Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

hal9thousand 04-21-2019 10:22 AM

Emb120 training
 
Just looking for some insight into the training for fo on the emb120. Iím hearing that it is quite difficult. Any insight about the training, success rate and also any tips how to be successful in that training are greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone.

frmrbuffdrvr 04-22-2019 07:46 AM


Originally Posted by ZippyNH (Post 2806224)
Depends on your experience...
An experience captain might be able to be home-based if a position is open....so 2200-2500+ hrs.
Others would really need you move to a base since the AMF schedule is not really commutable.

I heard we aren't hiring home based captains any more. Not a cost effective business model for our type of schedule.

DeeDee214 04-22-2019 06:08 PM

I have a few questions pertaining to the Accelerated Captain Program.

1. Does there need to be a specific ACP hiring announcement to apply?

2. I understand ACP pilots are sent anywhere in the system to get hours fast but are they assigned a specific airframe throughout the program? If so, does the pilot get any choice?

3. This question is moot if the answer to the question above is no, but...if an ACP pilot is specific to a particular airframe, will they upgrade to that airframe when meeting 135 IFR minimums? For example, the pilot spends ACP in a B1900 then gets their hours. Will they stay on as a 1900 captain or transition over to the 99?

4. Given that ACP pilots are not assigned a base, are they free to live anywhere prior to hitting 135 minimums and assignment to a base or must they already live near a base? Do "ACP Graduates" have any choice in base assignment?



Thanks!!

frmrbuffdrvr 04-22-2019 08:09 PM


Originally Posted by DeeDee214 (Post 2807181)
I have a few questions pertaining to the Accelerated Captain Program.

1. Does there need to be a specific ACP hiring announcement to apply?

2. I understand ACP pilots are sent anywhere in the system to get hours fast but are they assigned a specific airframe throughout the program? If so, does the pilot get any choice?

3. This question is moot if the answer to the question above is no, but...if an ACP pilot is specific to a particular airframe, will they upgrade to that airframe when meeting 135 IFR minimums? For example, the pilot spends ACP in a B1900 then gets their hours. Will they stay on as a 1900 captain or transition over to the 99?

4. Given that ACP pilots are not assigned a base, are they free to live anywhere prior to hitting 135 minimums and assignment to a base or must they already live near a base? Do "ACP Graduates" have any choice in base assignment?



Thanks!!

FreightDogs will have to answer the first question. But for the rest,

For now all ACP FOs start out as SIC in the BE1900 and then transition to the BE99 when they get captain minimums. Until you hit 1200 hours and are assigned to a permanent base (which you can bid for once you hit 1000 hours) you can live wherever you choose. We will cover travel and lodging at the base we have you flying at. At 1000 hours TT (and a minimum 50 hours in the ACP program) you will become a Restricted IFR Captain in the BE99 and can submit a bid for any open BE99 position in the company. Once you reach 1200 hours, you will be expected to move to the base for the position you bid as an Unrestricted IFR Captain. From there you are welcome to bid for any other position (type rated equipment, etc) which you become eligible and qualified for.

FreightDogs 04-23-2019 09:01 AM


Originally Posted by DeeDee214 (Post 2807181)
I have a few questions pertaining to the Accelerated Captain Program.

1. Does there need to be a specific ACP hiring announcement to apply?

Hi, there!

We don't typically make a hiring announcement for that position.
We have a backlog of applicants for it (hot position), so we can usually hire without posting. (Not to say that we never do. In February, we had the position open on our careers website - www.ameriflight.com/careers - for about two weeks.)
If you do meet the mins, though, I'd advise just shooting an email over to our First Officer recruiter with your resume (updated flight times) and earliest month availability you can start. Name: Kacie Freeman | Email: [email protected]

Hope that helps!

DeeDee214 04-23-2019 11:52 AM

Thank you both for the info as well as all the time and effort you take making this thread so useful.

frmrbuffdrvr 04-29-2019 01:08 PM


Originally Posted by DeeDee214 (Post 2807575)
Thank you both for the info as well as all the time and effort you take making this thread so useful.

Are you military by chance? Just looking at your handle.

DeeDee214 04-29-2019 06:40 PM


Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2811020)
Are you military by chance? Just looking at your handle.


I am...at least until I retire this August after 20 years active duty Coast Guard :). I'm not a military aviator though. I was a line guy as a teen and used everything I earned to solo at 16, PPL at 17, and commercial at 18. Joined the USCG for money to finish my ratings and ride out the time till I turned 23 for my ATP then 9/11 happened.


Got back into flying three years ago and have been banner towing part time since. Just got an IPC and take my ME check ride Wednesday. I should have around 1000 hours by the time I start seriously applying for jobs around June/July-ish.

frmrbuffdrvr 05-09-2019 08:54 AM

Bumping this back to the first page because there have been a couple of new threads started that probably would have been answered here if they had seen it.

egothrasher 05-14-2019 01:58 PM

I was wondering if anyone had experience or knew about how many hours a month does an FO receive in the Spokane, WA base. I see figures like 40-80 being tossed around, would love to hear from first hand though if possible.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:27 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands