Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

endlessnight 04-13-2018 03:16 PM


Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2571679)
We bring in VFR Chieftains at 750TT and only for our ABQ base.
We're retiring Chieftains and will likely have an all-turbine fleet by the end of this year, but still using VFR Chieftains until then.
(All VFR Chieftain pilots will be transitioned to BE99 Captains.)

Why are they VFR? I'm flying a Chieftain now and we fly it IFR 135. Seems to work.

dash3t 04-13-2018 03:45 PM

VFR Because of the pilots flight time requirements being less than IFR 135 mins, not because of aircraft limitation i believe.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

PT6 Flyer 04-13-2018 06:25 PM

FreightDogs,

Thanks for the info.

Iregretnothing 04-14-2018 12:07 PM

Any Home Based Captains on the 1900/Metro care to send me a PM about life at AMF? In addition to a general overview about how you like the job I would appreciate info on how many hours you actually fly as a home based CA. How many opportunities are there to fly more than the published schedule? How was training, etc. Thanks.

ECMO4 04-17-2018 06:51 AM


Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2571679)
We bring in VFR Chieftains at 750TT and only for our ABQ base.
We're retiring Chieftains and will likely have an all-turbine fleet by the end of this year, but still using VFR Chieftains until then.
(All VFR Chieftain pilots will be transitioned to BE99 Captains.)

Well, there goes that plan. Will ABQ stay BE99 heavy or do you see an opportunity to bring in some of the other airframes for FO opportunities?

FreightDogs 04-17-2018 01:36 PM


Originally Posted by ECMO4 (Post 2574000)
Well, there goes that plan. Will ABQ stay BE99 heavy or do you see an opportunity to bring in some of the other airframes for FO opportunities?

We have ACP FO opportunities in our BE99s in ABQ.
Also, we are seeing some demand to upgrade routes, so that's an option, as well!

frmrbuffdrvr 04-19-2018 02:34 PM


Originally Posted by acam (Post 2571465)
Can somebody provide a sample schedule for PHX and/or DFW (typical routes, flight times)? I am assuming its BE-99 for new hires.

I don't have the PHX schedule but I can tell you about DFW. There are two BE99 runs out of DFW. They both operate from Monday evening through Friday morning. Tu-Th they operate out to their outstations and layover at a hotel. The run to Pampa TX logs about 16-18 hours per week and the run to Vernon TX logs roughly 10-12 hours per week.

SoFloFlyer 04-19-2018 08:54 PM

Whatís an average amount of flight time one can expect a month? Iím looking to go the 135 route, but also want to a good amount of hours a month and quality flying under my belt.

FlightLife 04-20-2018 06:04 AM

SLC
 
Since we're on the topic of bases, SLC looks like a good one looking in from the outside. It appears to have a diverse route structure and fleet based on the route map and job openings. From what I can see, a pilot can start in a 99 and progress all the way to the 120 if he/she so desired. Can anyone elaborate on this base? I'm specifically interested in a BE99 position/routes/schedule.

Thanks.

FlightLife 04-20-2018 06:12 AM


Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer (Post 2576196)
Whatís an average amount of flight time one can expect a month? Iím looking to go the 135 route, but also want to a good amount of hours a month and quality flying under my belt.

Their job postings advertise an average of 60 hours per month or 720/year.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:46 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands