Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

frmrbuffdrvr 04-30-2014 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by ClarenceOver (Post 1633632)
Is this only if you interview at the job fair or is the sim eval done away with all together? :eek:

Only at the job fair. They don't have a sim to bring to the open house and they want to be able to offer class dates.

BTW, we are also going to two indoc classes per month.

frmrbuffdrvr 04-30-2014 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by fratedog (Post 1633319)
.....And thats why I left the cockpit forever :cool:

That doesn't just pertain to flying. I've seen that on just about every job I have had.

frmrbuffdrvr 04-30-2014 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pilotandrew (Post 1633633)
$7,500 signing bonus?!

Originally Posted by own nav (Post 1633722)
I don't think the word "signing" was on the ad.

Here's my math, you get the 2000 as a type rated captain, and the 10 percent bonus at the end of your first year. Refer a friend, and get another bonus.

If there's anything else that helps you get to that 7500 figure, I'd be interested to know.

Yeah, I'm not sure how they get to $7500 either. But the flyer say "Employment Bonuses", not signing.

Hawaiiavi8er 05-01-2014 09:58 AM

I was just offered a class date. Beech 99 out of BUR. The way i was told it works is I will get 1000$ after my check ride and another 500$ after 6 months.

frmrbuffdrvr 05-01-2014 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Hawaiiavi8er (Post 1634332)
I was just offered a class date. Beech 99 out of BUR. The way i was told it works is I will get 1000$ after my check ride and another 500$ after 6 months.

I'm guessing you already have 135 experience?

DustyRoads 05-02-2014 05:19 AM

Can someone share the details of the training contract if there is one, and if it is enforced?

Hawaiiavi8er 05-02-2014 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 1634340)
I'm guessing you already have 135 experience?

Yes i Do. I previously flew Vans.

own nav 05-02-2014 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by DustyRoads (Post 1634777)
Can someone share the details of the training contract if there is one, and if it is enforced?

Unless things have changed. One year contract to start, 6 month contract for the BE99 upgrade, and 1 year for each of the type rated planes starting the day you pass your checkride. The turbine training contracts have a dollar amount attached, and state that you are liable for that amount prorated for the amount of time left on the contract.

I'm sure most people will tell you "there's no way to enforce it." But at the very least I'm sure you'll get a "not eligible for rehire" on your PRIA which will show up for the next 5 years.

On the other hand, if you can put in two years, it's entirely possible you could have an ATP, type rating, 1000 turbine PIC, dual qualified in two turbine aircraft and a letter of recommendation from your ACP and or training captains. That shiny jet regional will still be there, and if it's looking like you're going to be in the right seat for 8 years, you'll be in a better position to move on to something better. Just a thought.

Jetlife 05-03-2014 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by own nav (Post 1635056)
Unless things have changed. One year contract to start, 6 month contract for the BE99 upgrade, and 1 year for each of the type rated planes starting the day you pass your checkride. The turbine training contracts have a dollar amount attached, and state that you are liable for that amount prorated for the amount of time left on the contract.

I'm sure most people will tell you "there's no way to enforce it." But at the very least I'm sure you'll get a "not eligible for rehire" on your PRIA which will show up for the next 5 years.

On the other hand, if you can put in two years, it's entirely possible you could have an ATP, type rating, 1000 turbine PIC, dual qualified in two turbine aircraft and a letter of recommendation from your ACP and or training captains. That shiny jet regional will still be there, and if it's looking like you're going to be in the right seat for 8 years, you'll be in a better position to move on to something better. Just a thought.

Or you can go strait to the regionals and be 2 years higher in seniority...

ClarenceOver 05-03-2014 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by own nav (Post 1635056)

It is a year for all airframes now. Not eligible for rehire at ameriflight or anywhere? Because if its at ameriflight then so what.