Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

LRSRanger 08-31-2018 11:59 PM

They hired me into the 99 with 74 hours of multi time, back in 2015. That's a few years ago but I'd be surprised if they are able to be even pickier now...

Originally Posted by Flyinlynn (Post 2666238)
I was looking at the BE99 job opening requirements saying 150 hours multi. I thought I had previously seen it was 50 hours. Was this a change in multi required or maybe I am remembering incorrectly?

I have 1800 total time 50 hours multi time. I need a few more hours of night but otherwise I have the required hours.

Thanks

frmrbuffdrvr 09-01-2018 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by tailwheel48 (Post 2666181)
What are the requirements to be hired as a FO? I know a young guy who's recently got his CPL/IR/MEL and a little over 250 hours.

Minimum TT is 500 hours. The complete numbers are on this thread if you look back a couple of pages. Its a very common question.

frmrbuffdrvr 09-01-2018 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Flyinlynn (Post 2666238)
I was looking at the BE99 job opening requirements saying 150 hours multi. I thought I had previously seen it was 50 hours. Was this a change in multi required or maybe I am remembering incorrectly?

I have 1800 total time 50 hours multi time. I need a few more hours of night but otherwise I have the required hours.

Thanks

Yeah, what LRSRanger said. I think that is probably a misprint.

Flyinlynn 09-01-2018 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by LRSRanger (Post 2666241)
They hired me into the 99 with 74 hours of multi time, back in 2015. That's a few years ago but I'd be surprised if they are able to be even pickier now...

Yeah I was surprised also by increased numbers in the current environment. All of the BE 99 openings I looked at said150 hours multi but copy paste from one listing to another would do that easily.

SonicFlyer 09-01-2018 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Flyinlynn (Post 2666466)
Yeah I was surprised also by increased numbers in the current environment. All of the BE 99 openings I looked at said150 hours multi but copy paste from one listing to another would do that easily.

Hearing rumors that insurance is increasing minimums for 135 operators.

ZippyNH 09-03-2018 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by SonicFlyer (Post 2666538)
Hearing rumors that insurance is increasing minimums for 135 operators.

Having worked for a couple operators, I can state that once you are the industry leader, the operator GENERALLY writes their own minimums, and as long as loss rates are not too high, it' all good....most companies self-insure for most mishaps to a large extent, through LARGE deductibles that mean MANY mishaps occur before a claim is made. Typically it's after people DIE that numbers take a jump, even if temporary, to placate owner, the FAA, and insurance companies.
Pretty sure tweaks are more about matching supply and demand, and to ensure that the training department meets pass rates. Everybody always wants to think that they are the "special case" but at a bigger company, it's a numbers game, filling seats, and staying within goals and budgets.
Let's face it... quality multi time is hard to come by, and much of what some people show up with is what I call "junk" time, often riding with an owner, or helping another pilot, and the legality is often iffy at best. Higher numbers simply help to keep more of those Parker p51 pilots out of the system, as they often wash out.

Biggbird 09-03-2018 05:28 PM

Amflight might be trying to put better filters on their applicants. My interview (over the phone) was a joke. They didnt ask any questions aside from what I had already answered on the application about flight times, etc. Indoc class had 6 or 7 guys in the 99, a few metros and a 1900 guy. The 1900 guy even worked for AMF before and didnt pass indoc. Only half of the 99 pilots made it to line training. I’m not sure what happened to the metro guys after MEICC week but none of them (one of which was retired from AAL) got checked out and made the seniority list. If they are trying to reduce the washout rate I think raising the multi requirement is a step in the right direction. They waste all kinds of money on folks that never fly the line and it hurts the company.

Quality time is needed to fly at AMF. Everyone should learn during training but its an airline not a flight school. If someone is looking to make the jump from 1200-1500 hours towards their ATP, they are better off flying a caravan somewhere else.

Lusher 09-03-2018 05:54 PM

Is AMF moving some bros to Texas? I just saw on the hiring portal that there's an EMB120 captain position open in Texas. Any info?

Flyinlynn 09-03-2018 11:01 PM

Know of any Caravan jobs in the Seattle area?

Biggbird 09-04-2018 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Flyinlynn (Post 2667819)
Know of any Caravan jobs in the Seattle area?

Kenmore air has 3 caravans that they fly Pax out of BFI with and Fedex has some feeder runs out of SEA. SEA should be Empire but possibly another fedex feeder.