Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Jetlife 02-19-2018 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by WesternSkies (Post 2532271)
What are you even talking about?
Every 135 freight company goes point A-B every day, over and over again, how would you possible not have a “canned” route?!

There were canned routes when I was there, maybe that went away. Not sure what he is really talking about. The most alone you can be in this industry is flying single pilot 135 freight.

ZippyNH 02-19-2018 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2532278)
There were canned routes when I was there, maybe that went away. Not sure what he is really talking about. The most alone you can be in this industry is flying single pilot 135 freight.

If you have ever flown unscheduled 135 aka charter where you have to file your own stuff, often in small company's without 24/7 dispatch, you would know Hate too feed a troll, cause you always seem to jump in as the know it all, pretending to know it all with only a superficial understanding of many things...
Not everything in every company is the same, and there are many different ways things are done totally LEGALLY from place to place.

Jetlife 02-19-2018 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by ZippyNH (Post 2532437)
If you have ever flown unscheduled 135 aka charter where you have to file your own stuff, often in small company's without 24/7 dispatch, you would know Hate too feed a troll, cause you always seem to jump in as the know it all, pretending to know it all with only a superficial understanding of many things...
Not everything in every company is the same, and there are many different ways things are done totally LEGALLY from place to place.

I do know.

Settle down junior I probably have more 135 time than you have total time judging from the overly general comments you leave in this thread.

Flyinlynn 02-19-2018 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by tailwheel (Post 2532115)
Thanks all!

Any chance Ameriflight will be at the NW Aviation Conference in Puyallup, WA next week?

Good question. They have been there previous years but I am not seeing them on the schedule for this years event.

FreightDogs 02-20-2018 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by tailwheel (Post 2532115)
Thanks all!

Any chance Ameriflight will be at the NW Aviation Conference in Puyallup, WA next week?

Hi, there!

Unfortunately, we won't be.
We've gone the past few years and a had a great time, but I guess it just slipped under our radar this year!
I'm sorry about that. I'd be happy to hook you up with a recruiter if you'd like to ask some questions, though!

own nav 02-20-2018 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by ZippyNH (Post 2532437)

I wouldn't call it "pretending", but often dated or second hand. He flew out of one of the worst bases ever (now closed), and for an annual pay as a training captain that's less than I make in bonuses alone.

One thing I will point out, Zippynh brings up 24 hour dispatch. Years ago AMF only required a check in, not the full release discussion required now.

Used to be you could put just about anyone in dispatch, it was more of an operations position, and under part 135 that was ok. Heck, I worked for another 135 op where we asked for a weather printout, and the "dispatcher" printed out a 7 day forcast from the local news.

Now days I see dispatchers getting a few weeks of mentoring, and they are much more familiar with situations that ground a flight. They are required to go over weather/notams, and review your fuel staus.

tailwheel 02-20-2018 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2532733)
Hi, there!

I'd be happy to hook you up with a recruiter if you'd like to ask some questions, though!

Thanks!
PM sent!

aiqs 02-21-2018 04:12 AM

Emb120

when will the Clases start of EMB 120?

am just waiting that Kacie Call me again, but i would like to start reading about also i dont know if AMF will sent me to ACP due to my TT827.

aajones5 02-22-2018 07:09 PM

Hey I'm hoping to apply to ameriflight as my first flying job and i wanted to ask somebody who actually works there some questions about it if I could pm someone.
Thanks in advance

flysooner9 02-25-2018 07:23 PM

What aircraft are in the DFW base? Id be looking for the EMB-120 if possible.