Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

PILOTO74 02-06-2017 06:29 PM


Originally Posted by kcartwright27 (Post 2293505)
Does that seem odd to you ?

Got a "type rating" for SIC privileges only from CAE and flew part 91, is that something odd or wrong?? Im not allow to log that time?? thanks for the help.

PILOTO74 02-06-2017 06:30 PM


Originally Posted by own nav (Post 2293501)
Yes, you will likely get PHX if you make it a condition of employment, yes they provide a hotel (in a few cases a company apartment) on an all day layover. No, you don't get per diem unless you are away from your base for more than 24 hours (ie TDY).

Thanks for the info!!

Jetlife 02-06-2017 06:42 PM


Originally Posted by PILOTO74 (Post 2296321)
Got a "type rating" for SIC privileges only from CAE and flew part 91, is that something odd or wrong?? Im not allow to log that time?? thanks for the help.

The 100 is a single pilot airplane. My guess since you were part 91 that you didn't have any Op Specs requiring an SIC as a required crew member. So no, you shouldn't log nor count that time.

PILOTO74 02-06-2017 07:54 PM


Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2296330)
The 100 is a single pilot airplane. My guess since you were part 91 that you didn't have any Op Specs requiring an SIC as a required crew member. So no, you shouldn't log nor count that time.

Darn that is a bummer , didn't know that , so all that time is worthless?? Guess that I have to find 3 more months and 80 hours of 152 to make it up and I thought that was the highlight of my resume :)

PT6 Flyer 02-06-2017 08:20 PM

Hey Piloto, do you have any links online to where we can look at how CAE is offering that "type rating"? We would like to see this.

Jetlife 02-06-2017 08:27 PM


Originally Posted by PILOTO74 (Post 2296382)
Darn that is a bummer , didn't know that , so all that time is worthless?? Guess that I have to find 3 more months and 80 hours of 152 to make it up and I thought that was the highlight of my resume :)

Now you know. All that time is worthless.

Jetlife 02-06-2017 08:28 PM


Originally Posted by PT6 Flyer (Post 2296404)
Hey Piloto, do you have any links online to where we can look at how CAE is offering that "type rating"? We would like to see this.

He most likely went to CAE for a part 91 SIC course in the Phenom. You don't do a real checkride for a 91 course you just get the type at the end. You can also just do 3 bounces in it and get a type from the FSDO.

DarkSideMoon 02-07-2017 01:01 AM


Originally Posted by PILOTO74 (Post 2296382)
Darn that is a bummer , didn't know that , so all that time is worthless?? Guess that I have to find 3 more months and 80 hours of 152 to make it up and I thought that was the highlight of my resume :)

I mean, it's not completely worthless. Future employers are going to look favorably on the fact that you had jet training. It just won't count towards total time.

DarkSideMoon 02-07-2017 01:02 AM


Originally Posted by kcartwright27 (Post 2293505)
Does that seem odd to you ?

It's a single pilot airplane, so kind of. 80 hours seems low for them to have been working 135 or 91k, which would be the only two cases you could log SIC in a single pilot airplane.

PILOTO74 02-07-2017 12:53 PM


Originally Posted by PT6 Flyer (Post 2296404)
Hey Piloto, do you have any links online to where we can look at how CAE is offering that "type rating"? We would like to see this.

No links , I worked for a 135 operator in a management position and the owner gave me the chance to go for the type rating,it was the whole training 3 weeks at Dallas and 7 SIM sessions with a checkride at the end. Got the endorsement on my license for SIC priveleges only but I never completed the 135 checkride so I just jumped in it everytime that I could on the 91 legs under the impression that I was building time. Well it was good experience and hopefully the endorsement will look good in my license for future employers.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:47 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands