Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

aa010175 05-13-2017 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2362962)
This is largely incorrect. Don't go to AMF because you think its gonna get you to a major faster. 121 SIC has been proven to be more valuable in getting hired than 135 turboprop PIC. I can't tell you the countless people I know from AMF (I am former AMF) that thought SWA was gonna swoop them up from AMF, that are now at regionals.

I literally know 2 people that were fired from AMF unjustly, went to regionals, and are now at SWA, and they did that quicker than anyone I know that stayed at AMF. Not to start a debate on whether or not to go to a regional or AMF, but the reality is a bit different than AMF sells it.

My information might be 4 years old and no longer valid. But I can't count how many Eagle FOs that were in my Jumpseat and could not find a job away from Eagle because they had little or no PIC time. They had 3000 hours of 121 SIC time and no Major would evan look at them they said. So go to Envoy and do the flow thru or to a place where you can log PIC or TPIC. You can always go 121 after you get 1000 PIC.

FlightLife 05-13-2017 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Auburn17Pilot (Post 2363291)
I think all the ACP stuff is SIC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I mean you could try applying as a VFR captain (750 hr min).

Jetlife 05-13-2017 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by aa010175 (Post 2363293)
My information might be 4 years old and no longer valid. But I can't count how many Eagle FOs that were in my Jumpseat and could not find a job away from Eagle because they had little or no PIC time. They had 3000 hours of 121 SIC time and no Major would evan look at them they said. So go to Envoy and do the flow thru or to a place where you can log PIC or TPIC. You can always go 121 after you get 1000 PIC.

3,000 isn't competitive anywhere, you can't even get hired at Frontier with 3,000. 1,000 TPIC is a requirement at like 2 airlines, everyone else has it listed as preferred or not at all. There are many many many other factors at getting hired, and having 1,000TPIC isn't even close to being a singular guarantee. I know several ex-AMF that were management, have several thousand hours PIC and multiple types and they had to go to a regional.

Hourly requirements on a resume are a small subset to getting hired.

DaemonSmith 05-18-2017 12:53 PM

What is a typical schedule like for a ACP-FO, Restricted Captain, non-Restricted Captain?

HBTD 05-18-2017 08:17 PM

What is the monthly average for FOs on the Brasilia? I understand it varies by base so any information is appreciated.

frmrbuffdrvr 05-19-2017 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by HBTD (Post 2365753)
What is the monthly average for FOs on the Brasilia? I understand it varies by base so any information is appreciated.

I assume you are asking about flight hours. Based on the runs I am most familiar with I'm gonna say it would range from about 40-80 hours per month.

Rcordeiro1225 05-22-2017 09:43 AM

I would like some clarification from AMF on the accelerated captain program.

I am currently in my time building phase, skydive pilot. I would be looking to apply within the next few month for a potential start in the early fall. By that time I should be in the neighborhood of 700-800TT.

Ideally I would like to stay in the northeast, MHT. Would I have a shot for the accelerated captain program? What is the schedule like until the 1000TT requirement is met? What airframes and routes are flown from MHT?

Thank you for your response!

FreightDogs 05-23-2017 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rcordeiro1225 (Post 2367449)
I would like some clarification from AMF on the accelerated captain program.

I am currently in my time building phase, skydive pilot. I would be looking to apply within the next few month for a potential start in the early fall. By that time I should be in the neighborhood of 700-800TT.

Ideally I would like to stay in the northeast, MHT. Would I have a shot for the accelerated captain program? What is the schedule like until the 1000TT requirement is met? What airframes and routes are flown from MHT?

Thank you for your response!

Hello!

Our MHT positions are through Wiggins Airways (our wholly-owned subsidiary). Unfortunately, Wiggins is not part of the Accelerated Captain Program. Wiggins operates BE99s, C208s, and EMB-110s. The closest AMF base to MHT is BUF.

AMF currently does not have any ACP positions open as the program is full. However, we expect to open those positions again in August or September (just in time for you!). You are welcome to apply as soon as you hit our mins, even if we do not have the position open yet.

The schedule for the ACPs before they meet 1,000TT is Monday through Friday, morning to evening on any of our routes (so no base will be assigned). You would be flown out to where we need you. We would of course try to keep you in the same spot for as long as possible. We would pay for your flight to get to and from your assignments, housing, and a per diem.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask more questions if you have them. :)

Stirrin 05-26-2017 11:34 AM

I have sent Ameriflight my resume.

HBTD 05-26-2017 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2366016)
I assume you are asking about flight hours. Based on the runs I am most familiar with I'm gonna say it would range from about 40-80 hours per month.

Sorry I left that part out, haha. Thank you for the response.