Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 12:24 PM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Yea I was referencing the 2014 announcement of an agreement. Glad to see it is taken more seriously now.
Me, too!
It wasn't much at all before.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:42 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Gentleman,
Thanks for the detailed replies. I will be retiring from the US Army in 14 months and looking for a new challenge after flying helicopters for the last 19 years. Most of my fellow army aviators are going to the various Rotorcraft Transition Programs offered by several airlines. For me personally, quality of life factors are more important than shiny jets. I have a ranch in central Texas so a job that would not require me to move is high on the list of what I'm looking for. Also, a job that offers a challenge and sense of accomplishment is also high on that list. I have just begun my ASEL add on to my rotorcraft inst/comm. ticket so I hope to finalize a clear path for after retirement in the coming months. Have a great day.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:11 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Hi!

The agreement with Allegiant ensures pilots entering the program a first officer position with Allegiant upon completion of outlined experience and training requirements (see below).

Once you become an Ameriflight pilot, you may choose to enter the Allegiant program. Allegiant will then actively mentor you. You will be encouraged to participate in Allegiant-sponsored functions such as meet-and-greets with the regional chief pilots, ground school sessions, simulator observations, mentoring opportunities and jumpseating.

The agreement is open to all Ameriflight pilots regardless of seniority, equipment, seat position, or current position within the company. Both new pilots and pilots who currently fly for Ameriflight are eligible and encouraged to participate in the program.

Meets the following requirements:
  • 2,500 hours total hours minimum broken down as follows:1,500 hours to ATP
    § 1,500 hours to ATP
    § A type-rated pilot for Ameriflight with an additional 1,000 hours as PIC for Ameriflight
    § In addition, the Pilot must complete a minimum of 24 months flying the line as a pilot for Ameriflight (i.e. 24 months after completion of OE). This requirement may be waived on a case-by-case basis upon mutual agreement between the Ameriflight Chief Pilot and the Allegiant Chief Pilot (or their designees).
    1) Recommended for the training slot at Allegiant by either the Chief Pilot or Director of Training at Ameriflight.
    2) Has not been the subject of disciplinary action by Ameriflight for any reason during their employment with Ameriflight.
    3) Has no failed check rides within the previous 18 months.
    4) Will be required to complete a pilot application, employment records review pursuant to PRIA, and a pre-employment drug screening as required for employment at Allegiant.
    5) Satisfactorily completes an instrument proficiency validation and a final entry interview administered by Allegiant within 90 days of the anticipated class date.
Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions!

Am I missing something or is true that to get on with Allegiant through this Ameriflight program you'd need 2500 hours tt? What benefit does a pilot have to do this when every other regional will hire at 1500?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2017, 11:05 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by milldog60 View Post
Am I missing something or is true that to get on with Allegiant through this Ameriflight program you'd need 2500 hours tt? What benefit does a pilot have to do this when every other regional will hire at 1500?

I'll give you a hint. Allegiant is a major, not a regional airline.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:48 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by dera View Post
I'll give you a hint. Allegiant is a major, not a regional airline.

Lol my bad!!!

Old 08-25-2017, 07:27 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Lol.

If you’re asking I’d there is an advantage to going to AMF and doing this program versus going to a regional and just applying to Allegiant, then no there isn’t an advantage really.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:43 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2017

All,

Some general questions for you. Looks like I might get a class for an accelerated captain position at AMF. I'm told I'll be a FO on a B99 until I get the min hours (I'm only short the mins by small amount but over on ME time). Location could be anywhere. My research indicates most likely for FO time would be OMA, PDX, PHX, or SLC. Have I got that right? More gouge on locations for FO time?

After I get the min hours for Captain I can bid on any base with B99s. Gouge on those bases if different from ones for FO training? I live near Dallas so am hoping to get that one of course.

Finally am new to 135 ops. Given the potentially very short times you could be based somewhere, where do pilots live when off duty at home base? Also do most locations have housing facilities when laying over not at home base? Just for my planing purposes. All help appreciated!!
Old 08-29-2017, 10:33 AM
Ameriflight

Originally Posted by Test Echo 45 View Post
Gentleman,
Thanks for the detailed replies. I will be retiring from the US Army in 14 months and looking for a new challenge after flying helicopters for the last 19 years. Most of my fellow army aviators are going to the various Rotorcraft Transition Programs offered by several airlines. For me personally, quality of life factors are more important than shiny jets. I have a ranch in central Texas so a job that would not require me to move is high on the list of what I'm looking for. Also, a job that offers a challenge and sense of accomplishment is also high on that list. I have just begun my ASEL add on to my rotorcraft inst/comm. ticket so I hope to finalize a clear path for after retirement in the coming months. Have a great day.
Awesome to hear!
We have two bases in Texas, so a lot of opportunities in your neck of the woods.
Let us know if you have any questions about working for Ameriflight. We'd be happy to answer them!
Old 08-29-2017, 10:42 AM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

I'm about a month away from ACP minimums. How actively are you hiring ACPs at the moment, and are the published mins (800TT etc) "competitive" for that position?
Old 08-29-2017, 01:04 PM
Ameriflight

Originally Posted by FrankAir1 View Post
All,

Some general questions for you. Looks like I might get a class for an accelerated captain position at AMF. I'm told I'll be a FO on a B99 until I get the min hours (I'm only short the mins by small amount but over on ME time). Location could be anywhere. My research indicates most likely for FO time would be OMA, PDX, PHX, or SLC. Have I got that right? More gouge on locations for FO time?

After I get the min hours for Captain I can bid on any base with B99s. Gouge on those bases if different from ones for FO training? I live near Dallas so am hoping to get that one of course.

Finally am new to 135 ops. Given the potentially very short times you could be based somewhere, where do pilots live when off duty at home base? Also do most locations have housing facilities when laying over not at home base? Just for my planing purposes. All help appreciated!!
Hi, there!

Awesome to hear!
So for the first part while you are an ACP FO, you won't have a base (for paperwork reasons your base is our headquarters DFW) and will fly wherever we need you in the system. Typically, the Flight department tries to plan it to where you get what you need to become a Captain with us as fast as possible. For example, if you are in need of night time, we'd have you fly some routes in CVG because it gets darker earlier and you'd get those night hours. If you are just needing the TT, we'd have you fly some high timed routes to get your hours asap. etc. etc. etc.
To sum that up, you don't technically have a base and you fly anywhere we need you, BUT we pay for your travel, housing, per diem, and your normal pay.
As for where we will send you to fly: anywhere in our system where there are 99s. There are a lot of 99 hours to be had in SLC, ABQ, PDX, PHX, and DFW.

After your FO time is up and you become a restricted Captain (at 1,000TT), you select a base. That base becomes your home. We stop paying for your travel, housing, and per diem because you will drive from your house to the airport, fly your route, and drive home. (Should we ask you to do any TDYing, your travel, housing, and per diem will be paid for.) From restricted Captain to unrestricted Captain there's not much of a change. You keep your base and are just able to fly at normal weather mins without mentoring.
Bases you'll likely get depend on our openings at the time. Of course, the more 99s we have at a base, the more likely you are to get that base (since there are so many options). We also have a bid every 90 days, so if you don't immediately get the base you want, you can bid the next time there's an opening.

Your last question. We provide housing when you are away from you home base for more than five hours (even if that's sitting at an outstation). When you are an ACP FO and don't have a base, we provide your housing. Any time you are TDY, we provide your housing. If you are sitting at an outstation (for more than five hours) or have to stay overnight somewhere, we provide your housing. Most of our bases have crew apartment; a hotel will be provided if not.

To sum it all up, while you are an FO, you do not have a base; once you become a restricted Captain, you get a base; once you become an unrestricted full blown normal regular Captain, you get to fly at normal weather mins without the mentoring.

My apologies for the length of this comment.
Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!