Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

SoFloFlyer 06-29-2018 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2623650)
The 14/7/14/14 is for the Home-Based Captains.
The ACP FO schedule is a little weird. There's not a set number of days away and days home as we are trying to get you the hours you need to become a Captain quickly.

The ACP FOs go through the six weeks of training at the start and then upgrade training when they are eligible to become a Captain.

Yes, they get per diem on top of pay!

Hope that helps!

Sorry if this question was asked already, but is this position commutable?

frmrbuffdrvr 07-03-2018 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer (Post 2624847)
Sorry if this question was asked already, but is this position commutable?

If you are a home based captain, AMF will pay for your travel on a positive space ticket from your home airport to the location you will be flying for your two week on shift. And unlike what I have read about other operators, we fly you to your work location on the first day of your on time and home on the last day of your on time. Your off time is yours UNLESS you choose to work extra in which case you would be paid regular pay for your scheduled off week and then paid daily for the days you work.

For an FO, if you don't live near one of our bases where you could fly, we will fly you to the base and cover your hotel while there. We do NOT pay for you to go home every weekend. If you choose to commute home on our own, you are free to do so. You just need to be back in position for your next scheduled flight. Keep in mind that many runs operate from Monday evening until Saturday morning, so there is not a lot of time to commute back and forth.

SoFloFlyer 07-03-2018 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2627394)
If you are a home based captain, AMF will pay for your travel on a positive space ticket from your home airport to the location you will be flying for your two week on shift. And unlike what I have read about other operators, we fly you to your work location on the first day of your on time and home on the last day of your on time. Your off time is yours UNLESS you choose to work extra in which case you would be paid regular pay for your scheduled off week and then paid daily for the days you work.

For an FO, if you don't live near one of our bases where you could fly, we will fly you to the base and cover your hotel while there. We do NOT pay for you to go home every weekend. If you choose to commute home on our own, you are free to do so. You just need to be back in position for your next scheduled flight. Keep in mind that many runs operate from Monday evening until Saturday morning, so there is not a lot of time to commute back and forth.

Thanks for the info!!

ECMO4 07-06-2018 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2574373)
We have ACP FO opportunities in our BE99s in ABQ.
Also, we are seeing some demand to upgrade routes, so that's an option, as well!

On the main website I only see the ACP-FO offering for TX. If I apply under the TX program would it be possible to get ABQ? Understand that the ACP-FO candidate might get pushed to other places to get the hours but I live in ABQ and that would be my desired final location.

FreightDogs 07-09-2018 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by ECMO4 (Post 2629076)
On the main website I only see the ACP-FO offering for TX. If I apply under the TX program would it be possible to get ABQ? Understand that the ACP-FO candidate might get pushed to other places to get the hours but I live in ABQ and that would be my desired final location.

For the Accelerated Captain Program, you could live in ABQ. The position does not have a base as we send them throughout our system on our highest timed routes.

The position has Texas as the job location, because we had to put a location for the website. Hope that makes sense!

29singlespeed 07-09-2018 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2630799)
For the Accelerated Captain Program, you could live in ABQ. The position does not have a base as we send them throughout our system on our highest timed routes.

The position has Texas as the job location, because we had to put a location for the website. Hope that makes sense!

What is the schedule like for the ACP program? Then once captain, I am guessing one would have to relocate to the base assigned or is there some preferences given? Reason I ask is my situation is not able to move to any base but will have the ACP time come this fall. Looks like a great program. Thanks

ECMO4 07-09-2018 11:24 AM

Makes perfect sense, thank you!

airgoose 07-12-2018 06:06 AM

1000TT future AMF pilot

hello there,

I have few questions too!

1) how can i get in? i got 1000TT with about 800 ME turbine and jet and 140 PIC. does my profile still gets me on ACP?
2) Can a candidate signup for multiple gateway program? how many go your captains got into respected gateways? like Omni, Frontier and Allegiant?

thanks
Future AMF pilot :cool:

VanDriver 07-12-2018 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by airgoose (Post 2633082)
hello there,

I have few questions too!

1) how can i get in? i got 1000TT with about 800 ME turbine and jet and 140 PIC. does my profile still gets me on ACP?
2) Can a candidate signup for multiple gateway program? how many go your captains got into respected gateways? like Omni, Frontier and Allegiant?

thanks
Future AMF pilot :cool:

Just out of curiosity, how and where did you get those hours?

dash3t 07-14-2018 10:07 AM

When to apply if targeting October Class

I'm looking at being available for the October class. When's a good time to submit application if targeting that class?

Thanks,
Dash3t