Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2017, 12:54 PM   #3871  
Standing in the breadline
 
BlueJacketGuy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2017
Position: Left seat
Posts: 10
Default

Why the requirement for an FO to have both 500 TT and 500 PIC? From what I know Part 135 doesn't have a PIC time requirement on props.
BlueJacketGuy is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 09:00 AM   #3872  
Gets Weekends Off
 
frmrbuffdrvr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJacketGuy View Post
Why the requirement for an FO to have both 500 TT and 500 PIC? From what I know Part 135 doesn't have a PIC time requirement on props.
You're right. I don't know. Was that in a post somewhere about available positions?

My guess it was a typo because to the best of my knowledge we have no PIC requirement for FO positions.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 09:14 AM   #3873  
Standing in the breadline
 
BlueJacketGuy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2017
Position: Left seat
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
You're right. I don't know. Was that in a post somewhere about available positions?

My guess it was a typo because to the best of my knowledge we have no PIC requirement for FO positions.
It's on the main site where the hours mins are. It would make sense to me if there were PIC mins your needed when becoming a Captain, but I checked part 135 and the crewmember mins didn't specify PIC time, only TT to act as PIC.
BlueJacketGuy is offline  
Old 08-14-2017, 12:53 PM   #3874  
Ameriflight
 
FreightDogs's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJacketGuy View Post
It's on the main site where the hours mins are. It would make sense to me if there were PIC mins your needed when becoming a Captain, but I checked part 135 and the crewmember mins didn't specify PIC time, only TT to act as PIC.
Hi!

Unfortunately, the PIC time is not a typo.
Our min for PIC time for First Officers in the EMB120 is 500.
It's not an FAA requirement, but a company requirement.
At times, it can be negotiable if your other times are pretty high, but for the most part, 500 is needed.
That usually means, you'll come in with 525+TT if you have the 500 PIC (since not all your time through training is PIC).

Feel free to ask more questions!
FreightDogs is offline  
Old 08-14-2017, 03:58 PM   #3875  
Gets Weekends Off
 
frmrbuffdrvr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Hi!

Unfortunately, the PIC time is not a typo.
Our min for PIC time for First Officers in the EMB120 is 500.
It's not an FAA requirement, but a company requirement.
At times, it can be negotiable if your other times are pretty high, but for the most part, 500 is needed.
That usually means, you'll come in with 525+TT if you have the 500 PIC (since not all your time through training is PIC).

Feel free to ask more questions!
Ok. So it is for the E120 but not the ACP? Or is it for both?
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Old 08-14-2017, 04:29 PM   #3876  
Gets Weekends Off
 
aeroengineer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2016
Posts: 158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Hi!

Unfortunately, the PIC time is not a typo.
Our min for PIC time for First Officers in the EMB120 is 500.
It's not an FAA requirement, but a company requirement.
At times, it can be negotiable if your other times are pretty high, but for the most part, 500 is needed.
That usually means, you'll come in with 525+TT if you have the 500 PIC (since not all your time through training is PIC).

Feel free to ask more questions!
Typically how many months will you have fly right seat to get the 700 or so additional hours to meet the 1200 hour part 135 mins needed to move to the left seat? Thanks
aeroengineer is offline  
Old 08-14-2017, 06:51 PM   #3877  
Gets Weekends Off
 
own nav's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop
Posts: 482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroengineer View Post
Typically how many months will you have fly right seat to get the 700 or so additional hours to meet the 1200 hour part 135 mins needed to move to the left seat? Thanks
At 40 to 50 hours a month, a little over a year.
own nav is offline  
Old 08-15-2017, 02:48 AM   #3878  
Line Holder
 
calico's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2016
Posts: 44
Default

Are you guys hiring FOs? There were no positions listed on the website.
calico is offline  
Old 08-15-2017, 05:15 AM   #3879  
Ameriflight
 
FreightDogs's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
Ok. So it is for the E120 but not the ACP? Or is it for both?
It's both.
The ACP mins are more on everything except where they are the same - ME, PIC, and Instrument.
FreightDogs is offline  
Old 08-15-2017, 05:19 AM   #3880  
Ameriflight
 
FreightDogs's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroengineer View Post
Typically how many months will you have fly right seat to get the 700 or so additional hours to meet the 1200 hour part 135 mins needed to move to the left seat? Thanks
Yep, own nav is correct.
For the regular EMB120 First Officers, the time is right around a year.
For the ACP First Officers, the time is around three months.
FreightDogs is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ameriflight - Upgrade to t-prop? waflyboy Cargo 3 05-10-2020 02:48 PM
Ameriflight Travel Benefits question. Mrsmith42e Cargo 17 05-30-2010 07:12 PM
Ameriflight OAK runs? chazbird Part 135 10 07-01-2007 03:47 PM
Ameriflight Questions beech_nut Cargo 0 01-28-2006 11:55 AM
Ameriflight added to APC Freight Dog Cargo 0 11-17-2005 09:27 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:59 PM.