Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

sobo 04-06-2017 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2337609)
We are always hiring EMB FOs because we can't fly the planes without them. But you have to realize, we only have 10 E120 aircraft and there has been a lot of interest in those positions since the regionals can no longer hire folks at 500 hours TT. So it is very competitive.

Keep updating your times and touching base with recruiting.

9 E120. We blew an engine up on one in PHX and now it's a parts plane. We have 4 FO in the March class and 2 or 3 more in the April class.

Chances are, we will be stocked on E120 FO for a while.

PetRock 04-07-2017 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by PT6 Flyer (Post 2337538)
Pet Rock,

I see on the AMF webpage that they are now requiring 750 TT and 25 ME for VFR Navajo captains. It seems 500 PIC and 25 ME will still get you into an EMB 120 right seat.

https://w3.ameriflight.com/pilot-opportunities/

Do you have a link to a webpage which says they are not hiring VFR captains at this time?

In regard to not hiring VFR Captains, I meant not at 500TT, but thank you for letting me know.

StartUp161WanaB 04-07-2017 11:54 AM

Can someone correct me if I am misunderstanding this

If I get hired around 800TT they will put me in a SIC position to build my time up to 135IFR minimums
After successful completion of 135 checkride, I can hold a regular line depending on aircraft and location

Is there a training contract for this?

I also read about rotation schedule for captains, will the company pay for airline back and forth for me on the rotation?

PT6 Flyer 04-08-2017 10:43 PM

Are there any videos of the flows for the Navajo on YouTube? Please post the links if you have them.

FreightDogs 04-10-2017 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by StartUp161WanaB (Post 2338225)
Can someone correct me if I am misunderstanding this

If I get hired around 800TT they will put me in a SIC position to build my time up to 135IFR minimums
After successful completion of 135 checkride, I can hold a regular line depending on aircraft and location

Is there a training contract for this?

I also read about rotation schedule for captains, will the company pay for airline back and forth for me on the rotation?

Hi!

If you get hired into the Accelerated Captain Program, you'll come in at around 800 TT, 25 ME, 300 XC (defined as point to point), 50 night, 500 PIC, and 75 instrument.
You'll fly as an FO in a BE99 until you reach 1,000TT. You'll then upgrade to restricted Captain in a BE99 (at this point you'll hold a regular line in a specific base). Restricted = lower weather mins and additional mentoring. Once you reach 1,200TT, you'll become a regular unrestricted Captain.

There is not a training contract.

While you are an FO, you will essentially be TDYing/on a rotation schedule. Ameriflight will pay for hotel, airfare (on a hard ticket), and per diem ($35/day). Once you become a restricted or non-restricted Captain, you will hold a line. If at any point you TDY, Ameriflight will pay for hotel, airfare (on a hard ticket), and per diem ($35/day).

Hope that helps!

PetRock 04-10-2017 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2340072)
Hi!

If you get hired into the Accelerated Captain Program, you'll come in at around 800 TT, 25 ME, 300 XC (defined as point to point), 50 night, 500 PIC, and 75 instrument.
You'll fly as an FO in a BE99 until you reach 1,000TT. You'll then upgrade to restricted Captain in a BE99 (at this point you'll hold a regular line in a specific base). Restricted = lower weather mins and additional mentoring. Once you reach 1,200TT, you'll become a regular unrestricted Captain.

While you are an FO, you will essentially be TDYing/on a rotation schedule. Ameriflight will pay for hotel, airfare (on a hard ticket), and per diem ($35/day). Once you become a restricted or non-restricted Captain, you will hold a line. If at any point you TDY, Ameriflight will pay for hotel, airfare (on a hard ticket), and per diem ($35/day).

Hope that helps!

FO ACP program is asking for 50ME per the recruiting material/AMF job board. Is the ME time change an error or is the 50 ME ideal vs required?

Also will they be hiring any more regular EMB 120 FOs in the next month or two or is AMF moving towards the FO ACP program entirely?

Any info is appreciated.

sobo 04-10-2017 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by PetRock (Post 2340281)
FO ACP program is asking for 50ME per the recruiting material/AMF job board. Is the ME time change an error or is the 50 ME ideal vs required?

Also will they be hiring any more regular EMB 120 FOs in the next month or two or is AMF moving towards the FO ACP program entirely?

Any info is appreciated.

They will be hiring into both.

Ameriflight typically staffs the E120 at about 150% capacity. Right now we have 9 planes, 8 FO on the line, and 6 more in training. E120 hiring for the next few months will be limited.

FreightDogs 04-11-2017 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by PetRock (Post 2340281)

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks for pointing that out!
We actually lowered it from the 50 to 25 and just haven't updated all the job postings.

We're keeping our EMB-120 FOs, but at the moment we are at full capacity so the position isn't available on our careers site.
Since we only have 9 EMB-120s, it's more rare to find an open FO spot in those.

StartUp161WanaB 04-11-2017 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2340072)
Hi!

Hope that helps!

What is TDY, hard ticket?

I have about 130 multi (Seminole)but have not flown multi since 2008
Before I apply, I will def get current

So basically I will have to relocate until I get to unrestricted captain position?

PetRock 04-11-2017 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2340650)
Thanks for pointing that out!
We actually lowered it from the 50 to 25 and just haven't updated all the job postings.

We're keeping our EMB-120 FOs, but at the moment we are at full capacity so the position isn't available on our careers site.
Since we only have 9 EMB-120s, it's more rare to find an open FO spot in those.

So based on the last time I saw EMB 120 FO positions on the board (Oct) it will roughly be 6 more months until AMF will be hiring another "batch" of FOs?