Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Javichu 09-02-2016 04:47 PM

WA

Originally Posted by LRSRanger (Post 2194257)
If you are willing to relocate to WA state I can get you a job at a scheduled commuter operation. 135 PIC time, and lots of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM sent!

Javi

Jetlife 09-02-2016 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Javichu (Post 2194256)
Could you name those opportunities please? :rolleyes: really interested as a low timer myself

Boutique air, Cape Air, TMC etc..,

Lots of survey, medivac and charter jobs out there. Not saying they will be great jobs though.

Javichu 09-02-2016 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2194324)

Lots of survey, medivac and charter jobs out there. Not saying they will be great jobs though.

I'm at 400h right now, most of the places won't look at me below 500h :mad:

Not looking for the job of my dreams, I understand the moment, my situation, my lack of experience, etc...so I just need an opportunity! :D

LRSRanger 09-02-2016 05:53 PM

VFR 135 mins require 500TT and a couple other requirements. Unfortunately this is regulatory and non-negotiable.

LRSRanger 09-02-2016 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2194324)

If you want to have fun flying a LOT and can eat ramen and not see friends or family much, that first 1000 hours can actually be a lot of fun. That being said, at this point I just wanna get paid enough to drink single malt and be home enough to attend my kids' functions.

Javichu 09-02-2016 06:44 PM

I've been thinking about flying those 100h, since 70% of the jobs I see require 500h at least. If a job is worth it, I'd do it

Gapilot 09-02-2016 06:57 PM

FO program

I wonder if the company is not moving people from the FO over to the BE 99 or the PA31 aircraft fast enough to keep people around? If they are keeping them at the FO longer then they need for the 135 IFR mins. Escially pay as a FO is really low compare to the airline industry when they starting to hit 50,000.

Also I wonder if airline are not getting picky about the pic time as long you have that 1500 even if half is being SIC in the plane.

I am still trying to figure if I want to take the chance of a lower pay then I have currently at my job and run the risk of adding more debt for another three years or so, since I have the flight training loan to pay off which is very high. If they were will to add that into the FO program just like they have for people who go thru the ATP program and get that COE and have their loan paid down. I know they don't do that but it could help to keep pilot there longer. Just a suggestion for you guys to pitch to your management team.

Jetlife 09-02-2016 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Gapilot (Post 2194394)
I wonder if the company is not moving people from the FO over to the BE 99 or the PA31 aircraft fast enough to keep people around? If they are keeping them at the FO longer then they need for the 135 IFR mins. Escially pay as a FO is really low compare to the airline industry when they starting to hit 50,000.

Also I wonder if airline are not getting picky about the pic time as long you have that 1500 even if half is being SIC in the plane.

I am still trying to figure if I want to take the chance of a lower pay then I have currently at my job and run the risk of adding more debt for another three years or so, since I have the flight training loan to pay off which is very high. If they were will to add that into the FO program just like they have for people who go thru the ATP program and get that COE and have their loan paid down. I know they don't do that but it could help to keep pilot there longer. Just a suggestion for you guys to pitch to your management team.

Regionals don't care how you got the ATP mins as long as you meet all the requirements.

Guys getting hired at AMF with 500 hours can be looking forward to being an FO potentially for over 2 years sitting in the right seat on some of these runs. Not every run at AMF gets 1000 hours a year. AMF has a real culture issue, always has, and it always will. The regional airline industry has literally scrambled and completely changed to accommodate the change in the industry. As have the likes of Seaport, SurfAir, Boutique, Cape etc. You're never going to make AMF good enough from an overall QOL both at work, and off work, to compete.

It is a fortunate opportunity at AMF that didn't exist a few years ago, but FOs will always be treated like half humans. You aren't required, you are a burden to the company both financial and sometimes operationally, and the idea would be to hire FOs that would be come captains, and that isn't happening universally.

LRSRanger 09-03-2016 09:46 AM

I remember the FO getting left on the ramp because they got an extra 150 lbs of cargo onboard. UPS knew they weren't required, and would boot FOs to get more boxes on. Some runs block 6 hours a day, some less than 2. Total toss up which one you are assigned to.

Higherclimb222 09-09-2016 07:53 AM

Does anyone know if Ameriflight is open to part time pilots. I would be willing to fly for them but I don't want to give up my full time job.