Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Swakid8 08-20-2018 05:36 AM

Ameriflight

Originally Posted by dera (Post 2651654)
I'd definitely recommend a 135 gig between CFI and regionals. Find a good one and you'll have the most fun you're ever going to have in your flying career.

Don't even dream about going to Majors from AMF. It just does not work that way.

No need to go CFI-135-regionals. One will be just fine going CFI-Regionals...... bad advice unless one gates Instructing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colonials13 08-20-2018 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Swakid8 (Post 2658349)
No need to go CFI-135-regionals. One will be just fine going CFI-Regionals...... bad advice unless one gates Instructing.

Why is it bad advice?

Swakid8 08-20-2018 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by colonials13 (Post 2658466)
Why is it bad advice?

I guess bad advice is a strong word, but Dera has a history of making it seem like the CFI to 121 transition difficult and places a lot of weight on the need to go 135 to make that transition easy.

With that being said, I would like only recommend 135 for CFI who is going going to need over a year to get ATP mins, but someone who only needs R-ATP mins or can meet their mins in less than a year, I would recommend knocking the time out wherever they are and get on a seniority list somewhere stead of locking themselves into a contract that usually 12 to 18 months long.

Hence is why Ameriflight is in tough spot with their FO mins. A lot of folks folks can just stick out where they are at and head off to a regional in about 6 to 8 months with the mind they are requiring.

29singlespeed 08-20-2018 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2638138)
Hi, there!

Here are the mins for the ACP FO position: 800 TT, 25 ME, 300 XC (defined as point to point), 100 night, 500 PIC, 75 instrument
It looks like your TT, ME, and Turbine are great. Unfortunately, your PIC is too low.

Our pilot programs are all relatively new. We've had a handful flow over so far. We also have eight pilots in our UPS Gateway Program.

Hope that helps!

Application submitted. Currently flying in a PT135 VFR position that ends this fall. My times are not to the 800hrs but close and building. Do applications get looked at while currently building the time? Are the night and Instrument times hard numbers or just 'ideal'? Will have all the other times and PT135 experience. Thanks!

29singlespeed 08-20-2018 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by 29singlespeed (Post 2658487)
Application submitted. Currently flying in a PT135 VFR position that ends this fall. My times are not to the 800hrs but close and building. Do applications get looked at while currently building the time? Are the night and Instrument times hard numbers or just 'ideal'? Will have all the other times and PT135 experience. Thanks!

Just received a response from recruiting and must have the times at application time, so I will be resubmitting next month.

frmrbuffdrvr 08-27-2018 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by 29singlespeed (Post 2658547)
Just received a response from recruiting and must have the times at application time, so I will be resubmitting next month.

The night and instrument times are pretty hard because they are required by FAR135 for IFR captains (which we intend for our FOs to become at some point) and we really can't control how quickly you can get those here. It is really difficult to get night time during the spring-summer months because of DST and scheduled run times.

29singlespeed 08-27-2018 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2663218)
The night and instrument times are pretty hard because they are required by FAR135 for IFR captains (which we intend for our FOs to become at some point) and we really can't control how quickly you can get those here. It is really difficult to get night time during the spring-summer months because of DST and scheduled run times.

Got it. Yeah it’s hard to get night period. I will be 50hrs short of night but will have everything else plus vfr pic 135.

aerobeard 08-31-2018 04:01 PM

San Diego Route

Where is the San Diego B1900 flying to? what are the routes? Saw there is a position open recently.

Thanks in Advance

tailwheel48 08-31-2018 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Selfmade92 (Post 2653391)
a lot of them are flown 2 crew, the goal is to get all of the metros and 1900s 2 crew.

What are the requirements to be hired as a FO? I know a young guy who's recently got his CPL/IR/MEL and a little over 250 hours.

Flyinlynn 08-31-2018 11:48 PM

I was looking at the BE99 job opening requirements saying 150 hours multi. I thought I had previously seen it was 50 hours. Was this a change in multi required or maybe I am remembering incorrectly?

I have 1800 total time 50 hours multi time. I need a few more hours of night but otherwise I have the required hours.

Thanks