Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Frmrbufdrvr 03-27-2020 01:18 AM

Avoid Ameriflight

I know the industry is scary right now and alot of people just want to get hired anywhere, but seriously avoid this company. Whatever 91 gig you currently have (CFI, banner tow, skydive) can’t be bad enough to justify working here, wish someone had told me that then.

To start, in training I was the youngest guy and they assumed I intended on getting my atp mins and going to 121 world. Instructor consistently singled me out on day 1, finally saying he was sending me home because my medical expired in a month and “he didn’t see how I’d have time to get it with class going on.” HR then explained he couldn’t do that and I could continue. Instructors consistently claimed how tough training would be but how AMF training was the best available. Having gone through 121 indoc, it was no different. Death by PowerPoint and unmotivated instructors, some of whom were always on their phones. During systems written a classmate didn’t pass but they allowed a retest, before he took it training dept intervened and said it was going to be 7 question free response. He passed the material but they deducted points for for grammar/spelling so he failed. So training is a joke, but thats not even the worst.

I had a stellar training captain who I am still close with 2 years later, and the company provided housing in my base and my roommate and I got along great. We had no management or supervision in base which I thought was odd but I was told its how that base operates and I didn’t think twice. What I didn’t know then was how management was treating the other pilots in my base, causing them all to leave within months. If only I had known.

First month was mosty great! Flying was fun, pay was good, was mostly left alone to do my job.

My base pilot supervisor was leaving the next Month and took a week off and asked me to try his duties to learn so I could take over. Same week the chief pilot visited and ripped my world apart. Nothing I did was right by him, even though I was a month onto the line and alone in base. I mentioned I had sights on taking on supervisor position and I was quite literally laughed at in front of other pilots.

The next two months were followed by several petty and manipulative actions/words from my chief pilot. Within 4 months of starting, I did not trust my certificates or my career at ameriflight.

After leaving, I was hounded as to “where I was going” by this same person as if I would actually say at the time. I actually went and paid for my last several hours to meet ATP mins instead of staying another month.

Do Not Go Here.

StandardBrief 03-27-2020 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Frmrbufdrvr (Post 3013428)
I know the industry is scary right now and alot of people just want to get hired anywhere, but seriously avoid this company. Whatever 91 gig you currently have (CFI, banner tow, skydive) can’t be bad enough to justify working here, wish someone had told me that then.

To start, in training I was the youngest guy and they assumed I intended on getting my atp mins and going to 121 world. Instructor consistently singled me out on day 1, finally saying he was sending me home because my medical expired in a month and “he didn’t see how I’d have time to get it with class going on.” HR then explained he couldn’t do that and I could continue. Instructors consistently claimed how tough training would be but how AMF training was the best available. Having gone through 121 indoc, it was no different. Death by PowerPoint and unmotivated instructors, some of whom were always on their phones. During systems written a classmate didn’t pass but they allowed a retest, before he took it training dept intervened and said it was going to be 7 question free response. He passed the material but they deducted points for for grammar/spelling so he failed. So training is a joke, but thats not even the worst.

I had a stellar training captain who I am still close with 2 years later, and the company provided housing in my base and my roommate and I got along great. We had no management or supervision in base which I thought was odd but I was told its how that base operates and I didn’t think twice. What I didn’t know then was how management was treating the other pilots in my base, causing them all to leave within months. If only I had known.

First month was mosty great! Flying was fun, pay was good, was mostly left alone to do my job.

My base pilot supervisor was leaving the next Month and took a week off and asked me to try his duties to learn so I could take over. Same week the chief pilot visited and ripped my world apart. Nothing I did was right by him, even though I was a month onto the line and alone in base. I mentioned I had sights on taking on supervisor position and I was quite literally laughed at in front of other pilots.

The next two months were followed by several petty and manipulative actions/words from my chief pilot. Within 4 months of starting, I did not trust my certificates or my career at ameriflight.

After leaving, I was hounded as to “where I was going” by this same person as if I would actually say at the time. I actually went and paid for my last several hours to meet ATP mins instead of staying another month.

Do Not Go Here.

I have no skin in the game but I do find it extremely irritating that you created a screen name that was ONE letter different than frmrbuffdrvr, who has given tons of information on this thread for a long time, in order to make this post. This action alone leads me to believe that you are a complete piece of human garbage. You were probably a terrible pilot, which is why they were constantly looking for excuses to get rid of your conniving ass. I bet you were one of the people that completely screwed over your neighbors and bought 1 years worth of toilet paper and frozen pizza. As for the instructor singling you out, I would bet my stimulus check that you had a huge mouth that wouldn't stay shut, talking about your awesome skills as a CFI. I will admit that I read through your post and was thinking about how terrible Ameriflight might be. However, this stolen screen name makes me think you have a personal problem.

USMCFLYR 03-27-2020 05:20 AM

These are the types of posts where I wish we had the OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY.

Yeah...stealing someone else's screen name is a lowball attempt at diversion.

I am willing to bet that MOST discerning reader's of this forum will not give your post much credence considering the way in which you presented your side of the story.

I feel like the parent of a toddler who would listen to the story of how the milk got spilled and then have to cross my arms and look at that twisting, uncomfortable face for another minute before saying 'Are you sure there isn't more to that story?'

frmrbuffdrvr 03-27-2020 08:45 AM

By his description I have a pretty good idea who he is. It doesn't surprise me he would pull a cheap-shot like trying to spoof my ID. Given his attitude all through training, it didn't surprise me when he bailed after only a month. I did upset me when I saw his no notice resignation. Not because he was leaving but that we had invested in training him.

I'm also upset at him spoofing off my ID. Mostly because there is no way in HELL he would ever be able to fly the BUFF or make it in any of our armed forces. Just a little to self centered for that.

StandardBrief 03-27-2020 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 3013794)
By his description I have a pretty good idea who he is. It doesn't surprise me he would pull a cheap-shot like trying to spoof my ID. Given his attitude all through training, it didn't surprise me when he bailed after only a month. I did upset me when I saw his no notice resignation. Not because he was leaving but that we had invested in training him.

I'm also upset at him spoofing off my ID. Mostly because there is no way in HELL he would ever be able to fly the BUFF or make it in any of our armed forces. Just a little to self centered for that.

Your posts are always straightforward and informative. Keep it up, man. I know lots of people who worked for Ameriflight and seemed to enjoy their time.

Frmrbufdrvr 03-27-2020 02:51 PM

My post was unprofessional, especially using a spoof username and singling out a former boss online.

I apologize sincerely for making a lapse of judgement and airing out a personal vendetta in an online forum.

That being said, If you want to say I was a terrible pilot, go for it, I can’t prove that one way or the other on here.

If you Think I had a bad attitude or bragged about being a CFI, theres no way to prove I did or didn’t.

But please, have as much fun as you want pretending an ounce of what I said was untrue. Or that your response was anything other than attacking my character to bolster your image.

Lie - “he bailed after 1 month”

Fact - “I worked 4 months on the line and wanted to work another 4, at least through peak, which was known.”

Lie - “He quit with no notice”

Fact - “I gave 3 months notice of when I planned to leave at the earliest. I left when I was made the subject of a company wide email about my vacation time. The author didn’t spend more than 30 seconds writing it, evidenced by the time stamps of vacation award to email receipt, calling me by only my last name with no formal address (captain?) in a public email, and misspelling my name.”

Lie - “We were happy he left”

Fact - “HR called several times in weeks following my departure apologizing for how I was treated and asking what they could to for me to come back”

Frmrbufdrvr 03-27-2020 02:53 PM

My post was unprofessional, especially using a spoof username and singling out a former boss online, I’ll agree.

I apologize sincerely for making a lapse of judgement and airing out a personal vendetta in an online forum.

If you want to say I was a terrible pilot, go for it, I can’t prove that one way or the other on here.

If you Think I had a bad attitude or bragged about being a CFI, theres no way to prove I did or didn’t.

But please, have as much fun as you want pretending an ounce of what I said was untrue. Or that your response was anything other than attacking my character to bolster your image.

Fact - “I worked 4 months on the line and wanted to work another 4, at least through peak, which was known.”

Fact - “I gave 3 months notice of when I planned to leave at the earliest. I left when I was made the subject of a company wide email about my vacation time. The author didn’t spend more than 30 seconds writing it, evidenced by the time stamps of vacation award to email receipt, calling me by only my last name with no formal address (captain?) in a public email, and misspelling my name.”

Fact - “HR called several times in weeks following my departure apologizing for how I was treated and asking what they could to for me to come back”

Frmrbufdrvr 03-27-2020 03:00 PM

My post was unprofessional, especially using a spoof username and singling out a former boss online, I’ll agree.

If you want to say I was a terrible pilot, go for it, I can’t prove that one way or the other on here.

frmrbuffdrvr 03-29-2020 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Frmrbufdrvr (Post 3014226)

I have to admit, I took a couple of your statements and misidentified you. The comments I made about your departure, I will admit, were wrong. Sorry. Though I disagree with your generalizations of AMF and always will.

thepointsguy 03-30-2020 08:10 AM

Potential New guy.

frmrbuffdrvr I put my app into Ameriflight about 2 weeks ago and in wondering about the PHX base. Any thoughts on a good starting base? I have 1200hrs and I’m really looking to perfect my craft as a professional pilot.