Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

927A 02-26-2019 02:13 PM

Guys, thanks so much for the information. Its been extremely helpful.

I have some questions about the ACP.
How often are those hired vs the FOs? What is their flight time like vs the FO position?
I understand the FOs have a 5 on 2 off schedule, are ACPs the same?
What are the bases and which hires most often?
Which, if any, of the hiring minimums are flexible?

frmrbuffdrvr 02-27-2019 09:36 AM


Originally Posted by 927A (Post 2770986)
Guys, thanks so much for the information. Its been extremely helpful.

I have some questions about the ACP.
How often are those hired vs the FOs? What is their flight time like vs the FO position?
I understand the FOs have a 5 on 2 off schedule, are ACPs the same?
What are the bases and which hires most often?
Which, if any, of the hiring minimums are flexible?

ACPs are hired by when we have available class space and candidates with the time to fill them.
Flight time is comparable. The big difference is there are no assigned bases for the ACP candidates. Instead, they are moved around to get them their required time to reach 1000 hours total time as expeditiously as possible. They are trained as FOs in the BE1900 (currently) and the highest time runs for that are the Albany run out of SDF/CVG and the runs in DFW and SJU. They are UPS schedules, which means M-F (some are M PM - Sa AM.) Once the ACP is approaching 1000 hours, they can bid for any open BE99 run. They initially will be restricted IFR captains in the BE99 and will be sent to where they can best be utilized with their weather restrictions. But once they reach 1200 hours and become unrestricted captains, they will relocate to their awarded base.

kaputt 02-28-2019 12:50 PM


Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2764677)
Depends on how long you are talking. The FOs are a required crew member in the E120, so we don't force folks to upgrade like we do with the ACP first officers. We know some pilots are looking to go from here to the regionals and the E120 FO option is a good way to do that. But you need to realize that for us, it is also a way to bring lower time pilots up into our captain ranks so we want to keep a turn over going. So we won't force you to move up when you hit 1200 hours. But if you are over 1200 and your recurrent training is coming due, we will have to look long and hard at whether we want to spend the money keeping you current when we figure you are close to leaving or if we want to spend that to train a new pilot to take the slot.

Thanks, makes sense.

What do you guys look for in a E120 FO candidate? There are probably lots of 500 hour folks wanting to get on, so what resume bullets will set someone apart and make them competitive?

frmrbuffdrvr 03-01-2019 07:09 AM

For those who have asked about the AMF to UPS Gateway program, the first two AMF pilots to be enrolled in the program have interviewed and been offered positions with UPS. Now they are just waiting for a class date.

If you are interested, check out the link below or talk with an Ameriflight pilot recruiter.

https://w3.ameriflight.com/ups-flightpathii/

FlyAb969w 03-01-2019 07:35 AM

Just wondering when the next class date might be coming up for captains and if any BE99 locations maybe available soon?

frmrbuffdrvr 03-01-2019 08:56 AM


Originally Posted by FlyAb969w (Post 2772779)
Just wondering when the next class date might be coming up for captains and if any BE99 locations maybe available soon?

We have classes every month and we are always needing BE99 captains to replace the ones that move up to our Metros and BE1900s as well as those who move on to other operations.

As for specific BE99 openings, you would do best to contact our recruiting department.

USMCFLYR 03-01-2019 10:24 AM


Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2772758)
For those who have asked about the AMF to UPS Gateway program, the first two AMF pilots to be enrolled in the program have interviewed and been offered positions with UPS. Now they are just waiting for a class date.

If you are interested, check out the link below or talk with an Ameriflight pilot recruiter.

https://w3.ameriflight.com/ups-flightpathii/

Since that program required them to start from the beginning (not open to current AMF employees at th time correct?) and then to gain enough experience at AMF to meet all of the requirements for UPS (the UPS hiring mis remain the same correct?) - it seems quick to have started the program from scratch to already waiting for a class with UPS.

Can you lay out the timeline a little clearer and whatever information about the experience of the AMF pilots selected when they were hired and the experience of when they were selected at UPS?

frmrbuffdrvr 03-01-2019 01:12 PM


Originally Posted by USMCFLYR (Post 2772891)
Since that program required them to start from the beginning (not open to current AMF employees at th time correct?) and then to gain enough experience at AMF to meet all of the requirements for UPS (the UPS hiring mis remain the same correct?) - it seems quick to have started the program from scratch to already waiting for a class with UPS.

Can you lay out the timeline a little clearer and whatever information about the experience of the AMF pilots selected when they were hired and the experience of when they were selected at UPS?

No, these two were hired through the program open to existing AMF pilots. They were able to start at the final phase due to their current experience and positions at AMF.

You are talking about the UPS Intern program. The first two from that are just now training into type rated aircraft.

Here is the info on the UPS Intern program. These pilots start at UPS, then come to AMF then back to UPS after they reach certain benchmarks.

https://w3.ameriflight.com/ups-flightpathi/

USMCFLYR 03-01-2019 03:17 PM


Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2772994)
No, these two were hired through the program open to existing AMF pilots. They were able to start at the final phase due to their current experience and positions at AMF.

You are talking about the UPS Intern program. The first two from that are just now training into type rated aircraft.

Here is the info on the UPS Intern program. These pilots start at UPS, then come to AMF then back to UPS after they reach certain benchmarks.

https://w3.ameriflight.com/ups-flightpathi/

Copy all of that.

Glad to hear that there is path for current AMF pilots.

SDFflyboy 03-07-2019 02:50 PM

General question for Ameriflight pilots.

What is your typical flying schedule? M-F every week. 3wk on 1wk off?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:33 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands