Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 04:59 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2016

hello all, I am currently at atp building time. was interested in ameriflight because of their fast upgrade time and pic turbine. quality of life and pay descent for first year fo's ? I know what to expect for regional pay and first year gigs. I work a jumpseat desk at a major airline have a descent idea of the operation but would like some first hand info ..thanks
Old 04-11-2016, 05:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by jumpseatguru View Post
hello all, I am currently at atp building time. was interested in ameriflight because of their fast upgrade time and pic turbine. quality of life and pay descent for first year fo's ? I know what to expect for regional pay and first year gigs. I work a jumpseat desk at a major airline have a descent idea of the operation but would like some first hand info ..thanks
The big question is how much time do you currently have? We have two FO tracks that we can put people through; E120 FOs and "time builder" FOs. Both pay the same. The primary difference for the FO coming in is that we tend to use the E120 slots for slightly lower time pilots. The reason is we figure they will be in those positions a bit longer which is good for us since those FOs are actually required to operate the aircraft. The other FO positions we like folks with more time coming in so they spend minimal time in the position before we can move them to the left seat of something like a BE99. Think of it as we are paying you to get the rest of your flight time to reach part 135 minimums, so we don't want to do that any longer than absolutely necessary.

The downside to this for pilots looking to come here is we only have a limited number of E120 slots, since we only have 10 aircraft at present. For the other FO slots, since we can put the pilot in any of our other aircraft, we have more opportunities. But, as I said, we like to have folks that are closer to 135 mins coming in for those positions.

Both positions pay the same and the chart here on APC is accurate to our current pay scale.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:11 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
The big question is how much time do you currently have? We have two FO tracks that we can put people through; E120 FOs and "time builder" FOs. Both pay the same. The primary difference for the FO coming in is that we tend to use the E120 slots for slightly lower time pilots. The reason is we figure they will be in those positions a bit longer which is good for us since those FOs are actually required to operate the aircraft. The other FO positions we like folks with more time coming in so they spend minimal time in the position before we can move them to the left seat of something like a BE99. Think of it as we are paying you to get the rest of your flight time to reach part 135 minimums, so we don't want to do that any longer than absolutely necessary.

The downside to this for pilots looking to come here is we only have a limited number of E120 slots, since we only have 10 aircraft at present. For the other FO slots, since we can put the pilot in any of our other aircraft, we have more opportunities. But, as I said, we like to have folks that are closer to 135 mins coming in for those positions.

Both positions pay the same and the chart here on APC is accurate to our current pay scale.
I don't have the part 135 mins yet should have 300 tt by mid summer, the time builder program you discuss, what hours would I need to apply for that ? Thanks
Old 04-12-2016, 09:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by jumpseatguru View Post
I don't have the part 135 mins yet should have 300 tt by mid summer, the time builder program you discuss, what hours would I need to apply for that ? Thanks
Right now we are looking for 750TT with 300 dual given.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: Cessna 172 CFI

What are the opportunities like for Portland, OR or Seattle?

835 TT , 35 hours dual given
Old 04-13-2016, 06:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Flyinlynn View Post
What are the opportunities like for Portland, OR or Seattle?

835 TT , 35 hours dual given
I can't speak to specifics in either for the time builder side. The only runs I have flown in BFI were E120 runs. Which of course require FOs. But I don't know specifics on when those will be coming open again.

Any BFI or PDX folks?
Old 04-15-2016, 07:46 PM
Don't get weekends off

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Having a phone interview soon with AMF. If anyone has an updated gouge that will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Johnason
Old 04-16-2016, 12:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: Cessna 172 CFI

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
I can't speak to specifics in either for the time builder side. The only runs I have flown in BFI were E120 runs. Which of course require FOs. But I don't know specifics on when those will be coming open again.

Any BFI or PDX folks?
I just saw on the job list they show Seattle Embraer FO opening. I submitted an application but I have an application in from last fall and did a phone interview in Feb
Old 04-16-2016, 04:59 AM
Don't get weekends off

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Default Ameriflight

Originally Posted by Flyinlynn View Post
I just saw on the job list they show Seattle Embraer FO opening. I submitted an application but I have an application in from last fall and did a phone interview in Feb

Hi Flyinlynn,

I sent you a PM, can you take a look?

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2016, 08:46 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Anyone care to share information about AMF? I just applied for the EMB-120 Captain in OPF. If the position is open and that is the one applied for, do you get that base and position if hired? What are the schedules like out of OPF for the Bro? Any other info worth sharing, please do! Thanks.