Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 01:10 PM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by dera View Post
I'm about a month away from ACP minimums. How actively are you hiring ACPs at the moment, and are the published mins (800TT etc) "competitive" for that position?
Hi, there!

We are not limitless on the ACP positions, but we are hiring quite a few. For our September training class, we are able to hire five. For our October training class, we will be hiring four.
Yes, those mins are pretty spot on to what we are hiring at.
However, the more TT, more steam gauge time, and more IFR time, the better.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions!
Old 08-29-2017, 04:51 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2017

FreightDogs,

That is great information! Much appreciated. Now I have a really good idea of what to expect. Hopefully I will get to meet you at some point soon.

Again, thanks!!

Frank
Old 08-29-2017, 07:04 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Hi, there!

We are not limitless on the ACP positions, but we are hiring quite a few. For our September training class, we are able to hire five. For our October training class, we will be hiring four.

Thanks for the reply! I hope you guys would have a class in January. I'm currently flying Part 135 VFR, and my contract ends mid-November so I would be applying around that time.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:16 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017

FreightDogs,

Thank you for taking the time to help people with their questions. I am just wondering, how difficult is it for a person to get hired as a BE1900 captain with 135 IFR PIC mins, previous Alaska BE1900 SIC experience and little PIC time? Are the chances pretty low? I am also wondering, what's a day in the life of a pilot? Do you help load and unload?

Again, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

pilotlyfe
Old 08-30-2017, 07:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by pilotlyfe View Post
FreightDogs,

Thank you for taking the time to help people with their questions. I am just wondering, how difficult is it for a person to get hired as a BE1900 captain with 135 IFR PIC mins, previous Alaska BE1900 SIC experience and little PIC time? Are the chances pretty low? I am also wondering, what's a day in the life of a pilot? Do you help load and unload?

Again, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

pilotlyfe
When you say you have 135 IFR mins, are you meaning right at (or very near) 1200 TT? If that is the case, you won't get hired directly into the BE1900, even with the SIC time. Usually for a direct hire we are looking for closer to 1800-2000 hours total time. Right at 135 mins you would be looking at starting in a BE99. You would have the opportunity to bid into the 1900 after you get to around 1600 hours. (It is lower for a transition than a direct hire because you would already know our systems and we would have a better idea about your skills and work ethic.)
Old 08-30-2017, 11:04 AM
New Hire

Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Hi, there!

FreightDogs, thank you for all your help in this thread. I have submitted an application after learning from you about the current hiring.

This may have been answered already in the previous 300 pages, but is there anything in particular(regs/procedures) I should be reviewing before starting the interview process?

Definitely appreciate any and all guidance here.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Westfalia View Post
FreightDogs, thank you for all your help in this thread. I have submitted an application after learning from you about the current hiring.

This may have been answered already in the previous 300 pages, but is there anything in particular(regs/procedures) I should be reviewing before starting the interview process?

Definitely appreciate any and all guidance here.
Be sure you are instrument current, preferable with analog gauges. Do a review of FAR 135, though most of the applicable portions will also be covered in class. Other than that, just review basic aviation stuff such as weather, aerodynamics, etc.

We will cover company procedures in class and there really isn't any way to prep for those until you get here and get your GOM and other manuals.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:18 PM
New Hire

Position: 737 FO

Excellent, will do. Thank you.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:09 AM
Ameriflight

Originally Posted by FrankAir1 View Post
FreightDogs,

That is great information! Much appreciated. Now I have a really good idea of what to expect. Hopefully I will get to meet you at some point soon.

Again, thanks!!

Frank
Would be happy to meet you!
Looking forward to it.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:10 AM
Ameriflight

Originally Posted by dera View Post
Thanks for the reply! I hope you guys would have a class in January. I'm currently flying Part 135 VFR, and my contract ends mid-November so I would be applying around that time.
We'll be having a January class! Hoping to have you in it.
In the mean time, let us know if you have any questions about joining!