Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

FreightDogs 04-11-2018 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Selfmade92 (Post 2569890)
What's the pay for the captain accelerated program on the BE99? Same as the Captain or same as E120 F/O?

Here's the pay layout:
While an FO in the program - $31,000
While a restricted Captain in the program - $44,000
While a regular unrestricted Captain in the program - $44,000

Selfmade92 04-11-2018 02:43 PM

sounds good, i've sent in my app :D

endlessnight 04-11-2018 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
What chain of custody is in place if the loaded load incorrectly? Is UPS training these drivers and helpers to properly load a given aircraft? I would imagine the pilot would still be canned if the plane was loaded incorrectly because they have the ultimate responsibility. Seems like a dangerous liability.

The pilot supervises the loading for weight and balance reasons.
If we take a delay or cancellation because the pilot believes the job to have been done incorrectly, we do not blame the pilot and instead will likely put him in our safety spotlight.

I would think that the pilot would/should want to supervise the loading, I know I did, when I flew package freight. Do you want to trust your life and aircraft to an unknown person that UPS may just have hired who may be totally unfamiliar with airplanes?

SonicFlyer 04-11-2018 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2570076)
Here's the pay layout:
While an FO in the program - $31,000
While a restricted Captain in the program - $44,000
While a regular unrestricted Captain in the program - $44,000

Is there crew housing in the bases? Meaning are there apartments where single crew members can get an apartment or house together or something like that?

Iregretnothing 04-12-2018 05:19 AM

Are the home basing positions still available for the Metroliner? The website is only showing it for the 1900.

PT6 Flyer 04-12-2018 07:29 AM

Does AMF still hire VFR-only Chieftain captains at 500 hours? Or has that increased? Does AMF even still have a program for VFR-only 500-hour Chieftain captains?

acam 04-13-2018 08:09 AM

PHX and DFW schedule

Can somebody provide a sample schedule for PHX and/or DFW (typical routes, flight times)? I am assuming its BE-99 for new hires.

8ballfreight 04-13-2018 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2569297)
Its not about being negative, it is about the way responsibility is placed. No training, no oversight. UPS lies and puts 500 extra pounds of cargo in a bay and drops the tail. Who gets in trouble?

It is an honest question, but given your response, I can see the old guard alive and well.

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2569735)
The pilot supervises the loading for weight and balance reasons.
If we take a delay or cancellation because the pilot believes the job to have been done incorrectly, we do not blame the pilot and instead will likely put him in our safety spotlight.

The man has a point and is not to be taken lightly by line pilots.
UPS hubs had dedicated people incorrectly loading AMF planes long before part-time drivers took over.

I had my routine hub guy load double the aft section limit. It took me and the FO to keep the thing from becoming a fire ball at the end of the runway. Yes I supervised the load. Supervise does not mean handle every package loaded to verify the loader isn't lying to you.

FreightDogs 04-13-2018 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Iregretnothing (Post 2570513)
Are the home basing positions still available for the Metroliner? The website is only showing it for the 1900.

For the Home-Based Metro position, apply to this one: Captain SA227 Metroliner 20000 hiring bonuses - Careers At Ameriflight, LLC
It's "multiple locations."

When you speak with a recruiter, they'll verify where you want to go and if you need to be Home-Based.

Hope that helps!

FreightDogs 04-13-2018 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by PT6 Flyer (Post 2570666)
Does AMF still hire VFR-only Chieftain captains at 500 hours? Or has that increased? Does AMF even still have a program for VFR-only 500-hour Chieftain captains?

We bring in VFR Chieftains at 750TT and only for our ABQ base.
We're retiring Chieftains and will likely have an all-turbine fleet by the end of this year, but still using VFR Chieftains until then.
(All VFR Chieftain pilots will be transitioned to BE99 Captains.)