Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 03-29-2016, 05:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by DreFlyer View Post
That seems to be a good program for me since I'll more than likely have at least 1000 TT by the time I'm done with my current employment obligation and ready to move on to AMF. Do you know by any chance which bases are being used for this program? Also hoping they'll have some short-term housing arrangements there since pilots probably will not be staying there for more than a couple of months while they get up to CA minimum times, right?
Base assignment depends on what aircraft you do your FO time in.

I'm not aware of any housing arrangements that AMF is doing. Most of the folks so far have come in and done their FO flying at the base they will eventually be assigned to as a captain. The ones I have dealt with already were living at their assigned bases. The only exception is a guy currently in training as a metro FO who lives in DFW but may need to do his flying (at least initially) in BUR because, while we have 2 specified metro runs in DFW we currently have no captains to fly them. The captain for one is also in this same class but the FO will be out on the line a few weeks before the captain completes training.

After you reach 1200 hours you will train as a captain in a BE99 and then transition to captain in the aircraft you did your FO flying in after a couple hundred hours.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:06 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

There are high time Metro runs out of SUS, CVG, and SJU. It works out particularly well when they are international runs because our Korean friends can't fly on those in their FO program.

Otherwise, if there is a high time run in the base where you will be assigned, I've seen that too.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
There are high time Metro runs out of SUS, CVG, and SJU. It works out particularly well when they are international runs because our Korean friends can't fly on those in their FO program.

Otherwise, if there is a high time run in the base where you will be assigned, I've seen that too.
Koreans usually get the SUS runs since it is a high time run that stays domestic. SJU is easy to get into for an FO.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:51 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: semi-pro Gear Slinger
Default SAT Ameriflight opening

I am looking at applying for the metro opening at SAT. I meet all of the requirements and have a decent amount of metro time already. This will be my first 135 job if I'm hired, and I am looking for a little more info on this base as far as schedule, hours flown, any information I can get... Is the pay really what they say it is?

I've combed through this thread but there are far to many posts and I have not seen anything on this base..

Thanks in advanced
Old 04-03-2016, 08:21 AM
Pathological Flyer

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Hello, curious what the current hiring situation is for the ONT base. Thank you!
Old 04-03-2016, 11:56 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Last I heard, ONT could use 99 pilots
Old 04-03-2016, 03:27 PM
Pathological Flyer

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by Flyingthomas View Post
Last I heard, ONT could use 99 pilots
Thanks Tom. I saw a couple of listings for pilots at ONT just wasn't sure how up to date it was. I'll check it out..Best..
Old 04-04-2016, 11:15 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: BE-99 Captain

Hello all. I'm reporting to DFW on the 11th for Indoc for the Chieftan. Living in Phoenix; expecting my first base to be ABQ. Anyone else going to Indoc on the 11th? Also, any Amflighter's familiar with the runs out of ABQ?
Old 04-06-2016, 01:27 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by jmak View Post
Hello all. I'm reporting to DFW on the 11th for Indoc for the Chieftan. Living in Phoenix; expecting my first base to be ABQ. Anyone else going to Indoc on the 11th? Also, any Amflighter's familiar with the runs out of ABQ?
Hello jmak! PM me, I'm happy to provide some insight.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Mopar591 View Post
I am looking at applying for the metro opening at SAT. I meet all of the requirements and have a decent amount of metro time already. This will be my first 135 job if I'm hired, and I am looking for a little more info on this base as far as schedule, hours flown, any information I can get... Is the pay really what they say it is?

I've combed through this thread but there are far to many posts and I have not seen anything on this base..

Thanks in advanced
What did they tell you the pay was? The numbers posted here on APC are accurate from what I have seen.

PM me about SAT. I'm not sure which run they are advertising but I know the base well.