Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 02:18 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by TransMach View Post
Frmrbuffdrvr and USMCFlyr,

You guys are engaged in a battle or witts with an unarmed opponent.

TransMach
Thanks for the help.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:24 PM
Line Holder

Default Don't go there

Originally Posted by tbmpilot View Post
One think I know is that if I see kimba's resume come across my hiring desk the poor writing and spelling will be painfully obvious #roundfile #nowhinersallowed
Thanks for the point.
That's exactelly what i've been trying to say, so far.
Life at AMF will be miserable, no question asked and if you dare to speak up....
that's what's gonna happen, either you are fire or they make sure you are not hired anywhere else.
Let's not forget that recruiters know each other and if you are not in line with AMF, chance are that you won't get your next job.
No they won't write anything on your PRIA, they'll just call each other.

The best things to do is not have anything to do with AMF in first place!
If you have logged 1200hrs to go AMF keep doing whatever you are doing and log 1500 and than go for a reagional.

I promise I'll work on my spelling but it won't be to send you my resume.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2012

Anyone know the possibility of doing a base transfer. I.E OMA- SLC while staying in current equipment? New hires are going into into SLC, so I couldn't imagine it would be a issue to "trade" me into SLC, while a new hire into OMA.

Thoughts?
Old 05-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013

Originally Posted by tbmpilot View Post
One think I know is that if I see kimba's resume come across my hiring desk the poor writing and spelling will be painfully obvious #roundfile #nowhinersallowed
Oh! Thanks for playing. To the Back of the line.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Beech90 View Post
Anyone know the possibility of doing a base transfer. I.E OMA- SLC while staying in current equipment? New hires are going into into SLC, so I couldn't imagine it would be a issue to "trade" me into SLC, while a new hire into OMA.

Thoughts?
I know inter-base if possible. There is a pilot in OMA that started in Texas.

If there is an opening in SLC that they plan to put a new hire in, then I think it might just be a matter of making sure everyone involved (both ACPs, BL and SH) is aware of it. Though I can't make any guarantees about that.

Part of the question would probably be, why move if it is just lateral?
Old 05-18-2014, 06:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by kimba View Post
Thank you for the replay.
That gives me the chance to clarify two things:
1) if regulation and insurances require two pilots on board of an aircraft that can also be flown by a single pilot, that's got to be for a reason. Safer? More proficient? I don't think is a simple requirement.
And that leads me to the second point.
2) thank you for the little piece of history on the Strategic Air Command, but it looks like that this makes my point: two pilot is better than one (just to summarize).
You are obviously letting the bias of your viewpoint cloud what I was saying. The only case of two people (not necessarily pilots) in an aircraft that can be flown single pilot that I mentioned was aerial photography. And the second person there doesn't need to be a pilot because all he is doing is handling the camera. The other references involving regulation were for aircraft too complex to be handled by one pilot.

And my SAC comments were how important PIC time was before commanding an aircraft that not only had two pilots, but 2 - 4 other required crew members as well needed to accomplish the mission. So your "summary" of my remarks is totally OFF the mark.

Finally just to add another piece of information:
the future of the Military Aviation is not a two pilot crew but single pilot again (because of new advanced technologies that can reduce the load of a single pilot and a copilot may not be necessary anymore) look at the new genreation of fighter plane: F22, F35 and the European EFA- Thypoon.
All single pilot to be used in a swing role from A/A to A/G to EW.
First off, there are many more aircraft than just fighter/attack types and ALL of them (bomber, transport, tanker, AWACS, etc.) require two pilots, again because of the complexity of the aircraft, not just to make the basic flying safer. And for fighters, there are only a handful of types that HAVE been two crew (F-4, F-14, older FA-18s, a couple of F-15 variants, A-6.) And for the most part, the second crew member was normally a pilot. So I don't really see the change in the fighter ranks you are alluding to.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:20 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2012

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
I know inter-base if possible. There is a pilot in OMA that started in Texas.

If there is an opening in SLC that they plan to put a new hire in, then I think it might just be a matter of making sure everyone involved (both ACPs, BL and SH) is aware of it. Though I can't make any guarantees about that.

Part of the question would probably be, why move if it is just lateral?

I don't want to commit to another year contract. Mine expires in 4 months, and would like to keep my options open.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

You are obviously letting the bias of your viewpoint cloud what I was saying. The only case of two people (not necessarily pilots) in an aircraft that can be flown single pilot that I mentioned was aerial photography. And the second person there doesn't need to be a pilot because all he is doing is handling the camera. The other references involving regulation were for aircraft too complex to be handled by one pilot.

And my SAC comments were how important PIC time was before commanding an aircraft that not only had two pilots, but 2 - 4 other required crew members as well needed to accomplish the mission. So your "summary" of my remarks is totally OFF the mark.

First off, there are many more aircraft than just fighter/attack types and ALL of them (bomber, transport, tanker, AWACS, etc.) require two pilots, again because of the complexity of the aircraft, not just to make the basic flying safer. And for fighters, there are only a handful of types that HAVE been two crew (F-4, F-14, older FA-18s, a couple of F-15 variants, A-6.) And for the most part, the second crew member was normally a pilot. So I don't really see the change in the fighter ranks you are alluding to.
Did you mean normally [not] a pilot?

Of the **older** F/A-18s - only the USMC 'D' model has two aircrew - one pilot, one Weapons Systems Operator (WSO) - like the F-15Es.
Of the *newer* variants, the F/A-18Fs (replacing the F-14s) has a WSO too, instead of the F-14 RIO.

Now...back to AMF....
Old 05-18-2014, 06:51 PM
Line Holder

The way I see is that you keep on saying over and over again that a two pilot crew is "better" to handle more complex situation than a single pilot.
So, once again, why going to AMF?
I don't see the point today.

As far as you knowledge in fighter I'll let the Marine to replay to you.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Beech90 View Post
I don't want to commit to another year contract. Mine expires in 4 months, and would like to keep my options open.
What?
You don't like AMF?