Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

QRH Bingo 05-24-2021 01:09 PM


Originally Posted by renatodep (Post 3239370)
I fly for Ameriflight and I'll say hands down it was the best decision I made for myself. Obviously everyone is different but Ameriflight has given me so much confidence as a pilot I don't know I would have flying elsewhere. No autopilot on the 99s, flying approaches pretty much everyday during the winters here in SEA keeps my skills sharp. Is it for everyone? No, but for me it's been great, if I were to say anything QOL for me is the toughest part of the job.

Sure, for those prospective applicants browsing, Ameriflight is a company that takes on the risk of hiring inexperienced pilots and gives them their first real flying job. A chance to build time, experience and a line on a resumé. However, it is not a destination company... it is a stepping stone. The company knows this and for the most part, treats their pilots as such.

captive apple 05-24-2021 01:25 PM

That is the most generous way to put it.

renatodep 05-26-2021 09:42 AM


Originally Posted by QRH Bingo (Post 3239746)
Sure, for those prospective applicants browsing, Ameriflight is a company that takes on the risk of hiring inexperienced pilots and gives them their first real flying job. A chance to build time, experience and a line on a resumé. However, it is not a destination company... it is a stepping stone. The company knows this and for the most part, treats their pilots as such.

And they know it, in our first day of class they mentioned that. I was replying to the guy who was questioning whether to apply or not, not that it is a final stop in a pilot's career.

Jeepers 06-02-2021 04:42 PM

SLC
 
Anyone know if there will be openings in SLC anytime soon? Looking to move out west and potentially apply.

cfii2007 06-03-2021 09:43 AM


Originally Posted by Jeepers (Post 3244759)
Anyone know if there will be openings in SLC anytime soon? Looking to move out west and potentially apply.

I think they had a 99 opening in Seattle (BFI?)............

Gapilot 06-04-2021 07:12 PM

Possibly bring back the ACP?
 
I remember two to three years ago they rolled out a program for people that was between 800-1000 total time and short of the 1200 needed to get the Captain 135IFR. I remember it was called the Accelerated Captain Program. Was the program successful with the people they had brought in and what the possibilities of they bring that back again, especially with the increase of the airline hiring people and majors picking up as well.

frmrbuffdrvr 06-05-2021 10:34 AM


Originally Posted by Gapilot (Post 3245696)
I remember two to three years ago they rolled out a program for people that was between 800-1000 total time and short of the 1200 needed to get the Captain 135IFR. I remember it was called the Accelerated Captain Program. Was the program successful with the people they had brought in and what the possibilities of they bring that back again, especially with the increase of the airline hiring people and majors picking up as well.

The program still exists. The majority of these come in through the UPS Intern program. But we did have one just a couple of classes ago that was a street hire into the ACP program.

We also regularly hire into the right seat of the E120. Again, many of those are from UPS due to our partnership. But we do hire to that position off the street as well.

Gapilot 06-05-2021 10:55 AM


Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 3245926)
The program still exists. The majority of these come in through the UPS Intern program. But we did have one just a couple of classes ago that was a street hire into the ACP program.

We also regularly hire into the right seat of the E120. Again, many of those are from UPS due to our partnership. But we do hire to that position off the street as well.

Thanks for the information on the ACP program, it kind of a bummer that they are more going to UPS but understandable because of the contact they have with them and need to keep that pipeline flowing to them.

I check at least daily to see if there an opening for the FO especially hoping for the PDX location to pop up so that I can try for that spot.

frmrbuffdrvr 06-05-2021 11:12 AM


Originally Posted by Gapilot (Post 3245934)
Thanks for the information on the ACP program, it kind of a bummer that they are more going to UPS but understandable because of the contact they have with them and need to keep that pipeline flowing to them.

I check at least daily to see if there an opening for the FO especially hoping for the PDX location to pop up so that I can try for that spot.

The only FOs in PDX would be in the E120. Since there isn't a requirement for FOs in other airplanes, the only operations those are going to now are the Charter SA227s. We are taking FOs there in order to utilize 135.267 duty time rules for two crew. (10 hours flight time vs 8 for single pilot.) The Charters operate out of ELP and DFW for now.

Air Guitar 06-06-2021 10:57 AM

How many years are expected to go from UPS intern, to UPS FO?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:52 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands