Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

TeamSasquatch 04-12-2019 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by ZippyNH (Post 2801981)
If you read the website...it has an interesting piece of info on modifications that the "D" REQUIRED,, unlike the "b" and "c".

EMERGENCY EXIT DOOR REMOVAL​​​​

- NEW PILOT EMERGENCY EXIT DOOR

I am guessing the extra $$ to convert them, the much higher fuel burn than the B/C killed the program for most operators.

Sounds like a big project to get the STC (based on the text box they have on the website). I’d guess the volume of the 1900D would help to recoupe some of the cost. Probably would need to acquire and convert a good number to make it pan out.

ZippyNH 04-13-2019 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by ComingInHot (Post 2801932)
Hi everyone,

new member here, have been reading for a while for a while though.

Truly interested in flying for Ameriflight, seems like a great company with some fun flying!

Finally I have enough hours to qualify for a FO position at Ameriflight. Currently I am a CFI/ CFII at 550h TT, living in San Diego.

I do have some questions and I would appreciate if some of you could give me some answers: (of course the only position I would qualify for is the EMB 120 FO position)

-
  • How likely is it to get ONT right away currently?
  • Could I continue living in San Diego if I get ONT or is that too far away? (I know that you have to live within 1.5 hours of your base)
  • Realistically how many hours per month does a FO get out of ONT?
  • Do the hours as a FO on the EMB 120 count towards your ATP?
  • How long is a work day usually/ when does it start & end? (If I understand correctly its Monday through Friday, so I would be home every evening)
  • Is there a training contract for the captain positions on the BE99 once I have enough hours to upgrade?

Thank you for any insight you may have :)

A bit of info for ya... "freightdogs" can provide much more specific info... hopefully he will chime in. Most of the info I give you and MUCH more is in the preceding pages....
As I understand it, no training contract for the EMB-120 copilot, and if I recall right, they are assigned as "system" pilots as opposed to a bid location...so are sent where needed for assignments as the open up... honestly not bad, since you won't get stuck on a short, low time run...and more variety of locations to help you learn.
Once you get the time to upgrade, the length of the contract (if there is one) will depend upon your flight time...if you start below 135 minimums, there will be one...on a bit if a sliding scale depending on the amount of time you need to ride along to qualify as PIC.
I won't speak of the ONT situation...I have dropped in and flown through there for a few weeks at a time, but honestly, most locations are places you are going to want to live pretty close due to limited time spent there at night...think they MIGHT rotate routes with a "out and back" that doesn't have to wait the typically PM return.

FreightDogs 04-15-2019 06:06 AM

Hi everyone,

Truly interested in flying for Ameriflight, seems like a great company with some fun flying!

Finally I have enough hours to qualify for a FO position at Ameriflight. Currently I am a CFI/ CFII at 550h TT, living in San Diego.

I do have some questions and I would appreciate if some of you could give me some answers: (of course the only position I would qualify for is the EMB 120 FO position)

-
  • Could I continue living in San Diego if I get ONT or is that too far away? (I know that you have to live within 1.5 hours of your base)
  • How long is a work day usually/ when does it start & end? (If I understand correctly its Monday through Friday, so I would be home every evening)
  • Is there a training contract for the captain positions on the BE99 once I have enough hours to upgrade?

Hopefully, I can answer some of these questions for you:
1. For EMB120 First Officer positions, you choose/agree upon the base before you even sign the offer letter. So you can put your app in and wait for ONT to open, if you'd like. This position (EMB120 FO) is one where you have to live near the base and fly out of that base until you transition/upgrade.
2. We wouldn't advise it. I believe it's a two-drive and you'd have to make that twice a day (to and from), five days a week.
3. For the EMB120 ONT route, you'd get 30 flight hours per month.
4. Yes, the hours as an EMB120 First Officer count toward your ATP.
5. For the ONT route, I have it at 0730 to 1800, Monday through Friday.
6. There is not a training contract for BE99 Captains. Or any position other than the ACP FOs.

Obviously, 30 flight hours per month is a bit low. To ease that, we are giving the option to switch to the Accelerated Captain Program when you reach those mins - 750 TT. So at 500 TT, you could become an EMB120 FO and if it's a low time route, you could switch to an ACP FO at 750 TT (so after about 8 months). As an ACP FO, you'd live wherever you'd like and we'd fly you to your assignment anywhere in our system (high timed routes to get you to Captain mins asap). At 1,000 TT, you'd become a restricted BE99 Captain and at 1,200 TT, you'd become an unrestricted, regular BE99 Captain. At that point, you'd have to pick a base again. That would be your base for at least six months wherein you could bid another location, if you'd like.

Hope that helps!

frmrbuffdrvr 04-15-2019 09:48 AM

Hi everyone,

-

The FO hours in the E120 do count toward your ATP as the aircraft certification makes it a required crew member position. If you switch to the ACP program, the right seat hours you acquire there would not count toward your ATP hours. So there is a trade off. If you are planning to stay and acquire PIC time or go through one of our Gateway programs, it wouldn't matter much. But if you are thinking of going 121 as soon as you hit 1500, then staying in the E120 might be your better plan.

ComingInHot 04-16-2019 12:17 PM

Thank you guys for all your replies, I appreciate the Insight!

Few more questions:

How long does it usually take to get the hours in the ACP program and upgrade to captain?

If I understand correctly I could live in San Diego in the ACP program?

How likely is it to get San Diego as a BE99 captain after finishing the ACP program?

How many hours per month does a BE99 captain get out of KSAN?

Is commuting possible at all in case I would not get KSAN right away and would have to wait another 6 month to choose again?

Could I come in as a restricted captain on the BE99 at a 1000h or do you only hire them as unrestricted captains at 1200h?

How long is the training contract for the ACP program? Does the time starts counting when you start as a FO or when you're upgrading to captain?

How much is the buy out amount if you wanted to leave the contract early?

Sorry for all the questions and again thank you for answering them in depth!

Cheers

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

talon38 04-16-2019 08:13 PM

SA-227 Burbank

I’ve tried to find the answer to this question within this thread, but I’ve had no luck.

Is the 2500TT for the Metro a hard minimum? I’m already flying the BE-99 and will be near 2000TT by the end of this year. I already work for a company owned by AMF and am considering moving to AMF.

b3181981 04-16-2019 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by ComingInHot (Post 2803969)

Few more questions:

How long does it usually take to get the hours in the ACP program and upgrade to captain?

How likely is it to get San Diego as a BE99 captain after finishing the ACP program?

Is commuting possible at all in case I would not get KSAN right away and would have to wait another 6 month to choose again?

Could I come in as a restricted captain on the BE99 at a 1000h or do you only hire them as unrestricted captains at 1200h?

How long is the training contract for the ACP program? Does the time starts counting when you start as a FO or when you're upgrading to captain?

Cheers

From reading your posts, it sounds like you just want to use ameriflight to get to atp mins and bail. "Thanks for the training, I'm out regional airlines here I come."

ComingInHot 04-16-2019 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by b3181981 (Post 2804156)
From reading your posts, it sounds like you just want to use ameriflight to get to atp mins and bail. "Thanks for the training, I'm out regional airlines here I come."

Honestly I just want to keep all my options open and know what to expect ahead of time before getting locked in.
Sorry if it came off rude, like I said I do think ameriflight is a great company and I have heard many good things!

BravoPapa 04-16-2019 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by b3181981 (Post 2804156)

Duh. That's why a lot of pilots go there. And Ameriflight understands that.

FreightDogs 04-17-2019 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by ComingInHot (Post 2803969)

Few more questions:

Cheers

1. It depends on your hours when you start the program, but usually 4-6 months. (An example: we have two pilots who came to Ameriflight in the January InDoc class as ACP FOs. Since then, they completed training and flew on some of our highest timed routes - PR for example. They will be heading to upgrade class in the middle of May to become BE99 Captains.)
2. Yes. In the ACP program, you live wherever you'd like. We send you from the nearest airport to any of our bases to fly our highest timed routes (in order to get you to Captain mins quickly).
3. It all depends on timing. We only have one route atm out of San Diego. It's a BE99 route, which is a plus for you. It would just depend on when that current pilot is transitioning to larger equipment, leaving, or just wants to move. You could probably guesstimate by comparing BE99 mins to BE1900 mins, though.
4. Atm, only 30+ flight hours per month on that one.
5. Commuting is not really possible with our schedule. But a more thorough look on your current situation can be given by a recruiter during the application process. TDY or ONT might be an option if SAN is not open - again something to speak with your recruiter about when the time comes.
6. Yes, you could be a BE99 restricted Captain at 1,000 TT. But you'd have to be an ACP FO with us first. Our waiver from the FAA allows us to put Captains in the BE99 at 1,000 TT, but only if they are first a First Officer with us for at least 50 flight hours.
7. It's a ladder contract based on flight hours flown with AMF, not time. It's based on 1,200 flight hours with every 400 hours being worth $5,000 as our training costs us about $15,000 per pilot. The reason: the ACP positions are not required. It's just AMF helping the pilot get hours and up to Captain mins. Therefore we contract the pilot to stay for awhile.
8. Based on the ladder above.

Hope that helps!