Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

MinRest 04-28-2020 11:33 AM

As I said a few pages back, AMF is a dirtbag outfit. They thrive when everyone else is hurting because they are a bottom feeder. Don't sign your life away for a company that doesn't give a flying crap about you. I expected nothing less than the new hire bonuses to go away, but I didn't expect a training contract. Pathetic...

As Briefed 04-28-2020 03:46 PM

Think this is bad, wait until the cull the heard.
Have you called in sick?
Have you written a plane up at the out-station?
Have you forgotten an envelope in the pod?
Have you caused any "problems".

Meet the new same boss.
"line check"

FreightDogs 04-30-2020 11:23 AM

Training Agreement

Our training department spends a significant amount of time and Ameriflight spends a significant amount of money on each new hire. With the substantial uptick in qualified applicants, narrowing the pool down to candidates who agree to commit to Ameriflight for at least 18 months is the responsible thing to do.

The training agreement is not a trick – you’ll sign for it in your offer letter. It’s also not a debt – the choice is yours to sign the contract agreeing to reimburse us for the cost of training should you not fulfill your commitment of 18 months with us. If you don’t want to fly for Ameriflight for 18 months, either don’t take a job with us or agree to pay the cost back (regular or reduced depending on time).

CRJJ 04-30-2020 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 3045552)
Our training department spends a significant amount of time and Ameriflight spends a significant amount of money on each new hire. With the substantial uptick in qualified applicants, narrowing the pool down to candidates who agree to commit to Ameriflight for at least 18 months is the responsible thing to do.

The training agreement is not a trick – you’ll sign for it in your offer letter. It’s also not a debt – the choice is yours to sign the contract agreeing to reimburse us for the cost of training should you not fulfill your commitment of 18 months with us. If you don’t want to fly for Ameriflight for 18 months, either don’t take a job with us or agree to pay the cost back (regular or reduced depending on time).

And this is pure F* common sense.

USMCFLYR 04-30-2020 12:51 PM

Business sense yes.
something that so many pilots seem to think they are so good at that they constantly complain about how poorly their airlines are being run!
But let’s see them run any type of business that invests significant resources in training a particular skill set that is valued in a market and then see that INVESTMENT immediately leave your company for other opportunities.

employment contracts are everywhere. One of the biggest is call the UNITED STATES MILITARY! :-)

If they are transparent then there is nothing wrong with them at all.
the prospective employee knows about it and knows what he has to do to get out of it by staying or paying a agreed upon (hopefully pro-rated portion) should he decide that another opportunity is worth it.

justfun 04-30-2020 04:48 PM

Then perhaps you should make such that people want to stick around for job, instead of punishing them for leaving? None of the big boys have this type of contract. If a pilot wants to leave AA for UAL, then they leave, no strings attached.

Pilots choose to leave different jobs for other jobs due to various reasons, they are tired of commuting, a different type of flying, cargo vs pax, different planes, the list goes on and on. So maybe that should be looked at from an employers perspective on why pilots are leaving after, what you consider, a short period of time. Ask some of them what their reasons are before getting to this step in the process. You might find out something about your operation that can be improved, making it a more desirable place to work.

Food for thought.

Also, don't know how this can be enforced either.

USMCFLYR 04-30-2020 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by justfun (Post 3045753)
Then perhaps you should make such that people want to stick around for job, instead of punishing them for leaving? None of the big boys have this type of contract. If a pilot wants to leave AA for UAL, then they leave, no strings attached.

Pilots choose to leave different jobs for other jobs due to various reasons, they are tired of commuting, a different type of flying, cargo vs pax, different planes, the list goes on and on. So maybe that should be looked at from an employers perspective on why pilots are leaving after, what you consider, a short period of time. Ask some of them what their reasons are before getting to this step in the process. You might find out something about your operation that can be improved, making it a more desirable place to work.

Food for thought.

Also, don't know how this can be enforced either.

Now for an industry that does have a top end - imagine that.....they don't have a training contact?

Not every job is a stopping point.
Some are stepping stones.

That depends on the pilot and their situation - but EVERY PILOT takes time, effort and money to train.

If you don't understand this - then you have never been in a position to have to make these decisions and are making judgments about something that you have no experience in dealing with and are talking solely from a person who doesn't want to be tied to a job and doesn't mind screwing over you employer even though you applied and agreed to the training contract if one was in place - so your judgment and honor are already in question in my mind.

If I was on a hiring board and got to rate you and I found out that you skipped out on ANY contract - it would be a hit against you on my scoresheet.

justfun 04-30-2020 05:46 PM

You are correct you don't know me or my military record, or my professional flying record.

I merely stated that maybe they should look inward before doing something like this.

There is no loyalty to employees within the airline industry and the sooner you realize that the better off you will be.

USMCFLYR 04-30-2020 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by justfun (Post 3045800)
You are correct you don't know me or my military record, or my professional flying record.

I merely stated that maybe they should look inward before doing something like this.

There is no loyalty to employees within the airline industry and the sooner you realize that the better off you will be.

Doesn’t seem to be any loyalty either way.

As Briefed 04-30-2020 07:48 PM

FreightDogs What was the average longevity back at the turn of the New Year?
18 months was 2 or 3 times the averages longevity from many many years ago.

Opportunity knocks