Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

1200 08-03-2021 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by LeeroyJenkins92 (Post 3268362)
No that’s all pretty much spot on. Schedule just went from 3 weeks on 1 week off to 4 weeks on 1 week off after the charter pilot group was asked to give up our week off through February “to be made up later” and the majority give that proposition a hard no.

So does that mean a change in pay? Is it a permanent schedule change?

tiger7612 08-23-2021 03:08 PM

Charter QOL

Originally Posted by LeeroyJenkins92 (Post 3268362)
No that’s all pretty much spot on. Schedule just went from 3 weeks on 1 week off to 4 weeks on 1 week off after the charter pilot group was asked to give up our week off through February “to be made up later” and the majority give that proposition a hard no.

During your 3/1 or 4/1 schedule are you on the road the whole time or do charter flights usually originate at your base? For a DFW Charter Pilot on the Metro how often would you be at home? Just the one week?

LeeroyJenkins92 08-24-2021 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by 1200 (Post 3272817)
So does that mean a change in pay? Is it a permanent schedule change?

No, and most likely.

MinRest 08-24-2021 10:06 AM

How does this company get ANYONE to agree working 3 weeks on with 1 week off lol.

captive apple 08-24-2021 11:10 AM

Did Ameriflight bid on the Amazon ATRs going to Silver in Fort Worth?

ZippyNH 08-24-2021 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by MinRest (Post 3284288)
How does this company get ANYONE to agree working 3 weeks on with 1 week off lol.

Some people are at AMF for as little time as possible to maximize the time they build to move on/up...some are more long term looking the live in a specific place or situation....
Honestly for some seeking to maximize hours in the minimum time, it might be a plus.
Different strokes for different folks, and remember about 70% (my guess) of the people at AMF are only around for 2-5 years to build time.....
There are assignments that fly under an HOUR a day with maybe 4 hrs and of duty a day total, maybe sleeping in your own bed, or all day home but there are some that are near maximum legal limits...just depends on what people bid.

LeeroyJenkins92 09-11-2021 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by tiger7612 (Post 3283910)
During your 3/1 or 4/1 schedule are you on the road the whole time or do charter flights usually originate at your base? For a DFW Charter Pilot on the Metro how often would you be at home? Just the one week?

If you get sent out on a trip say on a Monday or Tuesday, there’s a good chance they are going to leave you sitting wherever you go trying to sell you and the plane on another trip. I’ve done a trip on a Monday then sat there at the destination all week away from home without a trip, when they could have give me my legal rest, then have me repo to base where I would have been more likely to get a trip and I would have got to see home vs just sitting all week for nothing 1200 nm from home.

But it’s not always like that. Sometimes you will get an out and back trip where you do it then come home and have a couple days at home during the week.

Trips sometimes originate in base sometimes they don’t. During your weeks on you will get to come home for the weekend.

LeeroyJenkins92 09-11-2021 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by ZippyNH (Post 3284474)
Some people are at AMF for as little time as possible to maximize the time they build to move on/up...some are more long term looking the live in a specific place or situation....
Honestly for some seeking to maximize hours in the minimum time, it might be a plus.
Different strokes for different folks, and remember about 70% (my guess) of the people at AMF are only around for 2-5 years to build time.....
There are assignments that fly under an HOUR a day with maybe 4 hrs and of duty a day total, maybe sleeping in your own bed, or all day home but there are some that are near maximum legal limits...just depends on what people bid.

THIS.

Sometimes they will even tell people during Indoc that they (mgmt) realize AMF is a stepping stone job for people to build time and move on. They just ask you to not hire in, stay 5 months then bail on them, they like to see people stay at least a year. Honestly I can’t blame them for that.

As an aside, the Charter life is VERY different than the UPS side of AMF. You have to be pretty thick skinned to do Charter. It’s definitely not for everyone, if you’re a pretty boi, Charter probably isn’t for you.

Gapilot 10-13-2021 06:00 PM

Any update on possible FO position opening up

I am curious if anyone here that is still currently working for Ameriflight, know if there anything happening with the First officer position. I understand they are working to bring people up thru their pilot program pathway to UPS and United. I been seeing more spots open for the Captain position on the employment website.

I am keeping an eye out on the website to see any opening for the FO opportunity. Will Ameriflight might possibly expand their FO to more aircraft to keep up with their Captain requirements for the BE-99 and other aircraft?

Thanks for any info.

ZippyNH 10-14-2021 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Gapilot (Post 3308768)
I am curious if anyone here that is still currently working for Ameriflight, know if there anything happening with the First officer position. I understand they are working to bring people up thru their pilot program pathway to UPS and United. I been seeing more spots open for the Captain position on the employment website.

I am keeping an eye out on the website to see any opening for the FO opportunity. Will Ameriflight might possibly expand their FO to more aircraft to keep up with their Captain requirements for the BE-99 and other aircraft?

Thanks for any info.

Have seen new hire FO's for the metro charter program doing IOE while flying the line...due to long days and higher flight times charter often uses a copilot, since having one allows for longer flights, contributeing to the usability of the plane rather than just an added cost ..the copilots typically build hours to 135 mins, then go to a 99, then a typed plane. Guessing you just need to be looking at the right time too see an opening...let's face, sure there are lots of potential candidates and a stack of resumes.
Working charter is hard work (there are extra bonuses and incentives to off set this partially for captains) but it's faster way to build time and get quality experience with multiple airports. It's a very different job than out and back trips out of a base.
Some love it, some hate it.