new updates?
Old 05-14-2020, 08:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by GoneMissed View Post
Bump.

Any new updates?
Update to reality. The major 135 operators are hanging in there. The smaller ones are fighting for survival, some in vain. The major airlines are about to furlough thousands. Those that left said major 135 carriers to go to said airlines are calling and asking for their old jobs back. Those that left in good standing are first on the list for re hire if and when any hiring were to happen.
Everyone else might as well buy a lottery ticket.
Sorry to sound negative but with all the B.S. head in the sand mentality being preached lately, a dose of reality is needed.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:26 PM
Line Holder

I think you and I are on the same page.

I was cautiously optimistic in late February. Was no longer beginning in April. This will be bad and get much worse before it gets better. I hope I am 100% wrong for all of our sakes
Old 05-14-2020, 10:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

One things for sure in the pt135 world get ready to be used and abused with bad contracts. It was already tough to have some sort of QOL but now that the company views you as lucky to be there I think it’s going to be tough for a while again.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:18 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by Purpleanga View Post
One things for sure in the pt135 world get ready to be used and abused with bad contracts. It was already tough to have some sort of QOL but now that the company views you as lucky to be there I think it’s going to be tough for a while again.
unfortunately I agree with this too 😢
Old 05-15-2020, 04:07 AM
"Yinzer an'at"

Joined APC: Jun 2012
Position: Sittin at the puter

Originally Posted by GoneMissed View Post
I think you and I are on the same page.

I was cautiously optimistic in late February. Was no longer beginning in April. This will be bad and get much worse before it gets better. I hope I am 100% wrong for all of our sakes
The US economy, and related GDP, are comprised of various parts but consumer spending is agreed to be approximately 2/3 of GDP. You can't take this much unemployment without drastically affecting GDP and the Markets. Wall Street and Main Street have been disconnected for some time. However the recent rise in the S&P and other indexes from the sharp drop of March will not last. There needs to be something other than government handouts to prop up the market.

When the market drops again, there will follow a shake out in the 135 world. That's where the upper .05% have their money. If you have an airplane on a managed /135 certificate and the market tanks badly, many will have to raise cash. I think the reason that there has not been a flood of aircraft on the market is because the Financial Markets are holding up well. However they are being held up by FED stimulus. When the real unemployment and loss of real GDP hits home the Markets will fall and the wealthy will be trying to raise cash.