Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Spoilers 06-24-2009 08:29 AM

I have an interview coming up with AMF in SLC. Does anyone have any specific interview info for that location?

Thx.

reserveslob 06-24-2009 01:55 PM

So how are things going at AMF? East of the Mississippi with Airnet things are creeping along as good as this economy will allow, so I was just curious how out west is doing. Hoping to move back out there if things turn better and Ameriflight could use a slob on the payroll.

hi208 06-24-2009 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by reserveslob (Post 634597)
So how are things going at AMF? East of the Mississippi with Airnet things are creeping along as good as this economy will allow, so I was just curious how out west is doing. Hoping to move back out there if things turn better and Ameriflight could use a slob on the payroll.

Ameriflight is hiring right now. Go to ameriflight.com and fill out the online application.

reserveslob 06-24-2009 03:57 PM

Are you sure? I sent in an online application about a month ago and updated it not too long ago and got nothing back. Not that I am that high time or anything. 1750TT, 700 multi, 7 Navajo, 75 C-208. I am thinking that maybe if I can get around 100 hours in the Navajo I will be more marketable for SEA, PDX, or anywhere within 5 hours or Central Washington. Hoping against hope to get back there and set up shop. I guess I am not in a huge rush, Airnet pays a nomad like myself pretty good with awesome travel bennies. Just sucks being at least a two leg/1000mile commute from any friends or family:(

undflyboy06 06-25-2009 09:25 PM

Has anyone else had any issues when trying to send your completed application to Ameriflight?

I spent a good 30-45 minutes putting all my times in, and when I submitted my application the next page on internet explorer came up as an error page. I tried several times, but each time the app would successfully go through :confused:.

CloudPilot57 06-25-2009 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by undflyboy06 (Post 635377)
Has anyone else had any issues when trying to send your completed application to Ameriflight?

I spent a good 30-45 minutes putting all my times in, and when I submitted my application the next page on internet explorer came up as an error page. I tried several times, but each time the app would successfully go through :confused:.

Same thing! I figured it was a time thing, becasue it took me a while to add everything up and break stuff down for 12 mo times etc. I copied and pasted the whole page into microsoft word and then tried again. I got interrupted and same thing. So I did it once more in 5 min and it went through. Try to do it under 10 min and it should work!

Scooter2525 06-26-2009 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by CloudPilot57 (Post 635388)
Same thing! I figured it was a time thing, becasue it took me a while to add everything up and break stuff down for 12 mo times etc. I copied and pasted the whole page into microsoft word and then tried again. I got interrupted and same thing. So I did it once more in 5 min and it went through. Try to do it under 10 min and it should work!

I would contact the recruiting hotline and see if they have an app they can email for you to print and fax in. I had the same issue back in the day, and that is how I got around it. Good luck.

undflyboy06 06-26-2009 05:21 AM

Thanks guys, I feel better that I wasn't the only one having issues.

FlyingPirate 06-26-2009 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by undflyboy06 (Post 635377)

Same thing happened to me so I just clicked the back button and opened up a new application and filled it out. I did it a few days ago.

Has anyone heard anything yet?

utedrummer 06-26-2009 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Spoilers (Post 634359)
I have an interview coming up with AMF in SLC. Does anyone have any specific interview info for that location?

Thx.

I would look into them real good before going to fly there. (start be researching some other threads on here about the problems that AMF especially in SLC has had) Then go talk to the FSDO.