Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

RogerUp 03-27-2021 07:23 AM


Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch (Post 3204867)
I believe the SIC PDP program now allows for that time to count towards the ATP mins. Obviously you’d have to be in the program and flying with the correct instructor captains. One of the newer 135 ops specs

Well noted. Thank you TeamSasquatch!

TeamSasquatch 03-27-2021 04:30 PM


Originally Posted by RogerUp (Post 3212129)
Well noted. Thank you TeamSasquatch!

Glad to help.

SFFH 04-03-2021 09:14 AM


Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 3211575)
Absolutely. We have 4 in training from the March Indoc class and 5 slated in the April class. Contact recruiting and get your stuff in.

Hi, will the BE99 instructor position afford me the same pathway and opportunities to become a part of the UPS Pathway program versus people who go to Ameriflight as CA or FOs? Thanks

frmrbuffdrvr 04-03-2021 11:33 AM


Originally Posted by SFFH (Post 3215973)
Hi, will the BE99 instructor position afford me the same pathway and opportunities to become a part of the UPS Pathway program versus people who go to Ameriflight as CA or FOs? Thanks

I'm assuming you are talking about hiring direct into the training department as an instructor?

It should. If anything it might even give you a leg up since you will have time as an instructor and then possibly a check airman. You will still need to fulfill other requirements, such as transition into a typed airplane at some point. But it definitely wouldn't be a hindrance.

DrSmacFum 04-04-2021 08:35 AM

Is PHX or BUR an easy base to get after being hired?

Thanks!

SFFH 04-04-2021 04:11 PM


Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 3216046)
I'm assuming you are talking about hiring direct into the training department as an instructor?

It should. If anything it might even give you a leg up since you will have time as an instructor and then possibly a check airman. You will still need to fulfill other requirements, such as transition into a typed airplane at some point. But it definitely wouldn't be a hindrance.

Thanks for your quick response. I was contacted to interview for their BE99 instructor position in Dallas. Pretty stoked about it!

chedrick 04-11-2021 09:51 PM

Is Ameriflight re-opening a Cincinnati base? I've noticed a couple line service and A&P jobs posted

SoFloFlyer 04-11-2021 10:53 PM

In today’s world, would y’all go to a regional if you had a BE99 position offered to you or would you take the TPIC time at Ameriflight instead of 121 time (not knowing exactly when you’d be in a class though)?

frmrbuffdrvr 04-12-2021 06:26 AM


Originally Posted by chedrick (Post 3220504)
Is Ameriflight re-opening a Cincinnati base? I've noticed a couple line service and A&P jobs posted

Short answer; Yes.

QRH Bingo 04-12-2021 06:42 AM


Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer (Post 3220508)
In today’s world, would y’all go to a regional if you had a BE99 position offered to you or would you take the TPIC time at Ameriflight instead of 121 time (not knowing exactly when you’d be in a class though)?

That is too broad a question, really. Does this pertain specifically to you? Or just curious?

One would need to compare the two as they are two different animals and see which one fits best. Also need to look ahead, 2, 5, 10 years to where that person would LIKE to be (of course we all know anything can happen)

Ameriflight; Home every night with a Consistent Schedule (typically), average pay, older planes, usually quick aircraft upgrades (even faster if you’re willing to move), plenty of jump seat privileges (only for employee not for family), employee paid KCM, possible to join UPS/United pathway programs (but know United’s “aviate” will still require you to fly regionals anyway), currently the box market seems to be less affected by market swings and more stable...

Regional; Schedule will change month to month, away from home multiple days at a time, lots of reserve time in beginning, pay varies but a regional Captain will make more than Ameriflight, jump seat privileges slightly better for you but also include non-rev options for family, possible flow programs based on who you fly for, less job stability...

I’m sure there are others to add but there’s a start.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:16 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands