Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Gapilot 03-10-2022 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by STK63L (Post 3386110)
Did you ever hear anything back?

So far haven’t gotten a call or an email for a second interview or job offer yet. I am really hoping they will call back because I would love to get the PDX location.

Continuingappch 04-02-2022 05:19 PM

3%

Originally Posted by Gapilot (Post 3386826)
So far haven’t gotten a call or an email for a second interview or job offer yet. I am really hoping they will call back because I would love to get the PDX location.

Pretty much laughable but a 3% pay raise just announced. Hey, it's something tangible, they're trying...

Gapilot 05-13-2022 07:03 AM

Lot of Captains opening

Is ameriflight having a hard time now keeping captains in the cargo flying? I been seeing a lot of opening for captains position.

I was wonder If regionals are starting to pull more from cargo ops with lot of majors now taking up pilots.

Continuingappch 05-14-2022 03:27 AM

Regionals are taking anybody with a pulse and opposable thumbs, but of course the pay is dismal. AMF pays Captains on the type-rated equipment better - but will need to take more steps to be staffed for peak.

foxtroutuniform 05-14-2022 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Continuingappch;[url=tel:3422284
3422284[/url]]Regionals are taking anybody with a pulse and opposable thumbs, but of course the pay is dismal. AMF pays Captains on the type-rated equipment better - but will need to take more steps to be staffed for peak.

Regional F.O. pay is pretty close to 99 Captain pay with alot better quality of life. Regional Capt in 18 months you are doing better than type rated Capt. Multiple guys getting hired at legacies with a couple hundred 121 TPIC. Type rated pay probably needs to be bumped, check out key limes rates!

SA227614AV 07-07-2022 02:52 PM

Hello . The company website says you are home every night during the week . Could someone be kind enough to let me know on average or in reality, how much time you actually are at home ?
Thanks in advance .

QRH Bingo 07-07-2022 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by SA227614AV (Post 3456503)
Hello . The company website says you are home every night during the week . Could someone be kind enough to let me know on average or in reality, how much time you actually are at home ?
Thanks in advance .

I'm not there anymore, but I'm sure it's all the same still. It depends on what equipment you fly, base you're in, route you're assigned, etc. Care to shed some light on a specific location/equipment you're eying?

You could be home every night if on a scheduled run. Or, if you're outstation based, home every "day". Or on the charter side, gone for 5 days. Or sent out of base to help out somewhere and gone for 1-2 weeks. But yes, it is very possible to be home at night which is one reason why there are a few people there long term.

SA227614AV 07-08-2022 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by QRH Bingo (Post 3456561)
I'm not there anymore, but I'm sure it's all the same still. It depends on what equipment you fly, base you're in, route you're assigned, etc. Care to shed some light on a specific location/equipment you're eying?

You could be home every night if on a scheduled run. Or, if you're outstation based, home every "day". Or on the charter side, gone for 5 days. Or sent out of base to help out somewhere and gone for 1-2 weeks. But yes, it is very possible to be home at night which is one reason why there are a few people there long term.

Thanks very much for the response . GEG , PDX and possibly PHX are the preferred domiciles . I am type rated in the SA227 so that would be first choice and EMB 120 a second choice. Otherwise , I would be more interested in getting the domicile as opposed to the airplane .
Thanks again .

MinRest 07-08-2022 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Continuingappch (Post 3422284)
Regionals are taking anybody with a pulse and opposable thumbs, but of course the pay is dismal. AMF pays Captains on the type-rated equipment better - but will need to take more steps to be staffed for peak.

This couldn't be more incorrect.

Continuingappch 07-09-2022 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by SA227614AV (Post 3456821)
Thanks very much for the response . GEG , PDX and possibly PHX are the preferred domiciles . I am type rated in the SA227 so that would be first choice and EMB 120 a second choice. Otherwise , I would be more interested in getting the domicile as opposed to the airplane .
Thanks again .

E-120 open at GEG and PHX right now