Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

own nav 03-02-2020 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by ZippyNH (Post 2987849)
The program was changed so that only pilots of typed airplanes get it.... remember when the program STARTED, the piper twin was still a "entry level" plane, now the be-99 is. The intent of the change seems encourage pilots move up rather than move on from the be-99.

How much is P2P under this new change?

FreightDogs 03-03-2020 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by own nav (Post 2988184)
How much is P2P under this new change?

$10k/year
And can jump in at a pro-rated amount if you transition to type rated within the period.

frmrbuffdrvr 03-03-2020 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2988328)
$10k/year
And can jump in at a pro-rated amount if you transition to type rated within the period.

Which is the same amount it was before after the initial.

AnonymousAMF 03-03-2020 01:39 PM

6000 after taxes is what it is. Retention bonuses with stipulations are managements way of saying we don’t trust you and we are forcing you to be loyal. it is toxic. make the bonus part of salary instead and out do your competition and maybe you attract more pilots and it’s cheaper in the long run than constantly training new people and having to pay other companies to cover runs cause you cant hold on to your pilots. Companies with the carrot and not the stick so far better than others but management never sees that. Ibet AMF has spent more last year than the salary raise that would attract and keep pilots on tdy and chartered runs bcause they have no coverage. And more pilots means better quality of life which in turn attracts more pilots

Mellokeith 03-06-2020 08:10 AM

Commuting

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2821127)
AMF doesn't prohibit "commuting" via jumpseat, but it is discouraged. At the flight time level you describe, you would be assigned to an E120 base. Our E120 runs operate Monday PM to Saturday AM or Monday AM to Friday PM. Neither of these allows much time to jump seat home. And if you don't make it back for your duty assignment, you would be subject to disciplinary action. Unlike some passenger airlines, we don't have a policy where if you have a given number of backup options available and all of them get cancelled then you would be excused.

Sorry if that puts a damper on your plans.

The above is a reply to a question I had last summer about commuting as a 500 hour FO. It looks like I would have to spend a lot of time away from my wife and family to get to a Captain position. How often would I be able to go home if not on the weekends? We just purchased a beautiful new home two years ago and have no desire to move.

Next; Once I make Captain and start flying a BE99, how would that change my ability to live at home?

We are considering taking out a loan to cover costs and get me back up to speed with my IFR (IFR proficiency check 1994) at a much faster pace, but want to know that there will be some decent quality of life with my family in the foreseeable future.

MinRest 03-06-2020 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mellokeith (Post 2990658)
The above is a reply to a question I had last summer about commuting as a 500 hour FO. It looks like I would have to spend a lot of time away from my wife and family to get to a Captain position. How often would I be able to go home if not on the weekends? We just purchased a beautiful new home two years ago and have no desire to move.

Next; Once I make Captain and start flying a BE99, how would that change my ability to live at home?

We are considering taking out a loan to cover costs and get me back up to speed with my IFR (IFR proficiency check 1994) at a much faster pace, but want to know that there will be some decent quality of life with my family in the foreseeable future.

Do not do that... Don't commute for a job like AMF. Either move or find a job local you can get hours with.

FlightLife 03-06-2020 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mellokeith (Post 2990658)

You don’t really want to come to Ameriflight for a decent QoL. You come here to build hours and experience and move on. Commuting will only eat into whatever little bit of time off you have. Where would you be commuting from/to?

Mellokeith 03-06-2020 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by FlightLife (Post 2990734)
You don’t really want to come to Ameriflight for a decent QoL. You come here to build hours and experience and move on. Commuting will only eat into whatever little bit of time off you have. Where would you be commuting from/to?

I live in a small town in NE Oklahoma. An hour from Rogers/Bentonville/Fayetteville, AR; Joplin, MO; and about 1.5 from Tulsa, OK... about 3 hours from Kansas City and 5 hours from Dallas and St. Louis. We just bought a beautiful lake home not far from my parents (in their late 70s) and do not want to move. I have a local friend who commutes to Dallas to fly for American and another that flies for Omni Air. I understand being away from home for a week or so at a time is normal...

MinRest 03-06-2020 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mellokeith (Post 2990912)
I live in a small town in NE Oklahoma. An hour from Rogers/Bentonville/Fayetteville, AR; Joplin, MO; and about 1.5 from Tulsa, OK... about 3 hours from Kansas City and 5 hours from Dallas and St. Louis. We just bought a beautiful lake home not far from my parents (in their late 70s) and do not want to move. I have a local friend who commutes to Dallas to fly for American and another that flies for Omni Air. I understand being away from home for a week or so at a time is normal...

Find a commutable 7/7 or 8/6 job. Air ambo, right seat jet, King Air, PC-12 job. There are jet jobs in Rogers, Bentonville and Fayetteville. I promise you, you won't be able to afford the time and money to commute to a job like AMF that has very little to no QOL as it is.

ZippyNH 03-06-2020 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by MinRest (Post 2991004)
Find a commutable 7/7 or 8/6 job. Air ambo, right seat jet, King Air, PC-12 job. There are jet jobs in Rogers, Bentonville and Fayetteville. I promise you, you won't be able to afford the time and money to commute to a job like AMF that has very little to no QOL as it is.

Generally good advice...
Most AMF routes are NOT really commutable...
We are often the first flights out in the am...6am ish...
​​​​amd often some if the latest in the PM...9pm ish...
simply put, unless you only want one day home a week, you need to live at a base....