Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Flyinlynn 09-04-2018 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Biggbird (Post 2668107)
Kenmore air has 3 caravans that they fly Pax out of BFI with and Fedex has some feeder runs out of SEA. SEA should be Empire but possibly another fedex feeder.

Empire is the FedEx feeder but currently has no SEA openings

From what I hear Kenmore is pretty competitive to get into. No openings on their employment page.

My background is 1800 hours total time 50 MEL CFI CFII. Just got my CFII in March haven’t had an opportunity to use it yet.

I started flying in 2002 got my ratings while working full time 40 hours/week mostly just flying Cessna 172’s

Not feeling very encouraged about my chances at AMF from what you are saying about wash outs

frmrbuffdrvr 09-04-2018 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lusher (Post 2667715)
Is AMF moving some bros to Texas? I just saw on the hiring portal that there's an EMB120 captain position open in Texas. Any info?

First I have heard of it. And I'm Bro qualified, based in Dallas.

Flyinlynn 09-04-2018 10:36 PM

I sent a message over the weekend to Ameriflight recruiting via Facebook

“Hi, Lynn!

I'm sorry for the confusion. It looks like our job reqs online have not been updated.
Yes, the multi time requirement for the BE99 Captain position is 50 hours.

With 1800 TT and 50 ME hours, yes please apply! 🙂”

So looks like it is a typo

Biggbird 09-05-2018 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Flyinlynn (Post 2668450)
I sent a message over the weekend to Ameriflight recruiting via Facebook

“Hi, Lynn!

I'm sorry for the confusion. It looks like our job reqs online have not been updated.
Yes, the multi time requirement for the BE99 Captain position is 50 hours.

With 1800 TT and 50 ME hours, yes please apply! ��”

So looks like it is a typo

With 1800TT and a cfii you shouldnt be to far off. If you prepare with all the materials that are sent to you before training you should do fine. My earlier point was that this isnt some easy time builder job. It takes some work to get checked out here.

The Jan-March classes still have 12 pilots on the seniority list between all 3 of them. April-June have produced 29 total. Sometimes theres just a bad bunch. Since you have the time to get a jet job and go 121 make sure this is someplace you really want to be. If it is, apply and come fly. If you have other career goals there are better ways to get there in my opinion. The regionals will get you an ATP which AMF will not do at least until you’ve been here for a few years.

Flyinlynn 09-09-2018 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Biggbird (Post 2668698)
With 1800TT and a cfii you shouldnt be to far off. If you prepare with all the materials that are sent to you before training you should do fine. My earlier point was that this isnt some easy time builder job. It takes some work to get checked out here.

The Jan-March classes still have 12 pilots on the seniority list between all 3 of them. April-June have produced 29 total. Sometimes theres just a bad bunch. Since you have the time to get a jet job and go 121 make sure this is someplace you really want to be. If it is, apply and come fly. If you have other career goals there are better ways to get there in my opinion. The regionals will get you an ATP which AMF will not do at least until you’ve been here for a few years.

I was at SkyWest last fall but having only learned part 61 and my experience is as a steam gauge CFI instructing primary students in Cessna 172’s I had a much harder time in training then I had expected.

I was making too slow progress and resigned while in the sims last November.

I have been advised by many that I should go to a part 135 operation like Ameriflight to gain the skills to be successful in any future regional training. I am a late in life career changer so I am running out of time to fly part 121.

It could be that my professional pilot career may begin and continue with Ameriflight.

Flyinlynn 09-10-2018 04:58 PM

I applied with GoJet and just got word I am hired

Thanks all I’m going to give it my best effort at least I know more about what to expect going in

Kifaru 09-11-2018 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Flyinlynn (Post 2671715)
I applied with GoJet and just got word I am hired

Thanks all I’m going to give it my best effort at least I know more about what to expect going in

Good luck!

Continuingappch 09-13-2018 07:39 PM

Single-pilot except for...?

Hey all - it's been my understanding that AMF flies single-pilot, other than in the E-120. However, I keep seeing references to 1900 FOs, Korean FOs, etc.

Of course things are always changing, but any insight on this - i.e. what bases/aircraft get FOs assigned?

ZippyNH 09-13-2018 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Continuingappch (Post 2673896)
Hey all - it's been my understanding that AMF flies single-pilot, other than in the E-120. However, I keep seeing references to 1900 FOs, Korean FOs, etc.

Of course things are always changing, but any insight on this - i.e. what bases/aircraft get FOs assigned?

The FO's typically are assigned to the bases that fly the longest flights so the copilots can build time, and to help reduce workload and fatigue. Let's face it, flying almost 8 hrs in a duty day single pilot is a lot to ask....and the goal is safety. Some are AMF hires that are a bit short on time or experience to be captain, others are involved in other programs.
That having been said, you must always be ready to fly single pilot.

Continuingappch 09-13-2018 08:26 PM

Thanks - I was under the impression that most lines weren't nearly that much flying.