Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Wildflyin 04-14-2021 05:02 AM

And wood paneling!

Swakid8 04-14-2021 07:39 AM

Take the job that is in the hand. So if you were offered a class date at AMF. Go AMF and not look back at your decision. There will be opportunities to gain 121 time in the future.

SoFloFlyer 04-14-2021 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Swakid8 (Post 3221512)
Take the job that is in the hand. So if you were offered a class date at AMF. Go AMF and not look back at your decision. There will be opportunities to gain 121 time in the future.

Thats what I’ve been hearing. Technically, the job in hand is a regional. Just need my time. Guess I’ll shoot an app out whenever a BE99 position is open.

Meep 04-14-2021 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer (Post 3220508)
In today’s world, would y’all go to a regional if you had a BE99 position offered to you or would you take the TPIC time at Ameriflight instead of 121 time (not knowing exactly when you’d be in a class though)?

Go to the regional......unless you spend a really long time flying 135 freight, you’re still going to spend time at the regionals.

SFFH 04-14-2021 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Meep (Post 3221586)
Go to the regional......unless you spend a really long time flying 135 freight, you’re still going to spend time at the regionals.

What if one’s goal is go to UPS?

Freightpilot299 04-14-2021 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by SFFH (Post 3221623)
What if one’s goal is go to UPS?

Good luck, if you’re not an intern they’ve cut down on the people that’ll interview with UPS. And if you are an intern or are in the program you will be delayed as much as possible by Ameriflight. One of the reasons I got out of there. They’ll delay your ATP which you need for the flow, delay training events, delay upgrades, delay or refuse training captain (which you need now basically to go to ups at all unless you were in the program prior to last year). It’s doable but it’s not what it used to be and expect frustration and delays as much as Ameriflight can give you. And you’ll need a perfect record as well so you better be good at single pilot IFR under pressure and fatigue for at least 4 years or more.

EMAW 04-18-2021 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Freightpilot299 (Post 3221639)
Good luck, if you’re not an intern they’ve cut down on the people that’ll interview with UPS. And if you are an intern or are in the program you will be delayed as much as possible by Ameriflight. One of the reasons I got out of there. They’ll delay your ATP which you need for the flow, delay training events, delay upgrades, delay or refuse training captain (which you need now basically to go to ups at all unless you were in the program prior to last year). It’s doable but it’s not what it used to be and expect frustration and delays as much as Ameriflight can give you. And you’ll need a perfect record as well so you better be good at single pilot IFR under pressure and fatigue for at least 4 years or more.

Ah, the glamour of being a freight dawg.

Gapilot 04-20-2021 11:15 PM

FO on the EMB 120

Curious if there any current pilot that works the PDX base or know of possible information. I put in for an FO position for the MT location but was asked about the GEG location. They asked if I was willing to relocate, which I was honest that it not possible but I could do a travel to the GEG because I live near PDX.

the lady suggested I apply for the PDX position in the future. So I am wondering if they are planning to open a spot for the FO there soon? I am hoping to get the opportunity to be hired with Ameriflight. I had two pilots that worked/are currently working for them and have said it the best experience they have so far.

thanks for any info. If you need to you can message me if you don’t want to message on the board. Thanks again.

SoFloFlyer 04-21-2021 06:17 AM

What plane flies out of SAT?

frmrbuffdrvr 04-22-2021 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer (Post 3224644)
What plane flies out of SAT?

We have BE1900s and one SA227 that regularly operate through SAT. All runs are "outstation" based, operating Monday night through Friday morning (for the SA227) or Saturday morning (for the three BE1900s; MAF, CRP & DRT).