Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Stirrin 04-18-2017 08:16 AM

Hi Freight Dogs,

I sent you a PM. It's great to finally get someone at AMF who answers questions.

PrettyFlyGuy 04-18-2017 09:27 AM

Is there something going on in the main office? Myself and 2 other guys have applied for captain positions and have yet to hear anything. But my friend with 700 hrs received a call the next day for a spot right seat in the 99 till he hits 135 mins. If they are so desperate for captains why not contact people who meet 135 minimums?

FreightDogs 04-18-2017 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Stirrin (Post 2345635)
Hi Freight Dogs,

I sent you a PM. It's great to finally get someone at AMF who answers questions.

Just messaged you back! :)

FreightDogs 04-18-2017 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by PrettyFlyGuy (Post 2345697)
Is there something going on in the main office? Myself and 2 other guys have applied for captain positions and have yet to hear anything. But my friend with 700 hrs received a call the next day for a spot right seat in the 99 till he hits 135 mins. If they are so desperate for captains why not contact people who meet 135 minimums?

Hi, there!

I'm sorry to hear about this!
Would you mind sending me your first and last name (and the first and last name of the 2 other guys)? I can look you all up in our system and determine your status/get someone to contact you. Feel free to PM the names.

Thank you!

PrettyFlyGuy 04-18-2017 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2345791)
Hi, there!

I'm sorry to hear about this!
Would you mind sending me your first and last name (and the first and last name of the 2 other guys)? I can look you all up in our system and determine your status/get someone to contact you. Feel free to PM the names.

Thank you!

Thanks I appreciate that but I was more curious at this point than anything. My buddies are in ground school with their new employers and I have a few offers already. I first applied the end of February and again in late March and was curious if i messed something up or if my qualifications were not enough but have received lots of phone calls since so was just curious if something else was going on. Thanks

FreightDogs 04-18-2017 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by PrettyFlyGuy (Post 2345837)
Thanks I appreciate that but I was more curious at this point than anything. My buddies are in ground school with their new employers and I have a few offers already. I first applied the end of February and again in late March and was curious if i messed something up or if my qualifications were not enough but have received lots of phone calls since so was just curious if something else was going on. Thanks

I see. I'm not aware of anything going on.
We had a minor change in staffing with one of our recruiters going to Frontier a few weeks ago. The recruiting department has tried not to let anyone slip through the cracks, but obviously there has been some sort of mess up. I would like to apologize! We normally get back to every applicant (even if they mess something up or don't meet our qualifications).

Av8tr1 04-18-2017 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2345854)
I see. I'm not aware of anything going on.
We had a minor change in staffing with one of our recruiters going to Frontier a few weeks ago. The recruiting department has tried not to let anyone slip through the cracks, but obviously there has been some sort of mess up. I would like to apologize! We normally get back to every applicant (even if they mess something up or don't meet our qualifications).

Would that be Zeke? Because I have fallen through the cracks 3 times and finally gave up. This after an apology from your chief pilot at a hiring event. All three said they wanted to hire me. Zeke was the last one I spoke with and gave me a verbal offer then left for vacation. I've heard nothing since.

I know you guys had a complete turn over of your HR dept recently but it doesn't sound like it was for the better. If Amflight wants to survive the pilot shortage you guys might want to get your act together.

sobo 04-19-2017 03:43 PM

Feel free to send me a private message if you want any information about Ameriflight.

I'm just finishing up my time with the company after almost a year of flying the line as a E120 first officer. If you have questions regarding that program, the quality of life, or other general questions - feel free to reach out.

Captain stuff, schedule stuff, etc - Best to ask elsewhere.

BravoPapa 04-19-2017 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by sobo (Post 2346779)
Feel free to send me a private message if you want any information about Ameriflight.

I'm just finishing up my time with the company after almost a year of flying the line as a E120 first officer. If you have questions regarding that program, the quality of life, or other general questions - feel free to reach out.

Captain stuff, schedule stuff, etc - Best to ask elsewhere.

Not trying to put you to work, but you could do a writeup of your experience in here and then if we had any more questions we could ask. ;)

BobSacamano 04-19-2017 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by BrianATL (Post 2346796)
Not trying to put you to work, but you could do a writeup of your experience in here and then if we had any more questions we could ask. ;)

I second this emotion.