Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

PetRock 01-15-2018 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Javichu (Post 2503446)
Hello guys, I'd like to know your opinion on this one.
Coming from a VFR part 135 operation, what would make more sense....being an emb120 FO or a b99 captain?.

I'm asking because I only have 100h of IFR, and at 900h TT I'm not sure what's better honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Accelerated Captain Program should be right up your alley... 800-900TT and they start you right seat in the A/C you will later fly and transition to CA at 1000TT and 100 in type.

Are those the only 2 options they are giving you?

Javichu 01-15-2018 01:16 PM

Ameriflight

Actually I was told a minute ago that the embraer jobs are taken, so only the B99 would be an option now. Oh well..

frmrbuffdrvr 01-15-2018 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Javichu (Post 2503446)
Hello guys, I'd like to know your opinion on this one.
Coming from a VFR part 135 operation, what would make more sense....being an emb120 FO or a b99 captain?.

I'm asking because I only have 100h of IFR, and at 900h TT I'm not sure what's better honestly.

If you are talking about coming to AMF, we probably wouldn't offer you an E120 FO spot with 900 hours. You would more likely be offered to come in through our ACP program where you would build time as a BE99 FO.

We usually prefer to have E120 FOs in the 5-700 hour range. Since the FO in the E120 is a required position we like to get more that 2-3 months use in the position before we turn around and put you into the left seat of a BE99.

Javichu 01-15-2018 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2503478)
If you are talking about coming to AMF, we probably wouldn't offer you an E120 FO spot with 900 hours. You would more likely be offered to come in through our ACP program where you would build time as a BE99 FO.

We usually prefer to have E120 FOs in the 5-700 hour range. Since the FO in the E120 is a required position we like to get more that 2-3 months use in the position before we turn around and put you into the left seat of a BE99.

I was offered already with my time but for contract issues I had to decline the offer couple of weeks ago. Then I fixed my issue, applied again, was considered by a recruiter but I was "declined" this time. Karma I guess haha.

VASBYT 01-15-2018 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Javichu (Post 2503512)
I was offered already with my time but for contract issues I had to decline the offer couple of weeks ago. Then I fixed my issue, applied again, was considered by a recruiter but I was "declined" this time. Karma I guess haha.

Don’t feel bad, I know several people who were passed up the second time they applied with AMF. If they make you an offer the first time, take it. They will not hire you if you try a second time around.

Javichu 01-15-2018 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by VASBYT (Post 2503691)
Don’t feel bad, I know several people who were passed up the second time they applied with AMF. If they make you an offer the first time, take it. They will not hire you if you try a second time around.

Director of recruiting emailed me this second time and he gave me his OK, told.me he would pass my info to the recruiter and then the recruiter told me nope. It's all good though, I'll keep searching out there. It's not a problem at all

dera 01-15-2018 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Javichu (Post 2503694)
Director of recruiting emailed me this second time and he gave me his OK, told.me he would pass my info to the recruiter and then the recruiter told me nope. It's all good though, I'll keep searching out there. It's not a problem at all

I'd love to hear the resident Ameriflyers comments about this, it seems like a douchebaguesque move...

Jetlife 01-15-2018 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by dera (Post 2503719)
I'd love to hear the resident Ameriflyers comments about this, it seems like a douchebaguesque move...

AMF has always been a company that bites the hand that feeds them. Always has, always will. They think beggars can be choosers.

rooinek 01-16-2018 05:15 AM

My understanding of Amflight ops is that you fly out in the morning, hang out all day, and then fly back in the evening. Which aircraft have this type of schedule? Could you do something like bring your bike (into road cycling)? Or take online classes? Have a second job?

MadmanX2 01-16-2018 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Javichu (Post 2503694)

Good attitude.

If they do not want you, you do not need them. Their loss.

Move on to greener pastures.