Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

captjns 11-01-2018 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by colonials13 (Post 2701376)
Any idea when hiring will resume for FOs on the E-120?

Everts Air Cargo is looking for EMB120 FOs based in Laredo. Its about 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.

smc2020 11-02-2018 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Biggbird (Post 2697591)
Thats easy. Bids go out every month and list open equipment in each domicile. Say Be99-SLC or B1900-BUR. There have been alot of opening recently and sometimes there are multiple openings for the same aircraft in the same base. You can bid open equipment that you are qualified for in the desired base and as long as nobody 1. already in the base bids for that aircraft type or 2. someone that is senior to you at the company (but in a different base than what you are bidding for bids for it) you get it. There is an domicile commitment of 6 months for each move.

If you are currently at a base, is it possible to become Home Based?

frmrbuffdrvr 11-02-2018 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by AkAv8er (Post 2701292)
Hello,

I’m moving to Seattle with the wife in the next month and am taking a hard look at Ameriflight. It looks like it could be a good fit with said wife (weekend warrior) but I have a few questions that are alluding me.

I’m looking at the beech 1900 captain posting at BFI. I have the min prerequisites but not a lot more. I’m hoping I can be a viable candidate but could be open to working into that role if nec.

I see that most schedules avg. 5 days a week maybe 60 hrs/mo. Is a schedule like that something to expect as a newb out of training? Would it be unrealistic to hope for most weekends off? About how many overnights a month are you all averaging (esp. newer folks)? Should I expect to be on reserve for a while out of training? If so how long does it take to get a line and how much flying are folks getting on reserve?

What kind of delay are people seeing between applying and an interview? What kind of time frame bet. a job offer and a start to training? I’ve heard that training is pretty intensive- maybe comparable to a regional airline. Is training usually a few months plus ioe?

Lastly just looking for more info on the aircraft. I’ve seen a lot of varying opinions on the a/c and equipment. I’ve flown g1000 caravans and Alaska bush planes with stacks you need to sweet talk and consider slapping around; I feel like I’ve seen both extremes. What kind of avionics are in the B1900s? Autopilots (besides FO)? Are you folks pretty happy with the maintenance program?

A pilot friend told me that Ameriflight may pay for your atp after a few years if the stars align. Is that true?

Thanks for any input.

Let me correct a partial error in a previous reply. You won't get your ATP at your first recurrent at 6 months. The earliest would be at your first annual recurrent. They want at least a year out of you before making that kind of investment.

As for weekends, I think Seattle only has one run that operates on the weekend and it is a metro. The plane repositions to SUS on Saturday and then flies to SLC and BFI with the medical low level radioactive cargo.

You can plan 6-8 weeks for training, counting Indoc, MEICC and aircraft training, including OE.

As for avionics, I'm not positive if all 1900s have GPS yet. I know we are sending them and the metros through as fast as we can. All BE99s and E120s have GPS. Some BE99s don't have autopilots but all other aircraft do.

As a pilot I know that if you have a mx issue there is no one in your chain of command that will pressure you to fly a broken airplane. Now if an issue is legally MEL'd, then you should have a good reason if you choose to refuse it.

The other responder's estimate might be a bit high for pay, unless he is counting the bonuses AMF has offered the past couple of years to stay over two Peak periods. There is talk something will be offered again this year, but no specifics have been released yet. But the pay is MUCH better then it was just 3 or 4 years ago. Starting pay for a BE99 captain today is about the same as an eleven year metro captain ten years ago.

frmrbuffdrvr 11-02-2018 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by colonials13 (Post 2701376)
Any idea when hiring will resume for FOs on the E-120?

As our existing FOs reach 135 captain minimums, we will need to replace them. So it shouldn't be more than a few months. It depends on where you want to be based. (Home basing is not an option for E120 FOs.) If you are flexible on where you will go, then there should be openings every couple of months.

AkAv8er 11-02-2018 11:44 AM

Thx

Big thanks to selfmade and buff for the info.

Lusher 11-03-2018 09:10 AM

Quick question

I’m at 731 hrs tt and I’m trying to get into the accelerated captain program. I’ve been in contact with a recruiter and I was told that at 750 tt I could get a conditional letter of employment and at 800 I would be able to start in the next class. I have over 400 hrs of multi and I meet all of the other time requirements. My question is do I have to make it to the full 800 tt to get into training or if somewhere between 750 and 800 is acceptable?

frmrbuffdrvr 11-04-2018 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lusher (Post 2702246)
I’m at 731 hrs tt and I’m trying to get into the accelerated captain program. I’ve been in contact with a recruiter and I was told that at 750 tt I could get a conditional letter of employment and at 800 I would be able to start in the next class. I have over 400 hrs of multi and I meet all of the other time requirements. My question is do I have to make it to the full 800 tt to get into training or if somewhere between 750 and 800 is acceptable?

FreightDogs could give you a more definitive answer. But I would say, if you want to come on as an E120 FO, then 750 would probably work. But then you won't upgrade to captain until 1200 hours. If you keep at it and get to 800 and come into the ACP program, then you could move to a Restricted Captain at 1000 TT, moving to Unrestricted IFR
Captain at 1200. So you would be logging PIC time 200 hours sooner.

GaleHrd 11-04-2018 09:22 PM

Does Ameriflight do any pilot interviews during the WAI conference?

Mature Flier 11-08-2018 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by dualratedchoppa (Post 2686846)
You're doing an awesome service to this thread and all the pilot thank you. ...

Hi Freight Dogs,
Can you connect me with one (or more) of your pilots that has gone through a sim ride?
Thanks in advance,
MF

frmrbuffdrvr 11-08-2018 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mature Flier (Post 2704775)
Hi Freight Dogs,
Can you connect me with one (or more) of your pilots that has gone through a sim ride?
Thanks in advance,
MF

Are you talking about an interview sim? We haven't done those for quite a while. If you are offered a position, you will do one during indoc to assess you abilities and get ready for MEICC. That is the instrument course we put everyone through the second week if they pass the indoc test.

If you want to prepare, it is basic non-GPS instrument proficiency. We want to see if you can get the airplane from point A to point B in instrument conditions without following a purple line on a screen.