Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

own nav 01-29-2018 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2514787)
Totally, it was a play to do mode FedEx flying, still as a whole, FedEx is a small percentage of total flying for AMF.

I don't know the exact number, but I'd guess the combination of AMF and Wiggins FedEx routes are somewhere around 20% of total flying. But yeah, only JAC, GPI, and BQN on the AMF side, maybe something else I overlooked.

fatman1683 01-30-2018 01:37 PM

Any chance of getting a DFW domicile out of training? I'm currently living in AMA and don't necessarily want to move the kids right now, but there are several flights a day AMA-DFW so I could hypothetically commute it.

Print744 01-30-2018 09:53 PM

New to APC, used to work for AMF over 20 years ago flying PA31, thinking about maybe buying one now. Truly the most fun flying I’ve ever had and the pinnacle of my flying prowess. (Keep that in mind, AMF fledglings. The pay sucks and pursuing big jets and stuff is fine, but try to savor the “real” flying that you’re doing now.) They used to have a really good POH for the PA31 but I didn’t keep it. Anyone have it in .pdf?

FreightDogs 01-31-2018 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by fatman1683 (Post 2515662)
Any chance of getting a DFW domicile out of training? I'm currently living in AMA and don't necessarily want to move the kids right now, but there are several flights a day AMA-DFW so I could hypothetically commute it.

Hi, there!

It's definitely possible to get DFW right out of training.
Here's a link to our current available positions at DFW: Careers At Ameriflight, LLC

DFW is pretty far from AMA. We have a Home-Based option, as well, depending on your flight hours.

Hope that helps! :)

FreightDogs 01-31-2018 09:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If you are wanting to become a pilot or are wanting to get additional licenses to further your flying career, but can't afford it, our new program might be for you!

We've teamed up with Epic Flight Academy to provide a debt-free and time-effective path to achieving your pilot dreams!

More details: http://www.epicflightacademy.com/epi...thway-program/
Attachment 3557

fatman1683 01-31-2018 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2516356)
Hi, there!

It's definitely possible to get DFW right out of training.
Here's a link to our current available positions at DFW: Careers At Ameriflight, LLC

DFW is pretty far from AMA. We have a Home-Based option, as well, depending on your flight hours.

Hope that helps! :)

I would be coming in at minimums, so a FO spot is more likely. What's the outlook like on E-120 FO spots? I don't see any openings currently, but what are the minimums to qualify for a right seat?

frmrbuffdrvr 01-31-2018 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by fatman1683 (Post 2516438)
I would be coming in at minimums, so a FO spot is more likely. What's the outlook like on E-120 FO spots? I don't see any openings currently, but what are the minimums to qualify for a right seat?

Right seat in the 120 generally starts at 5-600 hours TT. Currently we have no E120s at any Texas bases.

fatman1683 01-31-2018 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2516664)
Right seat in the 120 generally starts at 5-600 hours TT. Currently we have no E120s at any Texas bases.

Ok, what's the commuting policy like? I'm aiming for the airlines so right seat time in a crew aircraft would be more valuable to me than in a Beech, if the commute is manageable.

frmrbuffdrvr 02-01-2018 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by fatman1683 (Post 2516722)
Ok, what's the commuting policy like? I'm aiming for the airlines so right seat time in a crew aircraft would be more valuable to me than in a Beech, if the commute is manageable.

Most UPS runs operated Monday PM-Saturday AM. If you choose to commute, company policy is that you need to be at your assigned duty station no less than 4 hours prior to your schedule show time. If you don't make it, that is considered an unapproved absence.

100LL 02-01-2018 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2517486)
Most UPS runs operated Monday PM-Saturday AM. If you choose to commute, company policy is that you need to be at your assigned duty station no less than 4 hours prior to your schedule show time. If you don't make it, that is considered an unapproved absence.

You mean sitting at the airport? Just for commuters or is that policy for everyone being at their assigned airport 4 hours before show time? I don’t know a lot about 135 freight but from what I’ve heard from other pilots who do fly it (not at ameriflight) typically show up to the airport no sooner than 10 minutes before a truck shows up or 15 minutes after a jet lands with freight you carry out of a hub. No point in wasting your time/life waiting for UPS they say.