Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

sadietp 09-27-2018 12:24 PM

Any FO positions out of KBUR?

frmrbuffdrvr 09-27-2018 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by sadietp (Post 2682004)
Any FO positions out of KBUR?

See my post three up from yours.

Kifaru 09-27-2018 02:45 PM

475 pages and counting... lots of interest

neal 09-27-2018 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2681871)
Hi, there!

At your listed hours, the recruiters would likely look at you for a BE99 Captain position.

Not sure of your desired location, but if you see an opening on our website at a location that you want, go ahead and apply! www.ameriflight.com/careers

Since you'll be in town next week, I'd be happy to connect you with a recruiter. They might be able to schedule some time to sit down and chat with you at our headquarters.

Thank you FreightDogs,

I am filling out the application now. It sure is long! I hope to know more about the training schedule after the first day of class.

Thanks again! Neal

markd 09-28-2018 11:05 AM

Greetings!

I'm currently a full-time software developer and part-time CFI looking to make the switch to a full-time flying career. In my research, Ameriflight keeps coming up as a good option for where I'm at.

I've slogged through most of the recent messages in this thread, which has been incredibly helpful. I've found the answers to the majority of my questions, but I would like to get a few more details (I've been running my own software development company for 25 years, so jumping ship isn't a decision I'm taking lightly).

I have a family and would like to find something that minimizes my time away from home. From what I've read here, living near CVG would seem to give me the opportunity to do that with Ameriflight once I have enough time for the left seat. Is that an accurate conclusion or just wishful thinking? Can you count on staying at the same base for the long-term (i.e. if I don't get CVG, does it make sense to move, or suck it up and commute)?

I understand that the time I spent building to left seat time would be spent anywhere in the country. What does that schedule look like? How much time would be spent home/away from home?

Regarding training time, I think I saw that it would be six straight weeks away from home?

And speaking of training, once you reach ATP minimums, does Ameriflight have an ATP-CTP course?

Finally, what is the time commitment after training?

TIA for any info!

own nav 09-28-2018 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by markd (Post 2682467)
Greetings!

I'm currently a full-time software developer and part-time CFI looking to make the switch to a full-time flying career. In my research, Ameriflight keeps coming up as a good option for where I'm at.

I've slogged through most of the recent messages in this thread, which has been incredibly helpful. I've found the answers to the majority of my questions, but I would like to get a few more details (I've been running my own software development company for 25 years, so jumping ship isn't a decision I'm taking lightly).

I have a family and would like to find something that minimizes my time away from home. From what I've read here, living near CVG would seem to give me the opportunity to do that with Ameriflight once I have enough time for the left seat. Is that an accurate conclusion or just wishful thinking? Can you count on staying at the same base for the long-term (i.e. if I don't get CVG, does it make sense to move, or suck it up and commute)?

I understand that the time I spent building to left seat time would be spent anywhere in the country. What does that schedule look like? How much time would be spent home/away from home?

Regarding training time, I think I saw that it would be six straight weeks away from home?

And speaking of training, once you reach ATP minimums, does Ameriflight have an ATP-CTP course?

Finally, what is the time commitment after training?

TIA for any info!

CVG is closing.

ZippyNH 09-28-2018 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by own nav (Post 2682485)
CVG is closing.

Runs were multi day trips (all but 1)....so "based" there was a bit of a misnomer compared to other bases....
Those trips can effectively be based MANY places.....

mdiepenbroek 09-29-2018 05:23 AM

If I would like to get into the January class, when would be the best time to apply? I already meet all the minimums for the BE99 captain position, but have some prior committments for the rest of the year. Thank you.

Selfmade92 09-29-2018 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by mdiepenbroek (Post 2682795)
If I would like to get into the January class, when would be the best time to apply? I already meet all the minimums for the BE99 captain position, but have some prior committments for the rest of the year. Thank you.

Apply now and let the recruiter know when you're available to start.

mdiepenbroek 09-30-2018 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Selfmade92 (Post 2683215)
Apply now and let the recruiter know when you're available to start.

Thank you!