Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

standardrate 04-26-2018 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer (Post 2580360)
Is the 99 turbine? Must be a really fun plane to fly!

yeah but slow

FreightDogs 04-26-2018 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bellair (Post 2580218)
Accepted a job offer today for the June 4th class for the99 out of SLC. I’m excited to start.

I know the 99 has a ton of routes out of slc, I was wondering what lines are JR and what lines are SR?

Thank you in advance ����

Rang the bell for you yesterday! :)

own nav 04-27-2018 02:07 PM

Accepted a job offer today for the June 4th class for the99 out of SLC. I’m excited to start.

I know the 99 has a ton of routes out of slc, I was wondering what lines are JR and what lines are SR?

Thank you in advance 👍🏻

Sadly, not as many 99 routes (AMF SLC) as there used to be. There is PUC-VEL, ELY-WMC, BYI-SUN, and RXE (which is a spare airplane that could go anywhere it is needed to cover excess volume). Sometimes RKS is covered by a BE99.

Recent schedules have the BE99 pilots flying a mix of routes throughout the week, whereas the type rated pilots are more likely to stick with the same route throughout the week. There has been a lot of movement, so seniority and upgrades can come quick. There were openings on all 3 type rated aircraft this last bid period.

Hope that helps. Congrats, and see you around.

FlightLife 04-27-2018 04:17 PM

Thank you in advance 👍🏻

So, you're the reason the BE99 SLC job disappeared. Oh, well. I'm sure another will open up soon enough. Congrats!

FlightLife 04-27-2018 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by own nav (Post 2581662)
Sadly, not as many 99 routes (AMF SLC) as there used to be. There is PUC-VEL, ELY-WMC, BYI-SUN, and RXE (which is a spare airplane that could go anywhere it is needed to cover excess volume). Sometimes RKS is covered by a BE99.

Recent schedules have the BE99 pilots flying a mix of routes throughout the week, whereas the type rated pilots are more likely to stick with the same route throughout the week. There has been a lot of movement, so seniority and upgrades can come quick. There were openings on all 3 type rated aircraft this last bid period.

Thanks again for the info. That mix of BE99 routes actually sounds appealing to me, rather than flying the same thing day in and day out.

Lusher 04-27-2018 08:06 PM

Sent you a PM FreightDogs.

Bellair 04-27-2018 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2580509)
Rang the bell for you yesterday! :)

Thanks again freightDogs for answering all my questions, and helping me with the application process. You have been a huge help.

Bellair 04-27-2018 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by FlightLife (Post 2581776)
So, you're the reason the BE99 SLC job disappeared. Oh, well. I'm sure another will open up soon enough. Congrats!

Haha I guess so! I saw your interest and I had to beat you to it 😜

Bellair 04-27-2018 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by own nav (Post 2581662)

It’s does! Thanks for the reply.

Are you based out of SLC?

SoFloFlyer 04-28-2018 08:15 AM

Seems like the schedules company wide are not commutable? Maybe I’m missing something? I was looking at the 120 FO position and it seems like I would have to relocate from south Florida or get a crash pad to be able to do accept that position when the time came. Any truth to this?