Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

DreFlyer 01-23-2018 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by tm602 (Post 2508004)
That's kind of what I was saying. ANyone who can survive cargo flying, especially in older planes, is worth listening to. bUt too many of the newer pilots coming up just roll their eyes because they think they already know it all.

Well, most of them have known nothing but glass cockpits . . . there are fewer and fewer mom & pop schools with older trainers around and everyone wanting to fly for a living seems to get directed to the "zero to hero in no time" mills these days. I personally enjoyed flying the AMF Chieftains all over New Mexico, but at the same time I would like to fly a state-of-the-art airplane before I die, even if I have to endure the airline zoo experience :D

Once the Cessna SkyCourier comes online though, you betcha I'll be flying one of them while enjoying the cargo feeder schedule & QoL 'til I can no longer hold a medical! :cool:

Jetlife 01-23-2018 08:31 AM

Yea AMF will get the Skycourrier in 35 years when they are thrown away by everyone else, just like all the rest of their fleet types.

Javichu 01-23-2018 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2509299)
Yea AMF will get the Skycourrier in 35 years when they are thrown away by everyone else, just like all the rest of their fleet types.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DreFlyer 01-23-2018 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2509299)

:D you think they're going to be around that long?

Jetlife 01-23-2018 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by DreFlyer (Post 2509320)
:D you think they're going to be around that long?

AMF or the Skycourrier? The answer to both is no though lol.

higherclimb 01-29-2018 10:44 AM

Does AMF have options for flying 3 to 4 days a week? I’m in PDX and that’s about all I fly with my current schedule.

ZippyNH 01-29-2018 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2509325)
AMF or the Skycourrier? The answer to both is no though lol.

You guys do realize that WIGGINS airways is a FedEx feeder, owned by Ameriflight....and FedEx is giving feeders the new planes to fly...just like the caravan?

Jetlife 01-29-2018 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by ZippyNH (Post 2514693)
You guys do realize that WIGGINS airways is a FedEx feeder, owned by Ameriflight....and FedEx is giving feeders the new planes to fly...just like the caravan?

Wow how generous of FedEx to just give away airplanes like that! FedEx leases aircraft to its feeder group it doesn’t give anything to anyone. Wiggins leases the Caravans from FDX. Leasing new airplanes is the only way AMF it’s self will see new airplanes, and AMF it’s self does very little FedEx flying.

own nav 01-29-2018 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2514715)
...AMF it’s self does very little FedEx flying.

Seems to me that was the whole point in buying Wiggins, to do most of the FedEx flying under that operation.

Jetlife 01-29-2018 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by own nav (Post 2514777)
Seems to me that was the whole point in buying Wiggins, to do most of the FedEx flying under that operation.

Totally, it was a play to do mode FedEx flying, still as a whole, FedEx is a small percentage of total flying for AMF.